Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 14:37   #1231
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by athalaga View Post
Thanks for the information. I was wondering if there is a change in situation since the Vacation Bench postponed the plea to Oct 7th today.
Also I Drive a KA Regn Car.
Yesterday while driving back to Bangalore from Chennai in the night, I saw a number of KA registered cars plying on the road. The gravity of the situation will be known only after Oct 7th.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 23:02   #1232
BHPian

I am driving to Cuddalore tomorrow. The google maps is suggesting this route. How is the road condition after taking left at Karimangalam?

http://maps.google.com/local?q=from:...OjE2cvWR2cKiag

Another option seems to be via Salem, Kallakurichi, Panruti.

Which one of these two is a better option?
Old 2nd October 2014, 08:28   #1233
BHPian

The best option to cuddalore is via salem-attur-chinna salem-ulundurpet-panruti-nellikuppam-cuddalore

The road is beautiful till ulundurpet after which it's through villages with heavy 2 wheeler traffic. Even then the road is not bad it just becomes narrow. Bangalore to cuddalore on this route is around 400 kms. This is the best possible route
Old 6th October 2014, 09:30   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information. I was wondering if there is a change in situation since the Vacation Bench postponed the plea to Oct 7th today.
Also I Drive a KA Regn Car.
As per today's news paper, there is Bandh around Krishnagiri area as Pvt schools are being closed in connection with the situation in TN
Old 6th October 2014, 10:11   #1235
BHPian

I drove from bangalore to karur yesterday and there were people lined up on the road pretty much all the way to salem. In Karur I hear that people are getting violent with KA registration cars. It's best to wait and watch
Old 6th October 2014, 12:51   #1236
BHPian

I came back from my trip to Pondicherry yesterday through Chittoor. No issues whatsoever other than bundhs and sit outs in Ranipet.
Old 15th October 2014, 12:05   #1237
BHPian

Hi, Im driving to Pondicherry from Blore today eve. Of the 2 routes ie , 1) ( Blore-Kolar-Chittoor-Thindivanam- Pondi ) , 2) ( Blore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Arcot-Thindivanam-Pondi) , which one is better ? Or is there another route ?

I did check the previous replies, and there are lot many options, which has got me confused

The need is clean fast roads . Kindly suggest.
Old 15th October 2014, 12:12   #1238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
If you can beat the Hosur traffic and you stay closer to Hosur road its better to take that option. Once past Hosur you will fly. Almost all the works seem completed.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 12:35   #1239
BHPian

If all you want is clean fast roads and don't mind extra kilometers, my suggestion would be Bangalore - Salem- Chinnasalem - kallakuruchi - villupuram ( joins the trichy chennai Highway) tindivanam (on the same highway) pondicherry. The road is beautiful all the way through the downside is it is a good 70-80 kms over the arcot - tindivanam route but time take is same because it's pretty much a 4 lane stretch all through.
You can pm me if you have a specific part of pondy that you want to get to and I can give you alternatives
Old 15th October 2014, 12:38   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you can beat the Hosur traffic and you stay closer to Hosur road its better to take that option. Once past Hosur you will fly. Almost all the works seem completed.
Tanks Ampere.. I stay in Bellandur. Ill start by 5pm.

So its going to be a gamble between ORR-KR puram and Silkboard.

Hosa Road- ecity - Hosur being an option.
Old 15th October 2014, 12:45   #1241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tanks Ampere.. I stay in Bellandur. Ill start by 5pm.

So its going to be a gamble between ORR-KR puram and Silkboard.

Hosa Road- ecity - Hosur being an option.
Silk board should be OK since you turn towards Hosur road. You can take that service road which is not crowded at previous HSR ORR signals. All the traffic is towards BTM. Its worth taking the elevated road in this case.
Old 15th October 2014, 14:15   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Im driving to Pondicherry from Blore today eve. Of the 2 routes ie , 1) ( Blore-Kolar-Chittoor-Thindivanam- Pondi ) , 2) ( Blore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Arcot-Thindivanam-Pondi) , which one is better ? Or is there another route ?

I did check the previous replies, and there are lot many options, which has got me confused

I would suggest you to take the hosur route. The only bottleneck is crossing Hosur town. From there on it is a breeze till you reach Vellore.
Old 15th October 2014, 17:56   #1243
BHPian

You can alternatively go via sarjapur. It saves about 5kms, lesser traffic and no signals. Downside, a lot of speed breakers. That's the route I take normally, I also stay in Bellandur
Old 13th November 2014, 20:12   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
I came back from my trip to Pondicherry yesterday through Chittoor. No issues whatsoever other than bundhs and sit outs in Ranipet.
Thank for the info. Can you please let know how long did that take and how is road condition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How about the road condition from Vellore till Pondy. Last time I took deviation from Vellore to Arani. The village road was ok nothing great, but road from Gingee was bad to non-motorable for quite some distance. That is the road which comes from Thiruvanammalai towards pondy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedriver View Post
If all you want is clean fast roads and don't mind extra kilometers, my suggestion would be Bangalore - Salem- Chinnasalem - kallakuruchi - villupuram ( joins the trichy chennai Highway) tindivanam (on the same highway) pondicherry. The road is beautiful all the way through the downside is it is a good 70-80 kms over the arcot - tindivanam route but time take is same because it's pretty much a 4 lane stretch all through.
You can pm me if you have a specific part of pondy that you want to get to and I can give you alternatives
That is 360 kms (via chittoor) versus 374 kms (via vellore-thindivanam) versus 419 kms (via salem).
Which route should take least time. Taking into consideration that salem is longest and best route, and others are not so great route, will that take same time?
Old 13th November 2014, 20:20   #1245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
How about the road condition from Vellore till Pondy. Last time I took deviation from Vellore to Arani. The village road was ok nothing great, but road from Gingee was bad to non-motorable for quite some distance. That is the road which comes from Thiruvanammalai towards pondy.
Its NOT Vellore Arani road. You should take the Cheyyar road for Pondicherry (Arcot-Cheyyar-Vandavasi-Tindivanam-Pondicherry). Quite good they are. But for Cheyyar, Vandavasi and Tindivanam, dont forget to take the bypasses. Absolutely needed. Look out in google maps. See the following route: Route Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks