Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2017, 16:06   #1681
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pondicherry : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush_Vroom View Post
Hi,

I will be doing Bangalore Pondicherry next week. Should I stick to the preferred "Vellore-Arcot-Cheyyar-Vandavasi-Tindivanam route" or is the Tirruvanamalai - Villupuram route better now. Please suggest.
I think you should stick to the preferred route, since the Tiruvannamalai route could take more time to get fully done up (though it is still motorable) . Though the Vellore-Vandavasi route is longer, the smooth going , more than makes up for it
SAPVEN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 20:07   #1682
Distinguished - BHPian

My starting point is very close to Old Madras Road and can join the OMR near Brigade Exotica in 20 minutes. OTH, reaching Attibele is good 50KM 1:30min+. So I am planning to take the Hoskote road to reach Pondicherry.

What are some good food and fuel options on this route, especially after KA border?

Google is suggesting Palamaner > Gudiyattam > Pallikonda > Vellore > Arcot as an option, how is this "Palamaner > Gudiyattam > Pallikonda" route compared to Chittoor route?

EDIT: Looked at some posts in Channai route queries and dropped the idea of Gudiyatham - will stick to regular Chittoor route. Please suggest some decent food/fuel stops after KA/AP border.

Thanks.

Last edited by androdev : 8th April 2017 at 20:16.
Old 8th April 2017, 20:38   #1683
BHPian

Quote:

What are some good food and fuel options on this route, especially after KA border?

Thanks.
After the KA border the options are sparse. Palmaner has some decent looking idly shops and there is one coffee day. Chittoor would have some better options. Best option would be tankup and have food within KA and look at options in TN.
Old 8th April 2017, 22:50   #1684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Google is suggesting Palamaner > Gudiyattam > Pallikonda > Vellore > Arcot as an option, how is this "Palamaner > Gudiyattam > Pallikonda" route compared to Chittoor route?
Even if you take the regular Chitoor option, you have an A2B at Arcot. If you come from Ranipet, you may have to drive a couple km towards Vellore from the Tindivanam exit point.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 13:31   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My starting point is very close to Old Madras Road and can join the OMR near Brigade Exotica in 20 minutes. OTH, reaching Attibele is good 50KM 1:30min+. So I am planning to take the Hoskote road to reach Pondicherry.

EDIT: Looked at some posts in Channai route queries and dropped the idea of Gudiyatham - will stick to regular Chittoor route. Please suggest some decent food/fuel stops after KA/AP border.

Thanks.
You do not have options to break for food on the Palamaner-Gudiyattam stretch. Roads are very good though. I would suggest you to take the Chittoor bypass road to Vellore
Old 9th April 2017, 18:06   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
@androdev, I too stay in C.V.Raman Nagar just few metres/stone throw distance away from Old Madras Road, but believe me it is still far more faster (depending on the time you leave city) to go via Electronic City, Attibelle, Hosur, Krishnagiri,Vellore route and stress free/driver friendly compared to Chittoor route. I had driven to Pondy in 6 to 6.30 hours time multiple times, if you leave in the mornings. After 6L road construction till Arcot and from 2015 onwards there is no significant benefit in taking NH4 except for a change in scenary.

Having said that, if you still want to take NH4 route via Kolar/Mulbagal/Palamer/Chittoor, these are the limited food and fuel options. As other suggested, better to tank up in Bangalore instead of AP, or till you reach TN.

Food Options:
1) Hotel Nandi Grand (just after Hoskote in few kms) on your left.
2) Kamat before Kolar (on your left but you have to take service road)
3) Maiyaas (on your left) and Vasudev Adigas on your right (roughly about 60 kms from K.R.Puram junction)
4) Hotel Sree Saravana Bhavan on your left, just in Y junction of Mulbagal by-pass.
5) Mr. & Mrs. Idly on your left which comes just at the exit of Palamer Town
6) Hotel Nandi Plaza on your right (Behind Reliance Petrol pump) which comes in less than 2 kms immediately after you exit Bangarupalayam town.
7) Virhundhu on your rioht when you take right turn in Ranipet town
8) Arcot A2B, but from Ranipet, after you cross the Palar river bridge, this is slight detour because instead of exiting to Cheyyar/vandavasi road in left side, you take right turn and continue further towards vellore road for couple of kms and take a U turn to reach A2B.
and few other Cafe Coffee days.

Fuel Options:
1) Best is to tank up in KA/Bangalore
2) BP COCO Bunk on your left which comes in couple of kms after you exit Bangarupalayam town. (Diagonally opposite is Reliance petrol pump/Nandi Plaza food stop)
3) BPCL on your right after you exit chittoor bypass in about 10 kms distance towards Ranipet.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 9th April 2017 at 18:08.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 08:58   #1687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
@androdev, I too stay in C.V.Raman Nagar just few metres/stone throw distance away from Old Madras Road, but believe me it is still far more faster (depending on the time you leave city) to go via Electronic City, Attibelle, Hosur, Krishnagiri,Vellore route and stress free/driver friendly compared to Chittoor route. I had driven to Pondy in 6 to 6.30 hours time multiple times, if you leave in the mornings. After 6L road construction till Arcot and from 2015 onwards there is no significant benefit in taking NH4 except for a change in scenary.
I know what you mean, but we are very lazy during holidays and never managed to leave before 10AM I lost count of the number of times I wished I took a flight to Goa by the time I reach Hosur/Mysore/Tumkur road. City traffic and long toll queues really dampen my holiday spirit. Not to mention the prospects of returning to Bangalore outskirts by evening and then crawling to home.

I am happy to report that I liked the Old Madras Road option to Pondichery given that I touch Old Madras Road near Brigade Exotica. No KR Puram junction also, huge emotional plus. We left at 11AM. Reached A2B Arcot via Chittoor by 2:30PM for lunch (slight detour). Then reached University of Pondicherry area by 5:30PM.

The 2-lane Chittoor stretch was pretty OK, my strategy is to be really lazy to overtake on 2-lane roads. If you dont overtake a lot, it is not tiring at all. It is just 100KM and doable in ~2hrs, no speed breakers thankfully. Arcot to Thindivanam road is the least pleasant section due to speed breakers.

I drove a bit fast on 4-lane sections this time as I wasn't sure how much time I would lose in 2-lane sections. I will be happy to do this distance in 7hrs in future. I think I will be seeing more of Pondicherry from now on.
Old 11th April 2017, 21:13   #1688
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Any updates on the Krishnagiri - Tirupattur - Singarapettai - Tiruvannamalai - Tindivanam route? What I understand from previous posts is that Singarapettai - Chengam stretch is not good. Anyone took this stretch recently? Also how is the road from Tiruvannamalai to Tindivanam?

Thanks in advance
Old 12th April 2017, 09:37   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns94 View Post
Hi everyone,
Any updates on the Krishnagiri - Tirupattur - Singarapettai - Tiruvannamalai - Tindivanam route? What I understand from previous posts is that Singarapettai - Chengam stretch is not good. Anyone took this stretch recently? Also how is the road from Tiruvannamalai to Tindivanam?

Thanks in advance
Chengam-Singarapettai road is in a good condition. Likewise Krishnagiri-Tirupattur-Singarapettai-Chengam route is also a good one.
Old 12th April 2017, 12:10   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns94 View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance
You would get updates about that route on this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-queries.html
Old 17th April 2017, 16:06   #1691
BHPian

Hi,
I am doing my first drive to Pondicherry next month, from Bengalooru (notwithstanding the heat!). Will be taking a Myles XUV, so does the direct route through Krishnagiri - Chengam - Tiruvannamali - Tindivanam make better sense? Have a couple of toddlers on board, so the more the stop options, the better.
Old 17th April 2017, 16:31   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Hi,
I am doing my first drive to Pondicherry next month, from Bengalooru (notwithstanding the heat!). Will be taking a Myles XUV, so does the direct route through Krishnagiri - Chengam - Tiruvannamali - Tindivanam make better sense? Have a couple of toddlers on board, so the more the stop options, the better.
Since you have kids on board, the best route will be via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Vellore, Arcot, Cheyyar, Vandavasi and Tindivanam
The route you mentioned is good from Singarapettai onwards but post Krishnagiri you do not have options to break for food.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 16:39   #1693
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Will be taking a Myles XUV, so does the direct route through Krishnagiri - Chengam - Tiruvannamali - Tindivanam make better sense? Have a couple of toddlers on board, so the more the stop options, the better.
That route is still not fine entirely, though parts of it are good and people reported that the Tirupattur option is better.
However, I would still encourage you to consider taking the route via Arcot-Tindivanam which is kind of de facto standard route now. More options for breaks as well since you're basically on the Bangalore-Chennai route till Arcot.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 17:07   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
That route is still not fine entirely, though parts of it are good and people reported that the Tirupattur option is better.
However, I would still encourage you to consider taking the route via Arcot-Tindivanam which is kind of de facto standard route now. More options for breaks as well since you're basically on the Bangalore-Chennai route till Arcot.
The shortest better route would be via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Bargur, Tirupattur, Singarapettai, Chengam, Tiruvannamalai, Ginghee and Tindivanam. Not sure about the road quality from T V Malai to Tindivanam via Ginghee.
Old 1st May 2017, 19:56   #1695

Best route for Chidambaram-Bangalore Trip

Hi All

What is the best route to take for road trip between Pondy -Bangalore (on my NEW CIAZ,zdi+ just done 2 services 6500km), travelling with family with 2 kids(including a 5 year old son)

I'll check out around 12 noon from Pondy
I'm thinking of the following route::
Pondy-Tindivanam-Gingeer-Tiruvnamallai-chengam-uttangarai-krishnagairi-Hosur-bangalore

I intend to make a night halt at Tiruvannamalai(not yet decided about accommodation)

Is this a good bet as I see few remarks in BHP (as well as other websites) on the road condition..
Also,please suggest me any good eateries enroute...

Is the route still very bad, especially the Tindivanam-gingee-Tiruvenamalai stretch,

Please consider that i would be returning from chennai -Mahabalipuram-pondy(2 nights stay)

Thanks a lot
Best Regards
GS
Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks