Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 17:30   #871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Planning a trip to Pondy in Aug and this will be my first trip to Pondy. Request all to suggest a good beach resort for family .
We stayed last September in a resort called ocean spray. It did not have private beach access then but there were some plans for the same. Good place for family. We has an offer of 11 000 odd for 2 days per family with complimentary bfast and dinner
Old 29th July 2013, 09:43   #872
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Depends on the budget. To name a few : Kailash Beach Resort and Dune.
(I have not been to either. Heard a few good things about Dune. Do check it out before you book)
We are looking at 4000 to 5000 per day. Checked Le pondy , but is costly. Not getting option for Zest resort booking. Any pointers will be helpful.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:01   #873
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We are looking at 4000 to 5000 per day. Checked Le pondy , but is costly. Not getting option for Zest resort booking. Any pointers will be helpful.
Its not a beach side I think, but you can try GRT. May be its a bit more on the budget, but its one of the good places. Check out Dune too.

Last edited by ampere : 29th July 2013 at 11:10.
Old 29th July 2013, 22:45   #874
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A friend stayed recently at St. James Court Resort and mentioned it was good, place is very close to the beach, their backyard leads to the beach
If you're looking at hotels, Hotel Surguru (short drive to Ashram and beach from here) and Hotel Mass (away from city centre) are good too.
Old 30th July 2013, 19:40   #875
BHPian

Has anyone traveled the regular old route from Blore to Pondi in July? (Blore- Krsh'giri, Utharangai, Gingee, Tindivanam-Pondi)

The last time I traveled it was less of roads and more of holes. On the return journey took the Pondi- Chetpet- Arni- Vellore- Krsh'giri-Blore route and it was awesome.
Mohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 21:13   #876
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohanan View Post
Has anyone traveled the regular old route from Blore to Pondi in July? (Blore- Krsh'giri, Utharangai, Gingee, Tindivanam-Pondi)

The last time I traveled it was less of roads and more of holes. On the return journey took the Pondi- Chetpet- Arni- Vellore- Krsh'giri-Blore route and it was awesome.
Its been avoided like a plague for over a year now. The condition remains status-quo. In fact I hear its deteriorating. If you still want to go down that route, you can try Krishnagiri-Karimangalam-Morappur-Harur-TV Malai.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 21:51   #877
BHPian

Well then I would stick on to my usual Vellore route. Baring a small stretch between Arni and Chetpet that route is really good. Thanks!
Old 31st July 2013, 09:40   #878
BHPian

I am planning a trip to pondicherry on 9th August. I stay near Whitefield in Bnagalore. Now I am confused on whether to take the Kishnagiri route or Kolar route. Please suggest which route will be faster.
Old 31st July 2013, 13:56   #879
BHPian

I am planning to go to Pondicherry via Salem from Bangalore, so that we have an alternate route to Pondy . I am not sure of the route conditions but a few posts albeit a long time ago do mention the roads are decent enough, but will try. If anybody has inputs please do update. Please also do let me know if the Krishnagiri - Tiruvanamali-Tindivanam is still a State Highway or has the government given up ??????
Old 31st July 2013, 14:26   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohanan View Post

Quote:
Its been avoided like a plague for over a year now. The condition remains status-quo. In fact I hear its deteriorating. If you still want to go down that route, you can try Krishnagiri-Karimangalam-Morappur-Harur-TV Malai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Please also do let me know if the Krishnagiri - Tiruvanamali-Tindivanam is still a State Highway or has the government given up ??????
I drove to Pondy last month and almost the entire stretch from the turn off from Krishnagiri towards Tiruvanamalai and beyond is pathetic. The only respite is the 30 odd km stretch before Pondy which has beautiful smooth tarmac and I was so happy that I gunned the car (in safe limits).

How is the road condition on the Krishnagiri-Karimangalam-Morappur-Harur-TV Malai stretch?

Edit - I see on Google Maps that the above route joins Tiruvanamalai and Gingee so yet again, bad roads all through till Tindivanam. Tindivanam and beyond, the roads are awesome.

Last edited by n_aditya : 31st July 2013 at 14:30.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:02   #881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
How is the road condition on the Krishnagiri-Karimangalam-Morappur-Harur-TV Malai stretch?

Edit - I see on Google Maps that the above route joins Tiruvanamalai and Gingee so yet again, bad roads all through till Tindivanam. Tindivanam and beyond, the roads are awesome.
Its pretty good till Tiruvannamalai. And still if you still want to use this part, you can try Tiruvannamalai-Villupuram-Pondi. Still not as good as Arcot-Vandavasi-Pondi
Old 31st July 2013, 18:36   #882
BHPian

Hi All,

Need to travel this stretch to Kumbakonam from my E-City home. 1st option thru TV Malai shows 351kms and 2nd Option thru Selam shows 390kms. Now after reading couple of posts, Option no 1 is not doable due to bad roads.

What will be the best option if i dont want to take selam? Also i will be coming back from Tirunallar and pls give me the route info.

Both travelling will be done in night time with family in Logan.

Thanks,
Ram.
Old 31st July 2013, 18:58   #883
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Both travelling will be done in night time with family in Logan.
All the more reason, why you should not take Tiruvannamalai.

Also why not Salem? Because if not Tiruvannamalai, thats best option in terms of roads. If you try Tindivanam-Arcot option, it longer.

To me the best is stilll :

Hosur-Salem-Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichur-Tanjore-Kumbakonam

The other option, if you are coming back from Karaikal :

Karaikal-Sirkazhi-Vridhachalam-Vazhapadi-Salem-Hosur-Bangalore.

To me Salem is still the best routing option.
Old 31st July 2013, 19:06   #884
BHPian

Quote:
All the more reason, why you should not take Tiruvannamalai.

Also why not Salem? Because if not Tiruvannamalai, thats best option in terms of roads. If you try Tindivanam-Arcot option, it longer.

To me the best is stilll :

Hosur-Salem-Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichur-Tanjore-Kumbakonam

The other option, if you are coming back from Karaikal :

Karaikal-Sirkazhi-Vridhachalam-Vazhapadi-Salem-Hosur-Bangalore.

To me Salem is still the best routing option.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice.
Considering the night travel, willing to take Salem route only.

Is TV Malai route is okay? I heard the route is in bad shape.

Ram.
Old 31st July 2013, 19:21   #885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Is TV Malai route is okay? I heard the route is in bad shape.
Not at all. Its so pathetic, that its not worth to take it even during the day time ! Hence if you note all Pondicherry travellers take the Arcot-Vandavasi-Tindivanam route rather than Chengam-TV Malai-Gingee-Tindivanam.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks