Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 11:22   #676
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks, will consider same. What about tips on reputable fuel bunks?
Cant say much on that. I just went with what I found in around Toranagallu, while I was there.
Old 13th December 2017, 12:11   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, will consider same. What about tips on reputable fuel bunks?
There is one HP fuel station while entering Bellary town from Anantapur, have refilled here a couple of times.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 15:33   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Did BLR (Hebbal) to Hospet in 5 hours via Anantapur - Bellary route. Roads superb except for last 100 km where heavy construction work is ongoing, coupled with heavy truck/bus traffic. Drove in a chilled manner and used Sports mode judiciously.

Hotel staff were confident Chitradurga - Hospet route is in much worse condition. Will take Anantapur route on return as well.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 15:37   #679
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hotel staff were confident Chitradurga - Hospet route is in much worse condition. Will take Anantapur route on return as well.
That kind of evens things out between these two routes, probably Hiriyur-Challakere is still the other option but suited to day time driving.

Can you elaborate on what construction activities on this route are currently in progress for 100km ? I wasn't aware of this earlier.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 15:51   #680
Senior - BHPian

Is this the road widening work in progress on NH67? This started around 2-3 years back.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 16:11   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did BLR (Hebbal) to Hospet in 5 hours via Anantapur - Bellary route. Roads superb except for last 100 km where heavy construction work is ongoing, coupled with heavy truck/bus traffic. Drove in a chilled manner and used Sports mode judiciously.

Chitradurga - Hospet 4 laning is in progress. About 50% of it should be complete on one side. It isn't that bad and I am pretty sure it'll be better than the last 100 kms to Hospet on the Ananthpur route. You will most probably do it in about 4.50 hrs.
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 18:46   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Is this the road widening work in progress on NH67? This started around 2-3 years back.
Very same. Narrow diversion roads and lot of aggressive state buses, tipper trucks and 18 wheelers. Need to be patient else a major catastrophe can occur.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 17:11   #683
BHPian

I have done Bangalore - Chitradurga - Hospet - Ilkal trip few times this year. I can say from my last trip some 4-5 months back, the 4 lane work on chitradurga - hospet is under good progress.

Most of the places one side of the road is open and you can maintain decent speeds. yes a lot of truck and local bus traffic on this route, but considering this was 4-5 month old status, i expect the road condition to have improved drastically.

Will be doing this trip this weekend again and shall post a route update by early next week once am back in bangalore.
ant_vas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 12:24   #684
BHPian

Owing to the long weekend rush, am planning to take the B'lore - Anantpur - Bellary - Hospet to reach Hungund, slightly longer, but reading through the earlier posts and due to the long weekend traffic on the erstwhile NH4, I think route should be peaceful and faster hopefully.
My car can only do 400KM-450KM range before asking for a top up !.

I plan do leave b'lore around 1:30AM , are there any fuel station/s open near Anantpur before turning off toward bellary open around 4-4:30am ?
Also, is it safe to travel on this route at this time, I mean post turning off at Anantpur.

Any good places for breakfast near Bellary/Hospet ( with clean restrooms if possible )
Old 23rd December 2017, 00:47   #685
BHPian

Hi folks, had to travel on this route due to a family emergency yesterday.

Started from home in Banashnakri at 5.30am, reached chitradurga at 8.10am, after a quick breakfast at Ravi Mayur Kamat, we started from chitradurga at 8.30am towards hospet. The old road has gone bad as compared to the last time. The 4 lane work is progress all thru the route till hospet.

At some place both side roads are ready but they are not open yet as dividers aren't ready. You will encounter lot many diversions and speed breakers. This 135km journey will be tiring to say the least. It took me 2.30 hours to cover this stretch as i also encountered a lot of truck traffic, especially the 30ft long trucks which are used to transport cars. Over taking on the old road which has lot of potholes will be a challenge.

In the evening i left hospet around 5.30pm and reached chitradurga by 8pm.

The new road where ever is ready is super smooth and once it is completely ready travel will be super easy. Yes there will be at least 1 tollbooth on this stretch, as i saw a portion where they had wide concrete roads being laid.

How this info helps to plan your travel to this part of the state.
Old 24th December 2017, 08:58   #686
BHPian

I took the longer route yesterday to Hungund. B'lore - Bankapur turn off - Gadag - Laxmeshwar - Gajendragad - Ilkal- Hungund.

Road is not that good in parts from Gajendragad till we hit the 4 lane road to Humnabad. Patch work is going on, but will take atleast month or so.

Will take the Anantpur route for the return journey
redballons is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 14:50   #687
BHPian

Can anyone comment on best route to take from Davanagere to Hospet / Hampi? Google shows a route via Harappanahalli and Hagaribommanahalli. Its SH 25. Is this road good?
Any tips would be helpful.
Old 27th December 2017, 21:33   #688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshastry View Post
Is this road good?
I think you best bet would be to connect to Chitradurga - Hospet road using the shortest route from Davanagere.
Old 28th December 2017, 05:54   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I think you best bet would be to connect to Chitradurga - Hospet road using the shortest route from Davanagere.
Thanks. But I have a need to start from Davanagere. Do not want to backtrack to Chitradurga (60 Kms). Thats why the query about road condition in Davanagere - Harappanahalli route.
Old 28th December 2017, 06:46   #690
BHPian

Hi,
I need to travel back from Hospete to Bangalore tomorrow. I plan to leave around 6AM. I am seeing that on google maps, the route through Chitradurga says its closed (NH50). Probably a stretch which is shut due to the road expansion or repair?

Request if someone can suggest whats the best route to take which is stress free driving and good roads.. seems there are mixed opinions about both Anantapur and Chitradurga routes... If you had to pick one, which would it be?

Thanks a ton guys!

Last edited by originalamit : 28th December 2017 at 06:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks