Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2023, 09:52   #901
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
I left Bangalore at 5:30, reached Bellary at around 10:00 AM. The Road from Hiriyur to Bellary is WIP, however major chunk has been completed, there was minimal traffic on this road. This road is excellent.
Is this stretch getting 4-laned? It used to be a wide 2-lane and it used to be good. See this post of mine: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post3854048 (Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries)

Yes that was almost 8 years back!
Old 14th March 2023, 12:19   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If you plan on visiting most of the Hampi monuments, I would suggest you stay at Clarks Inn or even Royal Orchid or Malligi Hotel. [/url].
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
I do not think there are any safety concerns. Hampi is safe. However, in general, no, it is not a good idea to stay at Hyatt Place and drive back there in the dark after watching sunset from Anjanadri hills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I stayed in Royal Orchids Central in Hampi and did the Anjanandri hills on the very first day after check in. Started from hotel around 3:30 PM, it was about 50 minutes drive. Roads were excellent and very less traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
JLR has a property in Hampi, if you wish to see sloth bears along with other Hampi attractions you can consider this option.[/url]
Thank you all for your detailed replies. Really helps put things in perspective, especially the route conditions, distances and stay options.
MorePower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:34   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is this stretch getting 4-laned? It used to be a wide 2-lane and it used to be good. See this post of mine: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post3854048 (Bangalore to Hampi / Bellary : Route Queries)

Yes that was almost 8 years back!
Yes, it is being 4 laned now. They should complete most of the work in the next 6 months. This will be my preferred route, as long as I can avoid Peak Tumkur Bangalore Traffic.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 19:51   #904
BHPian

Hello guys, I will be riding from Mulbagal to Ballari tomorrow night, is the Anantapur - ballari route good to ride on?
Old 22nd November 2023, 07:22   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Hello guys, I will be riding from Mulbagal to Ballari tomorrow night, is the Anantapur - ballari route good to ride on?
The road is pretty decent and nothing to be worried about. Parts of it is four lane and part's of it is two.
Old 22nd November 2023, 08:17   #906
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Why not an early morning drive? I would prefer a day drive. Basically drive early hours till Anantpur and you time it such a way the day breaks at Anantpur.
Old 24th November 2023, 12:03   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Why not an early morning drive? I would prefer a day drive. Basically drive early hours till Anantpur and you time it such a way the day breaks at Anantpur.
Yes, was the plan - but was invited to Mulbagal for a friend's wedding reception and another's in Ballari on the next day evening.
I prefer night rides now, on highways and especially on these single lane stretches as they are empty and free of the pesky patience testing pedestrians who come out of nowhere like slow moving buffaloes on foot or pushing a bike. Can maintain a smooth 80 kmph only slowing a bit for the speedbreakers. It's also much cooler and easier on us and an afternoon sleep of couple of hours before the ride does wonders to your concentration levels. You're on level 2 ADAS minus the mental stress
Old 29th November 2023, 14:50   #908
BHPian

Plan to travel from Mysore to Hampi and would like to hear the road status. Will it be a stress free driving if i start Mysore at 9am? Please recommend best and cheap options to stay near Hampi heritage site and temples. I will be going with 4 adults and 2 kids. Appreciate your response.
Old 17th December 2023, 22:32   #909
BHPian

Planning for a trip to Hampi in December 2023 last week from Bangalore (whitefield) to Hampi and reach by 12:30 PM.
1. Any recommendations for route by car and start time?
2. Any trust worthy fuel stations along the way especially for XP95 (IOCL)/Power95 (HPCL)
3. Breakfast joints
Old 18th December 2023, 00:31   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
Planning for a trip to Hampi in December 2023 last week from Bangalore (whitefield) to Hampi and reach by 12:30 PM.
1. Any recommendations for route by car and start time?
2. Any trust worthy fuel stations along the way especially for XP95 (IOCL)/Power95 (HPCL)
3. Breakfast joints
I'd recommend Tumkur/Chitradurga route and follow gmaps. Road condition after Tumkur is quite good all the way. If you plan to reach by noon then you have to start early morning to beat Hebbal / Yeshwanthpur traffic.

I have refueled at Shell petrol bunk which also had a small mart for tea coffee /snacks and had clean washrooms. It is located on highway after you cross Sira https://maps.app.goo.gl/LxUNifmEybcefNZD6

There are some restaurants you can find before and after Tumkur. Not sure about names as we didn't make a bfast pit stop.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 12:33   #911

Re: What are the current weather conditions in Hampi

We did Bangalore-Hospet-Hampi-Anegundi-Hubbali-Varca Goa-Gokarna-Udupi-Mangalore-Bangalore in Nov 2023 in an Audi A4. This was a 1500 km round trip.

Roads throughout were nice. No issues noted.

At Hospet, we stayed at VijayShree Resorts. Highly recommended for Veg food. Ample parking place available. Rooms are clean and resort is well maintained. Local guide will help for the first timer. This was our second visit to Hampi and we did not use the Guides. Visit Anegundi only if you love history. It is a small area with 3K population and very underdeveloped. The only road connecting Hampi and Anegundi is quite desolate after sunset. So plan accordingly. All roads in Hampi are very well maintained.

Hospet to Hubli roads are excellent.

Hubli was a brief stop over to meet friends and lunch. At Goa, we stayed at Club Mahindra Varca. The resort has a private beach, large swimming pools and one can unwind well here. The Gokarna deviation road south of Goa is not very great...OK. Not excellent as the Highway.

Gokarna to Udupi roads are excellent.

At Udupi, we stayed at White Lotus. Highly recommended. Basement secure parking. Great food. Walking distance to Udupi Temple. Helpful staff.

Udupi to Mangalore, roads are excellent.

Mangalore to Bangalore: After the customary visit to Pabbas ice cream parlour, we started towards Bangalore. As usual parts of the road were very bad owing to construciton work almost till Saklespur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks