Old 23rd January 2017, 16:36   #16

Re: Mumbai - Thane - Shrivardhan : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
A couple of ones which I knew are as below:
1) Shiv Shrusti Resorts - Owner Nilesh Karnikar 8805194222
2) Niwara Resorts - No contact details available
3) Shree Holiday Home - Vilas Nalawade 9552114030

BTW which weekend are you planning to visit Shrivardhan?
Thanks for information. I am planning this weekend on 26th Jan.
Old 30th January 2017, 11:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Thane - Shrivardhan : Route Queries

I completed the Shrivardhan trip and just mentioning the road status here, detailed travelogue will be posted later.
Thane-Shrivardhan: Took the usual Thane Belapur Road and then Pune E-way till Khalapur toll. Took the Khopoli - Pen route instead of the Khopoli Pali road (blame the MMI and my ignorance/stupidity). Road till Pen was good, easily covered the ground. Then took the NH17 till Mangaon. Road was 2 laned and in some place could see the road widening being done but not allowed for use. From Mangaon till Mhasale the SH 97 roads were horrible to good in stretches. This was a total ghat roads with some steep uphills and downhills. Cannot do speeds more than 40 in these roads. In some places roads were single lane and width was too less for two vehicles to pass by. After Mhasale village (did not take the bypass as I was told roads were horrible) till Shrivardhan roads were good and speeds upto 60 was possible.

Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar: Very smooth roads, easily speeds upto 70 were possible but again lots of twists and turns. Very rarely straight roads of 500 mtrs was observed.

Shrivardhan - Goregaon-Lonere-Mahad-Raigad: The roads SH99 from Mhasale check post till Goregaon/Lonere was again horrible to smooth in parts. 2 laned roads with ghats section all along, again speeds less than 50 was only possible. I was advised by locals to take the above route to touch NH17 and not the usual route of reaching Mangaon and taking the NH17. Once you touch NH17 (mumbai-goa highway) you can then do speeds of 70 but overtaking on this road is very risky. The climb to Raigad on the Raigad road is again ghat section for the last 6 kms or so, 2 laned smooth roads till the Raigad ropeway but at some spots the roads are too step to climb. Was doing at speeds less than 40 in those sections.

Raigad - Pali: The road from Raigad to Pali was super smooth. Empty 2 laned roads but again with the usual twists and turns, could easily so speeds upto 70 in straight sections and 40 in ghat sections. This was SH97 till Nizampur and then SH93 till Pali Ganpati temple. From Nizampur, one must take the SH93 till village Vile and after which the SH93 continues till Pali.

Pali - Thane via Khopoli: 2 laned road but super smooth. Speeds of 80 is easily doable, this is SH92 till Khalapur. After which I took the Pune Expressway till Vashi and then Thane Belapur road and Eastern express highway till Thane.

Last edited by ghodlur : 30th January 2017 at 11:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks