Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 16:09   #16
BHPian

Re: India - pet friendly hotels/ stopovers? Calling all dog lovers

Anyone travelling from Bangalore to Kolkata via Hyderabad, Vijaywada, Vizag, Bhubaneshwar can check these hotels (see attachment). They are may be expensive but allows pets.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Pet Friendly.xls (32.0 KB, 1531 views)
samikc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 13:55   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by samikc View Post
Anyone travelling from Bangalore to Kolkata via Hyderabad, Vijaywada, Vizag, Bhubaneshwar can check these hotels (see attachment). hey are may be expensive but allows pets.
Thanks. This should help pet parents during travels and holidays (I am not a great fan of petvacations.in). For me, as long as the pet is allowed to be with me in the room I am fine. I don't expect anything else.

A couple of places to stay from my side:-
1. Hotel Shiv Sagar at Somnath, Gujarat- stayed for a night in 2011,2012.
2. Alcove Resorts at Vagator, Goa- Stayed for a week in Jun 2013. Excellent experience. The resort is very close to the beach and my girl had a great time.
Old 26th September 2013, 16:35   #18
BHPian

Georgia Sunshine Resort/HomeStay near Malavalli is extremely Pet friendly. You need to carry dog food though. The couple who owns that property has about 10-12 dogs. I met the most friendliest Rottweiler there. I never believed I could pet a Rottie like a Labrador till I met this one.
Old 26th September 2013, 18:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samikc View Post
Anyone travelling from Bangalore to Kolkata via Hyderabad, Vijaywada, Vizag, Bhubaneshwar can check these hotels (see attachment). They are may be expensive but allows pets.
Hi samikc - Sai Balajee's Oriental Hut mentioned in your list, doesn't allow pets in their hotel. I had called them up in July this year to find accommodation at Vizag, it was completely ruled out by the guy in the reception. I informed him that their name was listed in tripadvisor.in & under the hotel amenities it clearly states the hotel is pet-friendly

The updates given in some of the travel websites are therefore incorrect, I had a similar experience with a hotel listed as pet-friendly in Kolkata too last year. Pl double check by calling up the hotel directly & confirm the booking, before taking your pets to avoid issues later.

Do keep me posted in case of any further updates for Vizag, as I intend to travel with my Labrador (Bruno) from Hyderabad. Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 23:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Peanut Hotel at Nagpur is a pet friendly hotel and accomodates pets at an additional 1000rs to the offered room tariff
www.peanuthotels.com
Old 18th July 2014, 00:06   #21
BHPian

These are hotels I stayed with my dog when I've been on the road with him.

Alurkar resort kolhapur
Heritage resort kolhapur
Prospect hotel panchgani
Taj fort aguada goa
Presa di goa
Waterfront shaw lavasa
Old 16th November 2014, 20:24   #22
BHPian

adding one more to this list of places to stay with pets

the white house bungalow in panchgani
Old 16th November 2014, 23:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
adding one more to this list of places to stay with pets

the white house bungalow in panchgani
Any places down south? Panning a 6-7 days road trip down south to Rameshwaram. Cant leave my best friend alone at home.
Shes got to come with us.
Old 23rd November 2014, 19:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Any places down south? Panning a 6-7 days road trip down south to Rameshwaram. Cant leave my best friend alone at home.
Shes got to come with us.
You can get lot of options in South India. Check out Pet vacations.
samikc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 20:07   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Any places down south? Panning a 6-7 days road trip down south to Rameshwaram.
Hi, where are you planning your night halts?
I have stayed in Trichy @ cholaservicedapartment.com and had a great stay. I generally give a call to every decent hotel and speak to the manager and request them. So far, fortunately I have been able to find accommodation everywhere.
Old 25th June 2016, 14:23   #26
BHPian

Some pet-friendly hotels, who allowed my GSD

1. Vizag (Zai Silverline Residency) http://www.silverlineresidency.com/index.html - this is a budget hotel, not that great; but will allow your pet

2. Sikakulam (Hotel Blue Earth) http://hotelblueearth.com/sklm.html - This is a better hotel to stay. They don't have any pet policy as such. But we called them and got confirmation over mail about staying with pet. We stayed in this hotel while driving from Kolkata to Hyderabad with our pet.

3. Goa - Baga beach (Mayflower beach resort) http://mayflowerbeachresort.com/index.html - This is a perfect pet-friendly hotel. Most of the hotel staffs will be affectionate about your pet. This is a good hotel for vacation, 5 mins walk from baga beach

4. Yarcaud (Lake Forest Hotel) http://www.indecohotels.com/lakeforest-hotel.html - This is also a good hotel, which will allow your pet. Though they will charge extra.

Last edited by Krishroy : 25th June 2016 at 14:26.
Old 20th July 2016, 19:02   #27

Two additions from my end:

1.Radiant YMCS Tourist hotel, Varanashi:
You need to enter into the city to get access of this hotel. They will charge extra (per dog 200 bucks) for pets. This is my pitstop for Delhi-Kolkata trip

2.Shringi vatika, Tirthan Valley: The best part is that food for the four-legged friends are on the house

3. Kargil Tourist Camp: Does not allow pets but allows to pitch tent in their territory with pets.

During my travel with family and pets, I prefer to do camping. I will share further details as we gather.
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:09   #28
BHPian

So I do a lot of Bangalore-Jamshedpur (Home town) road trips with my Shih-Tzu. I usually leave early morning from Whitefield and reach Vishakhapatnam ~11:00 PM.
I stay at Hotel Seacity in Vishakhapatnam which is located on the highway, after CMR Central shopping mall. It's a budget hotel and allows Oreo in my room. I make it a point to speak with Gopi (Manager) for advance reservation.
The hotel is located in a lane parallel to the highway and is visible from the highway.
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:13   #29

Dear all,

Can you please share pet friendly hotel details in Rann of Kutch region and Delhi to Mumbai stretch? Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd November 2016, 14:39   #30
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Hi All!

I understand that this is not the right thread, but since all of you are pet parents, hence the query.

I am looking for a pet friendly stay at Vishakhapatnam, somewhere close to NH5.

Although, I stay at Hotel Seacity (Shivajipalem) since they allow my Shih-Tzu, last trip turned out a little difficult for me. The bookings were cancelled at the last moment.

Just to keep another option as a back-up as I have a trip in December from BLR to Jamshedpur.

Thanks in advance!

Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks