Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2019, 09:38   #796
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16,989
Thanked: 11,128 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
There is no impact in this region, you cn have a safe trip.
Wasn't downstream of TB dam in excess water along the region causing flooding to the sites? Or is it that the situation has improved now?

Haven't read much lately about this. Hence not current.
ampere is offline  
Old 16th September 2019, 10:10   #797
Senior - BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,719
Thanked: 1,928 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Wasn't downstream of TB dam in excess water along the region causing flooding to the sites? Or is it that the situation has improved now?

Haven't read much lately about this. Hence not current.
The most recent alert was issued on August 10th, TB dam is in full glory now. Kampli bridge was submerged last month due to heavy rains in catchment area.

I don't remember any news channel reporting any incident after August 12-13th,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...467-2019-08-13

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...-opened-107009

Last edited by deehunk : 16th September 2019 at 10:27. Reason: Confirmed latest status
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 18:51   #798
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 498
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Another query of a similar nature.. We are planning a road trip from Bangalore to Hampi via Chitradurga on Oct 31st and back on Nov 3rd. Does anyone have any information about the routes to Hampi given the current rains / alerts.

There would be about three families with kids hence wanted to be sure before we start. Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Nimz is offline  
Old 5th March 2020, 20:04   #799
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 6,481
Thanked: 8,054 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Are there any places of interest around Uravakonda for a short 2 day trip ? Start early, visit places en route, stay overnight at Uravakonda and head back to Bangalore next day.
NPV is offline  
Old 3rd November 2020, 09:17   #800
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Traveled to Hampi last weekend. Chitradurga - Hosapete road is in excellent condition.
vagabond128 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:40   #801
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
Traveled to Hampi last weekend. Chitradurga - Hosapete road is in excellent condition.
I had travelled via the same route during March 1st week this year and there were a few sections where 4 laning work was still in progress. Have all those sections been completed ?
arvind_ravi01 is offline  
Old 3rd November 2020, 14:53   #802
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind_ravi01 View Post
Have all those sections been completed ?
There are only a few junctions where flyover/ underpass work is still going on. But the diversions roads are also quite well laid. Not much of an issue.

Last edited by vagabond128 : 3rd November 2020 at 14:57.
vagabond128 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 13:28   #803
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Need to drive to Ballari thi weekend. Have travelled once before in Feb and took the Anantapur route which was good. But this time, I intend to take the Hiriyur-Challakere route which I have never taken before. I know that the road until Hiriyur is the NH but am curious about the road conditions past Hiriyur all the way until Ballari. Would appreciate it if anybody gave some insights on this route
SydNaz is offline  
Old 16th November 2020, 15:43   #804
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16,989
Thanked: 11,128 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydNaz View Post
Need to drive to Ballari thi weekend. Have travelled once before in Feb and took the Anantapur route which was good. But this time, I intend to take the Hiriyur-Challakere route which I have never taken before. I know that the road until Hiriyur is the NH but am curious about the road conditions past Hiriyur all the way until Ballari. Would appreciate it if anybody gave some insights on this route
Its a belter all the way till Bellary. In fact you would love it. Some village crossing you will see humps or rumble strips. But that apart its awesome. At least thats how it was till last year. If something has changed dramatically I dont know.

But dont expect any food or decent break options.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 07:09   #805
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 658
Thanked: 825 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

https://twitter.com/deepakulli/statu...265714177?s=08

How timely! This comes on our route from Blore to Hampi, our upcoming trip in a few days. Looking fwd to it!
vharihar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:48   #806
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,529
Thanked: 2,235 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Any feedback on the Hyatt Hampi for a two day stay in Hampi? Is it a good resort in terms of cleanliness and room quality? Any feed back on the hotel , and any other pointers or things to look out for in Hampi, would be much appreciated. We are planning to stay at the Hyatt, and visiting the usual tourist places in Hampi.
arindambasu13 is offline  
Old 8th January 2021, 10:01   #807
Distinguished - BHPian
 
procrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,640
Thanked: 4,605 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any feedback on the Hyatt Hampi for a two day stay in Hampi? Is it a good resort in terms of cleanliness and room quality?
I had stayed here almost 5 years ago, plus have had friends stay here pre corona and not much has changed over the course of 5 years. Rooms are clean, food is decent but the challenge is the distance from the ruins of hampi.

If you are using points to stay here, then its fine but if you are paying money, I would suggest you look at other options like Heritage Resort or Clarks Inn.

Details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...en-empire.html (Hampi: A journey to the forgotten empire)
procrj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:14   #808
Distinguished - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,256
Thanked: 8,151 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any feedback on the Hyatt Hampi for a two day stay in Hampi? Is it a good resort in terms of cleanliness and room quality? Any feed back on the hotel , and any other pointers or things to look out for in Hampi, would be much appreciated. We are planning to stay at the Hyatt, and visiting the usual tourist places in Hampi.
Hampi is the place we visit the most and we have stayed in this hotel several times. We choose between this and "Hampi Boulders".

For the price, it is a fantastic place (esp if you have kids). Very clean with a nice swimming pool. The township campus around the hotel is also fantastic - definitely worth exploring by foot or bicycles.

This 'park (kaladham)' is right next to the hotel:
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-hampihyatt.jpeg
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:36   #809
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,529
Thanked: 2,235 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I had stayed here almost 5 years ago, plus have had friends stay here pre corona and not much has changed over the course of 5 years. Rooms are clean, food is decent but the challenge is the distance from the ruins of hampi.

If you are using points to stay here, then its fine but if you are paying money, I would suggest you look at other options like Heritage Resort or Clarks Inn.
Yes, I am aware of the 1 hour driving distance to the tourist sites, but do not mind that too much if the stay is worth it. Heritage is sold out and is also much more expensive than Hyatt. We just need a clean and comfortable place to stay for couple of nights, especially since parents would also be with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
For the price, it is a fantastic place (esp if you have kids). Very clean with a nice swimming pool. The township campus around the hotel is also fantastic - definitely worth exploring by foot or bicycles.
Thanks, happy to hear the positive feedback.

How is the current road condition from Bangalore? I have not been to Hampi before this so not aware of the road. I assume its a smooth drive till Chitradurga and then take a right on to the road leading to Hampi, correct? Is that the best route?
arindambasu13 is offline  
Old 8th January 2021, 11:09   #810
Distinguished - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,256
Thanked: 8,151 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
How is the current road condition from Bangalore? I have not been to Hampi before this so not aware of the road. I assume its a smooth drive till Chitradurga and then take a right on to the road leading to Hampi, correct? Is that the best route?
Chitradurga route will have 1 hr section of "slow remote village road" and better to drive during daytime only. This would be the preferred route.

You can also consider BLR-HYD route if you stay closer to this highway. Bellary route will have a section with lot of trucks.

You can trust Google maps, nothing confusing about both routes.

Not sure about the present status, but there is a convenient BLR-Hampi train and you can request hotel to pick you up, etc.

You also have KSRTC volvo bus to the steel factory township:
2246BNGVIN
22:46 → 05:30
Duration: 0 days 06:44 hrs
AIRAVAT CLUB CLASS
BENGALURU
VIDYANAGAR JINDAL
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks