Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2018, 14:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Self-drive rentals in Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Looks like there is a new one which just debuted over here - Indus Go.
They seem to have a website: link
Old 5th April 2018, 00:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Looks like there is a new one which just debuted over here - Indus Go.

I saw a lot with Swift, Ciaz, XUV, S-Cross, Innova etc. parked near Kakkanad with the company decal waiting for registration.

And a quick search took me to this FB page: https://www.facebook.com/indusgo/

Discounts and brand new cars await all those who book now.
Thanks, I called them today. Their website shows unlimited mileage is available. On asking this, the lady on phone told unlimited mileage is only for the first 150 kms, after that every km will be charged based on the vehicle type.

Moreover, I find their usage terms quite confusing -

Quote:
24. Damage to Vehicles

If the vehicle is damaged, User shall responsible for all such loss and damages and shall pay to the Indus GO for all loss of or damage to the car regardless of cause, or who, or what caused it.

In the event of damages, customer liability will be limited to a maximum of Rs 5,000. The customer will need to pay damage fee equivalent to the repair cost (as estimated by an authorized dealership) and downtime losses, up to a maximum of Rs 5000. This is independent of the nature and terms of the insurance cover that Indus GO will have on the cars.

The maximum liability policy is intended to benefit and protect the responsible user.

In situations of irresponsible or unsafe or negligent usage, there could be discretionary exceptions to this policy, whereby the user could be liable for all damages irrespective of whether or not Indus GO is able to claim insurance in such cases. Such situation include, but are not limited to:
---

In cases where the estimated damage charges exceed the security deposit, the customer will be requested to pay the same at the time of returning the car. In cases of non-payment, Indus GO reserves the right of legal action.
And then this -

Quote:
27.Insurance and Liability

If any accident, damage, theft, third party claim and insurance company repudiate the claim due to the violation of policy conditions by the User and such estimated loss cross the Security Deposit, then

* The User will be required to settle the excess damaged amount
* If such damages moves to litigation, user will be responsible
Don't they provide any insurance, which covers such mishaps from a customer? If not then, they have laid traps all around to make the customer pay for damages, no matter who does the damage.

Is this how rent a car works in India or is it just this company trying to pull a fast one?

God forbid, if some moron tries graffiti with a key or sharp object on the car body, the customer will be taken for a ride....

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 5th April 2018 at 00:41.
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 12:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thought of updating this thread, I got the cars through acquaintances back home, and not through any agencies, worked out well, although this mode offers less peace of mind.

Spike
Old 22nd June 2019, 15:45   #34
BHPian

Happened to see a few 2 wheelers(including Honda Activas and RE Thunderbirds) with Black and Yellow plates, at a wheel alignment center in Calicut. Anyone from Calicut know if there's any new service that deals with rental 2 wheelers?
Old 23rd June 2019, 21:26   #35
Team-BHP Support

Mod note: All Indusgo related posts have been moved to this thread (Indus Go, the latest self-drive rental company from Kerala)
Old 26th August 2021, 20:31   #36
BHPian

Following the apparent success of IndusGo, EVM seems to have ventured into the rent-a-car space as well, with the brand "EVM Wheels". They are available on https://www.evmwheels.com/.

Their rates seem quite lower than IndusGo, considering that the rates on their website are already inclusive of all taxes, unlike IndusGo's and the cars are mostly 2021 models.

I am planning to check them out in Kochi during my upcoming trip. Has anyone already tried out their service?
kung_foo_fanta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 11:25   #37
Team-BHP Support

Used the services of EVM Wheels during my recent trip to Kerala. First contact was done via their website and within a few minutes a sales executive contacted me, and she patiently answered all my questions via WhatsApp. Chose a Polo 1.5 TDI and payment was done via the payment link she shared. I opted for a pickup/drop-off of the car at Cochin Airport, the delivery guy’s details were shared a day before the travel, and during baggage clearance I called the guy, and he came to the pickup bay in 5 mins. Drove us to the nearest gas station (just outside Cochin Airport), did the checklist review and handover formalities, and in 15 mins I was driving home in the Silver Polo. The car was cleaned well inside (with a sanitized sticker) and had around 39K kms on the odo. There were a few dents and scratches outside, which were all noted in the checklist by the delivery executive. There was a minor glitch on the way home – the fasttag for toll payment was not working, and I had to pay by cash (double payment). This was informed to the sales executive next day morning, and she suggested to keep all the toll receipts and handover when I return the car. Returned the car on 7th Jan night at the airport (similar procedure as the pick-up), they confirmed on the bank account for security deposit repayment via chat, and by 10th the security deposit + additional toll repayment was credited back in my account. The little pocket rocket Polo was an awesome companion for 19 days (1750 kms). Overall, a great hassle-free experience!

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th January 2022 at 14:47.
vb-saan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 20:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Used the services of EVM Wheels during my recent trip to Kerala.

I spoke to someone at evm wheels on 06238500017, they currently dont have an office in Thrissur, but they are planning to open one on Jan 1st, this person said I've to pay the entire amount upfront. Did you do the same?

Edit: Well nevermind, I missed the payed via link shared I'm going to give them a try

Last edited by sreejinair : 26th December 2022 at 20:13.
Old 28th May 2023, 18:09   #39
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread, I have a trip to Kerala coming up this July. I would be picking up the car in Kochi and dropping off at Trivandrum. Went through some car rental options online, EVM Wheels looks promising. Has anyone availed their facilities of late? Would love to know the experience.
Old 28th May 2023, 19:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Bumping up an old thread, I have a trip to Kerala coming up this July. I would be picking up the car in Kochi and dropping off at Trivandrum. Went through some car rental options online, EVM Wheels looks promising. Has anyone availed their facilities of late? Would love to know the experience.
I have used EVM extensively in the past year and am very satisfied. Even their rates are economical compared to the other options. Once I took the car from Tvm and dropped it off at Cochin and the process was hassle-free. I always use their airport pick-up and drop-off service.

If you are taking any VW car, ensure the check engine light is not on. It is generally an issue with the ABS sensor. Happened to me twice and both times the executive informed me about the issue beforehand. I lived with it once and got a replacement the next time.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 22:42   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I have used EVM extensively in the past year and am very satisfied.
Thank you Jaguar, that is very reassuring, will proceed with them. I will keep these points in mind since I am leaning towards picking a VW.
Old 10th August 2023, 14:04   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
...I am leaning towards picking a VW.
@Skarface - any feedback, I am planning to use their service at Trichur in Sep'23. VW vento rates for a week a attractive.

Just double checking before I make the booking. Any most current feedback, much appreciated.
Old 10th August 2023, 23:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
@Skarface - any feedback, I am planning to use their service at Trichur in Sep'23. VW vento rates for a week a attractive.

Just double checking before I make the booking. Any most current feedback, much appreciated.
I definitely recommend EVMWHEELS over the others. The experience was very good. Had booked an Altroz, the car was in a good condition only gripe being the scratched windshield, which I noticed very late during my night drive.
The guys who handled the delivery and pick up were super helpful and professional.
skarface is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 20:50   #44
BHPian

Another thumbs up for EVM Wheels from me.

I used their service on my recent Wayanad trip and am very happy with it. I was considering IndusGo and EVM Wheels but went with EVM for the sole reason that they offered a Polo Diesel while IndusGo only had Marutis when I booked. We wanted to evoke bit of our Vento memories with the similar Polo and the car did not disappoint.

The condition of the vehicle was good apart from a few scratches on the body and a bit of cleanliness issues near the gearbox. We are a bit finnicky about cleanliness and usually do a wet wipe of any rental car which took care of it. The handover, the return and the refund were smooth as well.

Would definitely recommend EVM Wheels.
zurura023 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 11:23   #45
BHPian

Another satisfied EVM Customer here,

Thanks to TBhp's recommendation, I had opted for EVM wheels during my Trichur trip. Had chosen a Nissan Kicks. Car was pretty clean, it was raining out there, so I did not mind the mud tracks on the driver seat floor.

Booking, car handover and pickup experience was really good. Pickup while returning the car was a bit late, but the traffic on Thrissur-Kunnamkulam road near Shobha city area is chockablock stand still, so.

Noticed that FastTag was missing, notified the delivery guy, also dropped a copy of the toll receipt while he returned to pick the car. The refund of security deposit was prompt. Toll fine due to missing fast tag was also refunded the next day after I pointed out that they had missed it.

One feedback: EVM should keep a copy of the RC, Insurance, PUC etc or atleast hand it over to the person renting and collect it while returning the car. I didn't need them, as my travel was in and around Trichur. But having a copy is easy to work with authorities during routine checks.

Wish they expand their service up north too (Kannur, Kasaragod).

Recommended self drive service in Kerala.
Spinnerr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks