Team-BHP - Bangalore - alleppey route info required
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - alleppey route info required (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/18458-bangalore-alleppey-route-info-required.html)

Hi all, I am planning a road trip to alleppey around the 15th of september, could fellow-bhpians help me out in deciding the best route, I was told that b'lore-salem-coimbatore-palaghat-alleppey is the most convenient, I would like to know how many kms it is from b'lore to alleppey, what are the kinds of roads, food halts enroute and how many hours it takes to cover the distance at normal highway speeds. I will most probably be driving in the optra.thanks in advance

Hi,
You can take the Bangalore - Hosur- Dharmapuri - Salem - Coimbatore - Palghat - Ernakulam - Allepey route.. The approximate distance will be around 575 kms.

Bangalore - Dharmapuri -> 120 kms (Time - 2 hrs)
Dharmapuri - Salem -> 65 kms (Time - 1.25 hrs)
Salem - Coimbatore -> 150 kms (Time - 2.5 hrs)
Coimbatore - Palghat -> 40 kms (Time - 0.5 hrs)
Palghat - Thrissur -> 60 kms (Time - 1.25 hrs)
Thrissur - Ernakulam -> 80 kms (Time - 1.5 hrs)
Ernakulam - Allepey -> 60 km (Time - 1 hr)

You dont have to enter Thrissur and Ernakulam towns as you can take the bypass, and just follow the NH 47 road, once you enter Kerala.
The time given is without any stop for food and re-fueling. When we go from Bangalore to Trivandrum, we usually start at around 6 in the morning, reach Dharmapuri at 8 and have breakfast. Then we stop at Perunthurai for re-fueling, and head straight to Palghat and have lunch there. Then we go to Thrissur and either take a break and start next day, or head straight to Trivandrum...
Drive carefully, I dont know the condition of the roads of late, but heard there is some work going on in the Dharmapuri - Salem route. Have a nice trip.

hey Lukeskywalker you can have lunch at Palaghat as mentioned by Vivekkr_99. Precisely the best place is at Walayar and its called Walayar Resorts. Food is pretty good and the place is clean. From there on follow the route mentioned and enjoy the drive. Drive Safe Mate !!

Please use the search option - we've had PLENTY of threads with Bangalore-Trivandrum, Bangalore-Cochin, Bangalore-Kottayam and as of yesterday Bangalore-Trichur requests on it.

The routes are all the same. If you reach Cochin there's only one way to Alleppy. If you're going to Trivandrum, Alleppy is on the way. If you're going to Trichur, its down the same road....

Perhaps we should join all threads into one Bangalore-Various Parts of Kerala Thread?

PS: Bangalore to any part of Kerala is not really a "ROAD TRIP" - its something you can do in your sparetime. The roads are good, they pass through civilization most of the time and all amenities are available along the way. Just wake up one Sunday morning an decide to drive down - its as simple as that.

I can see 15th september mentioned in his post. Is it a mistake? Yes, I think.

I doublely agree on what Steer said. Make these threads onto one.

Regarding the eateries, You can also try stopping at Reliance A1 plazas. They're clean, good food and they've some free gifts too!

And so is Aaraam Motels once in Kerala. It's not that good but does ok.

Drive safe.
And read below!

Posted 27th October @ 9:40 ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker
Hi all, I am planning a road trip to alleppey around the 15th of september, could fellow-bhpians help me out in deciding the best route,

And Lo .. we have a TBHP-IAN who can actually travel back in time .... lol: .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69
hey Lukeskywalker you can have lunch at Palaghat as mentioned by Vivekkr_99. Precisely the best place is at Walayar and its called Walayar Resorts. Food is pretty good and the place is clean. From there on follow the route mentioned and enjoy the drive. Drive Safe Mate !!

Yes rjstyles69, i think Walayar Resorts is a better place, well maintained too.. I stop there for breakfast when I drive to Bangalore, after a stop over at Thrissur the previous day.