Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2017, 08:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai - Thane - Shrivardhan : Route Queries

Experts,

Need some help. I am planning a trip to Shrivardhan & Harihareshwar from Thane during the Republic Day weekend. Need some info on the route query. from google maps it seems a straight forward route:
Thane-Kharghar-Khalapur-Pali-Mangaon-Shrivardhan. Total distance is approx 200 kms and will take around 4.5 hrs. Planning to start from Thane at 5.30 or 6 am max. Hoping to reach Shrivardhan by 10.30 to 11.00 am.
Till Khalapur it will the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, I am told to keep extreme left and connect to Pali - Khopoli road. Is the toll same as what we pay to use the Expressway?

1) How is the road from Khalapur to Pali to touch Mumbai-Goa highway? I guess this is a 2 laned road. How is the traffic in the mornings?
2) Mumbai Goa highway till Mangaon is again 2 laned I guess.
3) Mangaon to Shrivardhan - How is the road condition? 2 laned I assume. I can see there is a ghat section also in this stretch.

Please provide some pointers.
Old 10th January 2017, 10:24   #2
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Thane - Shrivardhan : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Experts,

Need some help. I am planning a trip to Shrivardhan & Harihareshwar from Thane during the Republic Day weekend. Need some info on the route query.

3) Mangaon to Shrivardhan - How is the road condition? 2 laned I assume. I can see there is a ghat section also in this stretch.

Can't comment on 1st two queries but Mangaon to Shrivardhan road condition is decent. It is a two lane road and wide enough. Just that when it passes through towns like, Mhasala, it gets really narrow but just for 500m or so.
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 11:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai-Thane-Shrivardhan: Route Queries

Quote:
Experts,

Need some help. I am planning a trip to Shrivardhan & Harihareshwar from Thane during the Republic Day weekend. Need some info on the route query. from google maps it seems a straight forward route:
Thane-Kharghar-Khalapur-Pali-Mangaon-Shrivardhan. Total distance is approx 200 kms and will take around 4.5 hrs. Planning to start from Thane at 5.30 or 6 am max. Hoping to reach Shrivardhan by 10.30 to 11.00 am.
Till Khalapur it will the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, I am told to keep extreme left and connect to Pali - Khopoli road. Is the toll same as what we pay to use the Expressway?

1) How is the road from Khalapur to Pali to touch Mumbai-Goa highway? I guess this is a 2 laned road. How is the traffic in the mornings?
2) Mumbai Goa highway till Mangaon is again 2 laned I guess.

Girish,

You are good to go all the way by the route above and yes do as told "to keep extreme left and connect to Pali - Khopoli road" at Khalapur Toll.

0) Toll is same upto Khalapur as usual.

1-2) Khalapur-Pali-Vile MIDC-Mangaon-Mumbai Goa HW NH17/66

Decent quality 2 laned road, except some narrow road patches through couple of villages en route and through the remote areas with blind corners in thick plantations either side

3) Yes decent enough 2 laned road, scenic, enjoyable with nice ghats.

Additionally, if you are planning stay at Srivardhan, you can consider Subhan Beach resort. Its location is fantastic, right in middle and directly in front of beach and you got to literally drive on the beach to get to it. Hope he has improved the shacks now.

Last edited by parsh : 10th January 2017 at 11:33.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 13:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Additionally, if you are planning stay at Srivardhan, you can consider Subhan Beach resort. Its location is fantastic, right in middle and directly in front of beach and you got to literally drive on the beach to get to it. Hope he has improved the shacks now.
Thanks mate for the info.

I will be staying at Aaple wadi Homestay (based on the reviews on tripadvisor) which is about 5 min walk to beach. But if possible I will check out the resort you mentioned.

Does the Khopoli - Pali road have the usual unmarked bumps too?
Old 10th January 2017, 13:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I will be staying at Aaple wadi Homestay (based on the reviews on tripadvisor) which is about 5 min walk to beach. But if possible I will check out the resort you mentioned.

Yes, it does, but not too much, it is lot better than NH17/66 in today's state of affairs.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 13:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:

There are a couple of BIG and well marked bumps near Imagica. Take them slowly.

Over all the road is a mix of good and patchy. Slowdown as you near a village and you should be OK.
The road does have truck traffic and there is no divider. Plan overtaking maneuvers carefully.

All this based on my last travel in Dec 2015.
Check this post for Pune-Pali
freedom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 14:17   #7
BHPian

The route mentioned by you is pretty much the standard route. However I would suggest one thing. Once you reach Pali town, check the status of NH66 by checking maps or asking locals. Worst case scenario of traffic jams due to accident or tourist rush given the extended weekend holiday season, you can take the alternate route from Pali to Mangaon via Pali town-Adulse-Vile MIDC-Nizampur-Mangaon. With this you can skip the traffic jams of Kolad, Indapur and Mangaon which are pain many a times.

Edit: One more thing is the Mhasla bypass route. This route which is just near a petrol pump. It's a pathetic road. Ask the petrol pump guy about the condition. Last time I went, I had a horrible time driving there. Do not take if the condition is bad. It is better to enter Mhasla town and face traffic.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 10th January 2017 at 14:20.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 21:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Road condition after crossing NH66 is strictly average and poor in some patches. I drove from PUNE to Diveagar last weekend.
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 08:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Any suggested eateries on this route where I can have breakfast? I expect to have the same at Pali or earlier around 8.30 am considering that I will move out from Thane around 5.30 am.
Old 12th January 2017, 14:08   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggested eateries on this route where I can have breakfast? I expect to have the same at Pali or earlier around 8.30 am considering that I will move out from Thane around 5.30 am.
If you want some piping hot vadapavs and bhajiyas with some excellent tea, then check out the small hotels at Pali-NH66 junction. Just when you are about to touch the highway, right hand side (first one)
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 14:37   #11
BHPian

Pandit's Hotel Landmark at village Parali is a good option for a breakfast. It is about 12 kms from Imagica and is on the main road with its own parking.
Musaafir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 23:11   #12

Re: Mumbai - Thane - Shrivardhan : Route Queries

I am also planning for a weekend trip to Shrivardhan from Pune. Looking for some home stay. I stayed in nice home few years before but missed the contact details.

Can someone recommend a good place other than Aapli wadi Homestay in shrivardhan.

Attaching the picture of the home which i stayed before.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Thane - Shrivardhan : Route Queries-capture.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2017, 23:55   #13

We are planning for a weekend trip to Shrivardhan. Looking for a good guest house to stay , preferably walking distance from beach. Please share guest house names and contact details.
Old 23rd January 2017, 01:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is not exactly a direct answer for route, but rather itinerary.

On the Mhasala - Shrivardhan route, make sure to visit the Swami Samarth Mathh.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...3.0688183,17z/

Aside from Swami Samarth temple, interesting studies are being done there on Ayurvedic plants, and it has a big Nakshatra Udyan which has trees for each Nakshatra depending on your Kundli.

Harihareshwar temple too is nearby Shrivardhan, one needs to drive in opposite way from the junction that heads to Shrivardhan.

While coming back, you can take the Shekhadi sea route to Dive Agar, and join at Mhasala. If you have additional day, you can use the Dighi Jetty to cross the sea (even with car) to go and visit Murud Janjira fort.
Old 23rd January 2017, 08:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebeauty View Post
Can someone recommend a good place other than Aapli wadi Homestay in shrivardhan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebeauty View Post
Please share guest house names and contact details.
A couple of ones which I knew are as below:
1) Shiv Shrusti Resorts - Owner Nilesh Karnikar 8805194222
2) Niwara Resorts - No contact details available
3) Shree Holiday Home - Vilas Nalawade 9552114030

BTW which weekend are you planning to visit Shrivardhan?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed