Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 16:25   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Are the sites open on weekends, we are planning to visit Hampi on the Dussehra weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
Hello All,

I will be travelling to Hampi next weekend in my Verna. Just wanted to know a couple of things:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
We reached Bangalore from Kerala on the 19th. We are thinking of a Hampi-Badami trip this weekend, our first. Kindly help with a few queries.
Old 9th October 2021, 08:12   #857
BHPian

We have an option to stay at Vijayashree Resort in Hampi. Online reviews have been mixed, mostly on the bad side. Would like to hear personal experiences if any bhpians had been to this resort in the recent months. Thanks!
Old 16th October 2021, 17:13   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
found an oasis between Chitradurga and Hospet for breakfast, a place called Anand Vihar/Cafe. This is few Kms before Kudilgi and an ideal stop for breakfast as it comes around 3-3.5 hours from the start of your journey from Bangalore.
This is a great find @paragsachania ! We stopped by Anand Vihar based on your recommendation and were treated for a fantastic breakfast. Millet upma/pongal is a must try item!. Also one can buy the famous kardant from the organic shop which makes up for a traditional healthy energy bar

Within Hampi, we tried Green Restuarant for some tasty local kannada meals - Jolada Rotti, Kaalu Palya etc. This place is just off the Hampi Main Road in between the turnoffs to Virupaksha Temple and Vittala Temple. It has a nice rustic ambience set up amidst greenary in a farm. Lot of parking space, clean restrooms, also have a section for sit down dining. The owner is a young friendly chap, a former IT guy b'lored earlier, but wisely returned to his native for good. Their menu has all kinds of stuff which I am sure will be equally tasty going by the crowd during the lunch time. We just tried unlimited South Indian Thali with Jolada Rotti which was so good, we visited twice to have the same and we were not disappointed.

Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-img_1190.png
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-img_1191.png

While in Hampi, we also did our usual share of touristy stuff, but occasionally dared to follow gmaps to save a minute or two and ended up in interior roads, and we were rewarded with some amazing rural landscape
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-dsc_0520.png
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-dsc_0541.png
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-dsc_0542.png
Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries-dsc_0304.png

For first time visitors to Hampi like me, I must recommend reading @Samurai and @procrj earlier travelogues on Hampi for an excellent coverage of historical facts. It helped a lot in understanding the significance of the monuments, even bettering the guide's narration some times.

Last edited by mankuthimma : 16th October 2021 at 17:26.
mankuthimma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 18:09   #859
Senior - BHPian

Stayed at the Kyriad Sarvesh at Gangavathi. Good place, its relatively new. Room rates are a lot more reasonable than staying in Hospet. If you are staying here, the location is just 2-3 buildings away from the Gangavathi bus stand. Google Maps shows you the back entrance which is not open.

Virupaksha and Vijaya Vithala are almost the same distance from Hospet. Only TB Dam is a bit far away, but you do get to drive on the wide Koppal-Gangavathi state road (SH-23), which is an absolute beauty.

The only annoyance is the road connecting Gangavathi to Kamalapur has a road filled with regular speed breakers for the first 8 km (till Anegundi turnoff to be exact).

Was a good food trip too, 2 visits to Naivedyam, one to Mango Tree (near Virupaksha).
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 18:25   #860
Team-BHP Support

I drove Kudligi-Sandur onwards, and returned Toranagallu-Hospet Bypass.

I prefer the second, and wouldn't mind taking it onward way too. It's an extra 30 km but your car, your knee (if driving an MT) and your mind will thank you. Takes almost the same time too, or marginally more.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th November 2021 at 18:27.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 23:49   #861
Senior - BHPian

I am planning a weekend trip to Hampi from Bangalore. Looking for suggestions for breakfast on the way (ideally within 1-2 hrs from Hebbal. Also any recommendation for trusted fuel station/s on the way back?
Old 6th November 2021, 08:20   #862
BHPian

For breakfast on this stretch, I have used Kamat at Sira multiple times. Not sure about the fuel stations; I generally use anything which looks big (regardless of the brand).
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 09:21   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Also any recommendation for trusted fuel station/s on the way back?
A new Shell fuel station has opened on the Sira bypass, roughly about 120 kms from Bangalore. Here is the link - https://find.shell.com/in/fuel/12685...anahalli/en_IN

Last edited by kiran_aithal : 6th November 2021 at 09:23.
kiran_aithal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 09:45   #864
kvk

Great travelogue and lots of useful information for our upcoming trip to Hampi next Monday. I was last there in 2009 and am very glad to hear that there is an expressway to Hampi now! This time we have two full days there so we will try to see some of these "wild and green" sights in addition to the mainstream Hampi ones.

One question: Are there any decent breakfast places between Hebbal and Neelamangala? Thanks.
kvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 15:25   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvk View Post
One question: Are there any decent breakfast places between Hebbal and Neelamangala? Thanks.
Hebbal - Nelamangala is still within city limits considering the traffic. If you are particular about stopping for breakfast in this stretch itself, one possibility is New Agarwal Bhawan Veg Restaurant. Havent stopped here anytime, but I have seen lot of vehicles parked in front of this place. You need to enter service road to stop here.

But the recommended pit stop for breakfast for Hampi is Anand Vihar Cafe, on Hampi Expressway. It is the discovery of the forum member - @paragsachania. Just scroll up for his post and the gmap location. It comes around 3-3.5 hrs of driving, just the right time to break if you are starting early from Bangalore.

Last edited by mankuthimma : 5th December 2021 at 15:29.
mankuthimma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 20:12   #866
kvk

Thanks mankuthimma. We have a super senior citizen in our group and she needs to get breakfast relatively early, so was searching for places about 1-1.5 hrs after we depart from East Bangalore. Agarwal Bhawan sounds good and timing wise would be perfect for her. I had read about Anand Vihar but that will be too late. Thanks again!
kvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 18:17   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post
For breakfast on this stretch, I have used Kamat at Sira multiple times. Not sure about the fuel stations; I generally use anything which looks big (regardless of the brand).
On 11th Dec, I will be driving to Hampi from Whitefield (B'lore) and shortlisted Kamat Upachar Sira only for B'fast, though it will be opposite side, but should be manageable. Confirmed on the contact no., coming on Google, that they are operational.

Will you be able to comment on washrooms condition, based on your recent experience?
Old 7th December 2021, 18:34   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
On 11th Dec, I will be driving to Hampi from Whitefield (B'lore) and shortlisted Kamat Upachar Sira only for B'fast, though it will be opposite side, but should be manageable. Confirmed on the contact no., coming on Google, that they are operational.

Will you be able to comment on washrooms condition, based on your recent experience?
If it is just restrooms you are worried about then you could try a short stop at Shell petrol bunk near Sira (it is on same side from Bangalore). It has well maintained restrooms and they also have reasonably stocked snax items and cold/hot beverages. https://maps.app.goo.gl/uPgaHFUzMPxznvgw8

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th December 2021 at 18:36.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 18:43   #869
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post

I have stopped here a few times too. Most recently, I stopped here two weeks ago. The bathroom conditions are strictly average. It is passable when you have to use the bathroom, but nothing great.

If you specifically want clean bathrooms, then there is Cafe Coffee Day at Sira, just about 10km further ahead from Kamat Upachar. Here is the location of that CCD: https://goo.gl/maps/A3UrGVyHtKyVzVDC9

I usually stop at this CCD for clean bathrooms and black coffee, and only if I am in mood for some food, I stop at Kamat Upachar.
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 23:34   #870
avk
BHPian

We have planned a Christmas trip to Hampi. Stay would be at Hyatt for 3 nights.
Planning to start from Marathahalli, Blr between 6 am to 6 30 am on 24th Dec and checking out on 27th by 11 am. Considering that we would be reaching our hotel by noon, looking for suggestions to best utilize the 4-5 hrs of daylight available for the day.

Also would like to visit the Daroji bear sanctuary. When should we slot it in as we are having 2 full days at our disposal?

Would also love to know about any must visit eatouts (preferably non veg) in and around Hospet.

Most Viewed