Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2018, 11:27   #226
Team-BHP Support

Re: Chennai - Ullundurpettai - Salem : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I am planning to drive from Chennai to Coonoor next week.
Any suggestions on route pl.

Thanks.
Depending on your location in Chennai take either the Krishnagiri or Ulundurpet option. Avinashi-Annur-Mettupalayam-Conoor is the default option past Avinashi.
Drive all the way till the last Avinashi bypass. Get off the 4-lane, go below the flyover, drive back to Avinashi and exit for Annur within a km or two.

This what I mean:
Route Link

Last edited by ampere : 6th March 2018 at 11:28.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2019, 12:26   #227
BHPian

I am planning to travel from Chennai to Salem tomorrow. Please suggest the best route, via Ulundurpet or Krishnagiri?
Old 15th February 2019, 13:52   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
I am planning to travel from Chennai to Salem tomorrow. Please suggest the best route, via Ulundurpet or Krishnagiri?
From where are you starting? I am in South Chennai so I always take the Ulundurpet route as its easier for me to reach this particular highway via Thiruporur, Chengalpet. If you are near Poonamallee then probably the other road makes sense. Do note however, that there will be heavy traffic upto Kanchipuram on your way out.
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 13:05   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
From where are you starting? I am in South Chennai so I always take the Ulundurpet route as its easier for me to reach this particular highway via Thiruporur, Chengalpet. If you are near Poonamallee then probably the other road makes sense. Do note however, that there will be heavy traffic upto Kanchipuram on your way out.
I will be starting near Tambaram. I was skeptical about the condition of Ulundurpet-Salem road. I have never taken it.
Old 16th February 2019, 13:37   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will be starting near Tambaram. I was skeptical about the condition of Ulundurpet-Salem road. I have never taken it.
It is a very nice road . Better than krishnagiri one. There are some short stretches where the road becomes two lane but that's not a problem at all. Go for it
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 14:25   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are starting from around Tambaram, Ulundurpet-Salem is the route to take. In fact this leg will be much more peaceful to drive as the traffic will be much lower than that on the Trichy highway.

Just watch out at the junctions where traffic will merge from the right at an angle. Their vision and judgement will not be as good as yours, so shed speed if you find vehicles trying to merge in.

Traffic will increase as you get close to Salem. On the last leg of this highway where there is single lane traffic, be careful with overtaking manoeuvres as there is a stretch where the road goes into a long curve (approx 1-2 kms) where you may be caught off guard due to lack of visibility of oncoming traffic due to this curve.

Last edited by longhorn : 16th February 2019 at 14:28.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks