Team-BHP - Visa waiver for Indian tourists travelling to Malaysia
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Visa waiver for Indian tourists travelling to Malaysia (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/186038-visa-waiver-indian-tourists-travelling-malaysia.html)

Starting April 1st 2017 until March 31st 2018, Malaysian Government has announced a Visa Waiver Program for Indian nationals travelling as tourists to Malaysia.

Until now there was an eVisa (costs around Rs. 2600) and a regular visa through an agent (costs around Rs. 7000).

Now, they have introduced Electronic Travel Registration & Information (eNTRI) which is an online registration facility to enable the entry of Indian Nationals into Malaysia under the Visa Waiver Programme. There are no Visa fees for eNTRI, but a processing fee of USD 20 per applicant.

The traveler can visit Visa Malaysia , register themselves and apply for the eNTRI note. There is no approval process, you immediately get an eNTRI note which needs to be carried (along with other documents mentioned in the FAQ section) when entering Malaysia.

There are several conditions (Ex: direct flight from India, stay up to 15 days only etc.] to be met when applying for eNTRI, so please read the FAQ section for " eNTRI for Indian Nationals " in the above site.

Mods, This information is not yet available readily on the web, it can help potential travelers to Malaysia save on time and cost. Kindly merge this with another thread if appropriate. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone here tried getting the eNTRI visa ?

I'm in the process of applying eNTRI visa for visiting my relatives in Malaysia but I'm not sure how to present the proof of residence as there will be no hotel booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravindkumarp (Post 4181385)
Starting April 1st 2017 until March 31st 2018, Malaysian Government has announced a Visa Waiver Program for Indian nationals travelling as tourists to Malaysia.[/b]

Great news. I now hope Malaysia's next door neighbour Singapore also comes up with such a scheme to enable hassle-free visit to both these countries, which I believe are very high on the minds of foreign tourists from India.

With Cambodia, Thailand and Indonesia also having a Visa on Arrival for Indian citizens, we now have more options to extend our holidays to these countries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 4182002)
Thanks for sharing.

Has anyone here tried getting the eNTRI visa ?

I'm in the process of applying eNTRI visa for visiting my relatives in Malaysia but I'm not sure how to present the proof of residence as there will be no hotel booking.

I have got the eNTRI for me and my family, though travel is only for end of the month. Note that you can generate only one eNTRI note per account, so if there are multiple members in your party you will need to create multiple accounts.

There is a live chat facility available in the site, and they are very helpful. You can ask them the question regarding proof of residence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravindkumarp (Post 4182013)
I have got the eNTRI for me and my family, though travel is only for end of the month. Note that you can generate only one eNTRI note per account, so if there are multiple members in your party you will need to create multiple accounts.

There is a live chat facility available in the site, and they are very helpful. You can ask them the question regarding proof of residence.

Thanks Aravind.

I have registered an account for applying and sent them a query on proof of residence.
Shall wait for their reply and apply accordingly.

Hi,

Anyone used eNTRI for entering Malaysia? how was your experience at immigration in Malaysia? I have to travel to KL in couple of weeks with family, planning to use eNTRI, appreciate if you could share your experience.

Thanks

I travelled​ with family last week to KL, all of us had eNTRI note. Absolutely no issues during immigration both in India and in Malaysia. Just need to carry all the documents they suggest in the email you get with the eNTRI note - return tickets, accommodation proof, etc.

Thanks @aravindkumarp

I just came back after the travel to Malaysia using eNTRI. Immigration was a breezer with no issues. KL immigration did not even ask a single query. As long as all the documentation mentioned in eNTRI mail is ready, there should not be any issue.