Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2017, 00:55   #1

Best route from Delhi to Rohru

Hi All,

Posting after a while

I am traveling to Rohru from Delhi this week, and would like to know the best route to take, from you knowledgeable folks. I will be driving a Terrano and I'm hoping that the Chanshal will be open (taking a chance).

Looking forward to your expert guidance on the route, road conditions etc.

Cheers,
Taz
Old 26th April 2017, 09:28   #2
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Best route from Delhi to Rohru

The best route would be Delhi - Karnal - Paonta Sahib - Chakrata - Tiuni - Hatkoti - Rohru.

My friend is in Chirgaon currently and he would be attempting Chanshal Pass on his Duke 390 today. I will update the road conditions here, once I get a feedback from him.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 09:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The best route would be Delhi - Karnal - Paonta Sahib - Chakrata - Tiuni - Hatkoti - Rohru.

My friend is in Chirgaon currently and he would be attempting Chanshal Pass on his Duke 390 today. I will update the road conditions here, once I get a feedback from him.
Thank you, for the quick response. GMaps shows this one as the slower of the two routes (slower by an hour) and hence I got confused. Is the Pinjore - Ochghat- Kharapatthar - Rohru route absolutely undoable, even in a big car? Asking because getting to Pinjore is a breeze. Please do let me know.

Also, will wait for updates from your friend with fingers crossed
Old 26th April 2017, 11:39   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazonahighway View Post
Hi All,

Posting after a while

I am traveling to Rohru from Delhi this week, and would like to know the best route to take, from you knowledgeable folks. I will be driving a Terrano and I'm hoping that the Chanshal will be open (taking a chance).

Looking forward to your expert guidance on the route, road conditions etc.

Cheers,
Taz
We did the Chanshal pass 2 weeks back, its open and beautiful with lots of snow around. Cannot suggest route as we did not do Delhi-Rohru directly.

Some photos of Chanshal pass-
Best route from Delhi to Rohru-dsc01639wp.jpg

Best route from Delhi to Rohru-chanshal-1.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 13:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
We did the Chanshal pass 2 weeks back, its open and beautiful with lots of snow around. Cannot suggest route as we did not do Delhi-Rohru directly.

Some photos of Chanshal pass-
Attachment 1633429

Attachment 1633430
Woo-hoo! Thanks, Anshuman. This is the best news I have heard in a while. You made my week
tazonahighway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 16:28   #6
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazonahighway View Post
Thank you, for the quick response. GMaps shows this one as the slower of the two routes (slower by an hour) and hence I got confused. Is the Pinjore - Ochghat- Kharapatthar - Rohru route absolutely undoable, even in a big car? Asking because getting to Pinjore is a breeze. Please do let me know.

Also, will wait for updates from your friend with fingers crossed
My friend took the Narkanda - Baghi - Rohru route on his way to Chanshal Pass, he said the roads were slushy and lonely throughout.

On his way back, he took the Kharapatthar - Theog route and said it is more lively but again not in a very good shape.

Another friend who did Chanshal just a week back took the Chakrata - Hatkoti route and was all praises. According to him, the road conditions are good throughout till Rohru except one small stretch of about 7-8 kms just after Chakrata towards Tiuni.

Based on their feedback, the roads are in much better shape via Chakrata.

That said, you may also choose to do this circuit : Delhi - Karnal - Pinjore - Theog - Kharapatthar - Rohru - Larot - Chanshal Pass - Larot - Rohru - Hatkoti - Tiuni - Chakrata - Karnal - Delhi.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 21:03   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
That said, you may also choose to do this circuit : Delhi - Karnal - Pinjore - Theog - Kharapatthar - Rohru - Larot - Chanshal Pass - Larot - Rohru - Hatkoti - Tiuni - Chakrata - Karnal - Delhi.
I agree with you. Doing the circuit is the way to go. Thanks for all your suggestions. This has been immensely helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks