Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 26th February 2021, 22:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav2111 View Post
We just did Dehradun-Bangalore last week.

Day 1: Dehradun - Gwalior. Took the Eastern peripheral to the Yamuna expressway. Gmaps gave us a scare while getting onto NH44 from the Yamuna expressway but once we were on NH 44 it was smooth sailing. We started at 7:00 am from Doon and we're in Gwalior by 5:00pm. Stayed at Empire resorts.

Day 2: Gwalior-Nagpur. Started at 9:00 am and were in Nagpur by 6:00 pm. Again roads were great throughout. Stayed at the Legend Inn for the night.

Day 3: Nagpur-Bangalore. Started at 8:30 am we were in Bangalore by 11:00 pm. Roads were good except after Hyderabad there are breakers at almost every intersection on the highway. No breakers once you enter Karnataka.

Remember this: From Gwalior all the way up to Devanahalli we didn't spot a single chain fast food outlet. So pick your stops carefully.
If by any chance you remember precise ODO readings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
With the updated conditions, Yes. If you are used to such long distant sprints, yes again.
This pretty much what most of them are doing these days. And, this is less stress-free compared to Delhi-Nagpur section.
This will depend on how your Day 1 was, how stressful and how peacefully could you sleep for that night for Day 2.

From Bangalore to Dehradun via Ghazibad, the following was recommended to both of my friends and they used quite a few of the POIs referred below. Almost all of these are in Bangalore-Delhi corridor. Perhaps it can help next time. And yes, I agree that this route has less options to stop but with proper planning one very well can manage.

Bluemoon

Café Coffee Day, Gooty

Food Pyramid

Sony Family Restaurant

Goel Fuel Station

Malgudi Restaurant

Reliance Fuel Station

Gayatri Family Dhaba/Restaurant

Hotel Mayur

MPTDC, Highway Treat, Rookad

Royal Herigate Garden, Seoni

IOCL Fuel Station

Jalsa Garden Restaurant

Jaltarang Family Restaurant

Satyam Restaurant, Rajakhedi

BPCL Fuel Station

Six Seasons Restaurant, Jhansi

Meadows Grand, Gajraula

Masala Darbar, Bazpur
This is perfect. Thanks a ton for the help. I will be able to use these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket Verma View Post
Dehradun - Delhi : Is no brainer, take the new Saharanpur Bypass & take Kolki exit for Saharanpur - Deoband - Muzaffarnagar Road and then onward to Delhi.
Staying with a friend in Delhi, so not at issue till there.
Quote:
Delhi - Nagpur : Depending upon your stay in NCR, you can take either Yamuna Expressway (South / Central / East Delhi) or GGN - WEP - Palwal - Agra route (West / North)

Delhi Nagpur can be done in 13-14 hrs. with 4 breaks of total of 2 hours

Delhi - Agra - Gwalior - Jahnsi - Sagar - Narsingpur - Seoni - Nagpur
Would be 1000 kms give or take correct? I have done 1200-1400 in a day on bike, but for some reason, I am a little worried.
Quote:
Nagpur - Bangalore : Much faster & better with better amenities than Delhi - Nagpur leg.

Nagpur - Adilabad - Hyderabad - Kurnool - Anantpur - Bangalore.

Depending upon your stamina, you can either drive straight to Bangalore or may take a break at either Hyderabad or Kurnool.
Day 3 I am not so sure about stamina, but will try to push it between Nagpur and Bangalore due to these lockdowns.

Really appreciate the help

Last edited by Aditya : 26th February 2021 at 22:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged

Most Viewed