Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2024, 06:19   #2221
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

The fort campus is huge and google maps will take you to that area. First you will see a temple campus on the left and about 300 meters later, you will reach the fort parking area with a ticket counter. Take the tickets and go inside. Please be aware that the actual fort is on top of a hill and climb is permitted only till 3pm. They are very strict about it. I know because i was late and was not allowed to climb even a meter up

I'm not sure about pet friendliness.

Last edited by KarthikK : 12th February 2024 at 06:39. Reason: Extra space removed
Thinking_Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2024, 19:39   #2222

Re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Recently completed my first ever long drive from Bangalore to pondicherry during the republic day long weekend. We were a group of 4 and took the Tiruvanmalai - Gingee - Tindivinam route. The route krishnagiri till Tindivanam was a single lane but in excellent condition with very less heavy traffic. On the way we stopped at Gingee fort and it was really beautiful and ideal as well as its on the route without any significant diversion.

We also went to Pichavaram mangroves which were beautiful. The route has a mix of good and bad roads but there were some beautiful spots towards the end of the drive. Would recommend the paddle boat at pichavaram instead of the motor boat, they lead to some beautiful mangrove canopies.

We also went on a random drive towards Mahabalipuram and stumbled on an off beat fort by the sea named Alamparai fort. It was an excellent spot for an evening drive.

Food - had breakfast at Murugan idli in Krishnagiri, the food was decent but we felt 900 was expensive for a breakfast for 4. At pondi, liked Bread & choclate, Canteen 18, Boku Ramen, Fruit Bae (guess thats a franchise but we really liked the juices there). Tanto's was not so great probably due to the heavy long weekend crowd. GMT gelato was decent but we all agreed it dosent need a dedicated visit.

One of the facts im really pleased about was that the total toll amount for one side was just around 80 rs only at NECE road and Krishnagiri. The rest is free which I believe people can take advantage of as long as it lasts. As others have mentioned earlier, the toll booths are still under construction. We were also not checked for any alcohol in our car by any police which was an added bonus

Overall a really good first road trip and would recommend for any beginner drivers looking to go on a drive from Bangalore.

Most Viewed