Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 08:13   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Same experience as @NFS2024 :

Chitradurga - Hospet is Good !

The 120 odd km section is 2 lane, un-divided, but with truck traffic. Road is good, except for some occasionally rough surfaces.

Problem area is from about 3-4 km South of Hospet By-pass, to NH-63 / NH-13 interchange a little north of Hospet (after the TB Dam).
the north half of this should get completed earlier than the south half.

Also, anyone passing through Hospet - Please do not take Hospet By-pass unless you are driving a 12 tonne or bigger truck and hence not allowed inside the city.

=------------------------

For those considering Hiriyur - Challakere- Bellary - Hospet: pls avoid this section.

Hiriyur - Bellary is excellent, can happily do 100, even though the road is a 2 lane, un-divided stretch,

Bellary -Hospet:
first half - BAD !
second half (towards Hospet) a little better. Just.
Avoid Hiriyur - Bellary - Hospet

Last edited by condor : 19th February 2013 at 08:15.
Old 19th February 2013, 19:11   #257
BHPian

I travel on a weekly basis to Bellary/Tornagallu due to work related reasons. I would suggest taking Bangalore-Ananthapur-Bellary route. It's faster and decent roads till Bellary ( except for 2-3 kms after entering Karnataka from Bellary. Bellary bypass to Tornagallu Is not in good condition. However Tornagallu Hampi is in ok condition.
Old 19th February 2013, 20:32   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
I travel on a weekly basis to Bellary/Tornagallu due to work related reasons. I would suggest taking Bangalore-Ananthapur-Bellary route.
The road till Ananthpur is very good, but when you take left turm there, we have to pass through 50-70 speed breakers till Toranagallu. One will become frustrated crossing these road humps. From Toranagallu to Hampi, road is in good condition.
Old 7th April 2013, 19:22   #259
BHPian

Hi , I am off again to Bellary, Daroji and Hospet.
I will take the Hiriyur route as always to Bellary .
I know, From Bellary to Kudutini its bad but I have no other option for Daroji.
From Daroji to Hospet, I would like to take the Kamalapur Road.
This is the first time, I would be taking that route. Any feedback on the Kamalapur Road ?
Old 15th June 2013, 07:53   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi Via Anathpur

Any update on this route: Ananthpur to Hampi? I prefer the Bangalore-Ananthpur compared to Bangalore-tumkur-Chitradurga, so it comes down to how acceptable Ananthpur to Hampi stretch is.
Old 15th June 2013, 10:44   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aithal303 View Post
Hello All
I went through a lot of info on the Bangalore Hyderabad road conditions. I plan to do Bangalore-Hampi-Hubli-Dandeli-Bangalore in late December. I am well versed in the routes but thought that I will take the road via Anantapur/Bellary to Hampi as I havent travelled in this route and this would also save me some 25-30 Kms. Is the 4 laning work over on the Bangalore-Anantapur section and is the road good enough? I would also like to know the Anantapur-Bellary road condition. Incidentally, I would be travelling in a Bolero.

Cheers

Harsha
I travelled this route in the return direction last Nov. I would guess that the conditions would hold now as well. Bangalore - Anantapur is excellent after BIAL. This is one of the better 4 lane stretches you'll find in the South yet. State highway from Anantapur to Bellary is very good and smooth all the way close to the AP/KA border. After the border for about 15-ish KM till you hit the Bellary - Gooty highway, the road is a bit patchy but should not pose much problems for a Bolero. From there until Bellary bypass (ring road), the road is good (a couple of speed breakers to watch out for). Bellary bypass is good all the way until you hit the Bellary - Hospet highway. Bellary - Hospet is very patchy, some very rough stretches, traffic to be watched out for especially rashly driven mining lorries. Roads are good again as you near Hospet. Overall you can make very decent time. No decent eating options between Anantapur - Bellary and between Bellary - Hospet.
Mnjdnght is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 15:26   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnjdnght View Post
State highway from Anantapur to Bellary is very good and smooth all the way close to the AP/KA border. After the border for about 15-ish KM till you hit the Bellary - Gooty highway, the road is a bit patchy but should not pose much problems for a Bolero. From there until Bellary bypass (ring road), the road is good (a couple of speed breakers to watch out for). Bellary bypass is good all the way until you hit the Bellary - Hospet highway. Bellary - Hospet is very patchy, some very rough stretches, traffic to be watched out for especially rashly driven mining lorries. Roads are good again as you near Hospet. Overall you can make very decent time. No decent eating options between Anantapur - Bellary and between Bellary - Hospet.
This is good to note about Anantpur-Bellary condition being good. It also looks like NH63 has been tarred well all the way from Hubli to Gooty. However individual bypasses in the cities are a problem. Probably that part was not under the purview of road authorities but under the jurisdiction of individual city managements.
Old 11th July 2013, 21:47   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning a trip from Bangalore to Hampi on second week of August. As per latest posts in this thread NH13 is not as bad as it used to be. Hence planning an early start (4.30 AM) from Bangalore through Chitradurga via NH4 and NH 13 to Hospet.

Stay is planned at hotel Malligi, as per them Standard Ac (1800 plus tax) and deluxe non Ac (950 plus tax) are both in old block. The cheapest room in new block is Luxury double (2800 plus tax) which i feel is not value for money since I will be there only to sleep. Does anyone know how good old block is, I am just looking for a clean bed and rest room and parking for car.
Old 11th July 2013, 22:00   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Stay is planned at hotel Malligi, as per them Standard Ac (1800 plus tax) and deluxe non Ac (950 plus tax) are both in old block. The cheapest room in new block is Luxury double (2800 plus tax) which i feel is not value for money since I will be there only to sleep. Does anyone know how good old block is, I am just looking for a clean bed and rest room and parking for car.
During my recent stay at Hampi, I stayed 2 nights at the KSRTC's Hotel Mayura Bhuvaneswari. I think it was a Delux AC room at 2200rs a night. A very good experience overall. Best of all, it is minutes away from the sites. It has a decent restaurant, with good simple food. Loads of parking space

Do take a look at it. I think there was a cheaper AC room as well.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 23:09   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Planning a trip from Bangalore to Hampi on second week of August. As per latest posts in this thread NH13 is not as bad as it used to be. Hence planning an early start (4.30 AM) from Bangalore through Chitradurga via NH4 and NH 13 to Hospet.
You may want try Blr-Anantapur-Urvakonda-Bellary-Hampi if you stay in east and north Bangalore. It's faster and less on traffic.
Old 11th July 2013, 23:38   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
You may want try Blr-Anantapur-Urvakonda-Bellary-Hampi if you stay in east and north Bangalore. It's faster and less on traffic.
I stay near Marathahalli so was thinking of taking Tumkur road, I am not sure of the condition of Bellary -Hampi route with respect to road condition so was thinking of taking Chitradurga route.
Do you feel taking the Anantapur route is worth it eventhough it is longer by around 40 kms or so, please let know.
Old 12th July 2013, 07:42   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I stay near Marathahalli so was thinking of taking Tumkur road, I am not sure of the condition of Bellary -Hampi route with respect to road condition so was thinking of taking Chitradurga route.
Do you feel taking the Anantapur route is worth it eventhough it is longer by around 40 kms or so, please let know.
I did Bangalore - Hampi last weekend.
I did the onward journey via Chitradurga and Hospet and the return through Bellary.
The roads all around in good condition. Except a small strecth near the dam while entering Hospet .
The Hampi to Bellary stretch compared to the excellent Chitradurga-Hospet and Bellary-Hiryur, has few rough patches., but not bad to slow down.
The reason I took Bellary-Hiryur was to escape the crazy truck traffic on the Chitradurga-Hospet road.
I would suggest using Bellary-Hiryur road up and down as the road is well paved and as good as the expressway and around the same distance as going to Chitradurga and cutting off.

Look out for animals ,two wheelers and speed breakers on these roads.

Regards

Regards

Last edited by tharian : 12th July 2013 at 07:57. Reason: added info
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 11:54   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Since you mentioned you will only be in the hotel room to sleep, dont waste your money staying in new block. hardly 10 months back i stayed in Malligi old block and i felt it was good. I mean it was not luxurious like star hotel but they had all basic amenities and hygiene. Beds were neat and bathrooms were super clean. what more can we ask for? they have ample space for car parking as well but due to lot of crowding of cars sometimes you dont get to park. good part is security guards and reception staff are very friendly and if the parking is full they will give you temporary parking (for instance: allowing you to park in front of their entrance). So my advice go for it

PS: when in old block, before they allocate you the room inspect the room yourself since power plug point in many rooms are non-functional and you might have to bear the inconvenience of not able to charge your mobile and gadgets. Else it is perfect in all sense
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 09:46   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
it was not luxurious like star hotel but they had all basic amenities and hygiene. Beds were neat and bathrooms were super clean. what more can we ask for?
Thanks a lot lazybrain for the updated. Actually I was just looking at the points quoted above, clean beds and bathrooms. However since rooms were getting booked out due to long weekend (my travel plan is on 9th Aug, Ramzan weekend) I had to take a call soon and did money transfer for AC Standard rooms (New block) on Saturday . Will check with them if it is possible to downgrade to old block.
Old 30th July 2013, 19:06   #270
Senior - BHPian

Moving to the right thread.
Quote:
msdivy, how is current condition there. Last week there was news of heavy rain and danger of road from Hospet - Hampi being cut off.
Also, how are the road conditions ? Iam planning of going there on 9th Aug for 2 days.
There are 2 routes from Hospet to Hampi, one via NH63 & other via Kamalapura. No problem on either of these roads. Regarding floods, Tungabhadra is flowing full. So no river crossing.

While going I took NH4 to Chitradurga, Hospet & Kamalapura. Except the crazy truck traffic between Chitradurga & Hospet, roads are excellent. (Total toll: Rs 180)
While return I came via Bellary, Gooty & NH7. This is bit longish and only reason I took this route because I had not travelled on this route before. From Bellary to Bangalore airport, there is hardly any traffic here. (Total toll: 265)
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed