Team-BHP - India - pet friendly hotels/ stopovers? Calling all dog lovers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   India - pet friendly hotels/ stopovers? Calling all dog lovers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/19282-india-pet-friendly-hotels-stopovers-calling-all-dog-lovers.html)

Hi folks
Now I have been planning a long drive with family - in the winter vacations.
I am in Delhi and two possible routes are - Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur - and further etc. or Delhi - Shimla - and further
I would dearly love to take my german shepherd along with me - and I wanted to know if any of you are aware of hotels / motels along the way which allow pets - on these routes - so I can plan accordingly

Thanks a heap for any info/ suggestions

Cheers

Sorry pal, i cant help you in that, because i have never been in that route. But you called all Dog Lovers & i came right in. In india, dogs are still considered dirty & a waste of time. So dont expect too many warm welcomes for your GSD. I have had bad experiences down south with my pets. Sometimes i've had to sleep in the car with my dog too. I hope you find some nice places. cheers

Ahhhhh... Fellow animal lovers.

I'm no dog lover, but I'm a cat lover big time. The entire family is. We have 12-18 cats at our place (floating population). It's like we stay at the cat's place, rather than the cats staying at our place. :-)

Vikrant, I've heard of lots of experiences similar to esteem_lover's. I hope you find good places.

Why don't you check with your vet? He may have an idea about some good places.

Or try PETA India (Indian arm of PETA). They may have some idea. I checked the website, but couldn't find any relevant links/info. This would be info everyone would like to have.

Understand your plight mate! i have a rather large GSD too which makes holidaying with her difficult.

Try rishikesh. I recollect some of the rafting tour organisers saying that they welcome dogs on their camp sites. In fact, saw some expats with their pets. Not too sure about the increased costs though. Also, there are a lot of stray dogs partial to the camp sites near the river bed (and that could put an end to a peaceful holiday since no GSD usually likes to share space!)

Google them and make a few calls with the guys in delhi, they could surely help out!

Good luck.

Heres a thread about TBHPians and their pets (just fyi)
link

cya
R

Guys
DO you think its a good idea to help each other when we are travelling and when we need to board our pets with kennels.
We can see if we can fill in for each other to take care of our pets when we travel.

My dog was never comfortable anywhere but home, so after exploring lot of options I requested my freinds by turn take care of him, and he loved being outdoors than indoors.

If any one thinks its a bright idea do not hesitate to drop me a line

I have a friend who travels by car with his wife and labrador but mostly in eastern India. He normally books the places in advance and makes it clear that he will be coming with his dog. It is normally the other guests who have a problem with dogs - not the small hotel owners themselves. If you choose to go to a place during off season your chances are brighter.

Vikrant, I have faced this problem many times, I stay in Agra & most of my travel vacations initiate from Delhi, I have a golden retriever and no servants at home. My luck that my entire family cannot travel together if we want to and it is always due to the Dog that someone has to stay back ( usually my Mom :) ).

BUT recently I was watching TV and they were showing on NDTV that they now have 5 star Pet Hostels where you can leave yr pampered Doggie / Cat / Bird while travelling abroad or in India. These places are a bit expensive ( ranging from 200/- per day to 2000/- per day ) I think an Airconditioned mattressed room somewhere in Gurgaon with a swimming pool cost from 600 / - per day !!! I think this is a brilliant place. I will be going very soon to check out this place as I am planning a weeks holiday abroad, will update everyone when I visit this place . Cheers :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar (Post 440372)
Guys
DO you think its a good idea to help each other when we are travelling and when we need to board our pets with kennels.
We can see if we can fill in for each other to take care of our pets when we travel.

it is indeed a brilliant idea, if it can be worked out! in fact, that is exactly what i'm looking out for.

i have a GSD and holidaying with her along is not always feasible.

where do u stay? if in bangalore, where in particular?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 486692)
BUT recently I was watching TV and they were showing on NDTV that they now have 5 star Pet Hostels where you can leave yr pampered Doggie / Cat / Bird while travelling abroad or in India. These places are a bit expensive ( ranging from 200/- per day to 2000/- per day ) I think an Airconditioned mattressed room somewhere in Gurgaon with a swimming pool cost from 600 / - per day !!! I think this is a brilliant place. I will be going very soon to check out this place as I am planning a weeks holiday abroad, will update everyone when I visit this place . Cheers :)

vkochar, yes there are places like this, but wouldn't it be great if you could take your pet with you when you holiday ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 498285)
vkochar, yes there are places like this, but wouldn't it be great if you could take your pet with you when you holiday ?

Oh Yes !!! But you see at times when you do not have a Big car / SUV and already 4 ppl in the car then you hv no option

But as I already said if there are hotels that allow this then nothing like it. Let me know if you know any in the Northern Part.

Yeah, you are right about that. SUV is perfect for that kind of thing.

Hey Guys,

You no longer have to worry. Now you can travel the entire country with your dog. Just log on to http://[URL="http://www.petvacations.in"]www.petvacations.in[/url] , the first of its kind pet-friendly travel service in India.

PETVACATIONS.IN already has about 350 pet-friendly hotels, resorts, bungalows and service apartments to take about. Dogs are allowed to stay with the owner in room, in most of the properties.

Any experiences of folks travelling with their pets down south - keen to take my dog along for a trip to the wild - coorg/ wayanad/ silent valley/ conoor/ chikmagalur/ anywhere?

Looking for a places that are open to us having our dog with us - camps preferred.

Hi Folks, I was driving with my Lab from Mumbai to Goa and checked out hotels in Kolhapur, these three were helpful.
1. Hotel Rajat, Kolhapur hotelrajat@gmail.com "we have no problems with dogs , we allow them in roms if it does not disturb or do the damage" Amar Tanwani 09371108282
2.Hotel Landmark "The Dog should'nt be a problem" neel Pandit neelpan@yahoo.com
3.Hotel Vishwa "we have no problem if your dog is along with you" Mahesh Kulkarni hotelvishwa@gmail.com Manager
(contact no 9011012477)