Team-BHP - Long drive in a new car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Long drive in a new car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/20021-long-drive-new-car-3.html)

Congrats on your new car.

I would suggest waiting until you get comfortable that the car is fine. Taking a new car on long drive within a couple of days would be the last thing on my mind. In general cases it may be ok, but what if every thing is not fine with the piece. It may need a few things corrected like the experiences we heard from some tata safari owners, others as well.

I suggest get comfortable with the car for at least a week (all the better if you can wait until first service or so). I generally wait even after a service is done to be sure every thing is fine with the car (even in the case of my 3 year old car).

Hi Team,

I have a question, I keep traveling between Chennai to Bangalore most of the times. and sometimes on Trichy - Chennai trips too. As of now I have only been doing this on trains.

I own a Zen Estilo(not the new one), I wanted to know is it OK to take my car for these trips too. My friends owns a WagonR, he was advising me not to take them for such trips, as he was also not taking his WagonR for these trips. I have seen lots of travelogues with the cars like Fiesta and Honda City but not much with these 1.1 ltr engine cars.

My question is is Chennai - Bangalore (365kms) and Chennai - Trichy (300 Kms) too long for cars like Zen Estilo, WagonR. Can someone provide a threshold distance meter for trips with the cars. What distance is too much for these cars, in case if I have to go non-stop.

Somebody please help please:

P.SModerators please put this thread in the correct group if this is not appropriate one.

He is just jealous ;)
If you are confident about your driving skills and is comfortable on highways, go ahead.

Keep a safe speed and don't try any high speed cornering, you will just be fine. Be careful while overtaking buses as it might require good judgment and downshifting, being a 64 bhp car.

Its perfectly cool, Zen estilo is a good car. Heck i ve done so many 1000 km trips in a day in my carburated 800 when i had it. No problem at all.

Thanks for the advise JK,
I am confident of my skills (I guess) that's not the issue, my question is more specific to this, do cars like Zen Estilo WagonR etc have a limit on distance they can go on one go.

Or is there no such limit, what can be the limit which can be said as too far a load for Estilo to handle.

I did a 400 km trip to Gujarat from Pune in my 10 year old Zen without any problem. If the vehicle and you are fit, go ahead. I did come across an idiot in his Optra, on the Pune Mumbai expressway, who tried to side-swipe me as I made him wait while overtaking another vehicle, but such oddballs are everywhere.

Xingy, I think you should take some inspiration from NC and Sam who did a Mumbai-Delhi on a Nano.

There is no limit on the distance as far as you drive sensibly.

The limits is mostly the petrol tank and how tired one gets :) Would suggest that you take short breaks if its gonna be your first time (regular breaks helps every time though).

Well i have done a Bangalore - Cochin trip in an Alto(friends) . Its very much possible. Do take breaks in between and keep a safe speed. You will be fine and good.

Waiting for your Travelogue

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1517496)
My question is is Chennai - Bangalore (365kms) and Chennai - Trichy (300 Kms) too long for cars like Zen Estilo, WagonR. Can someone provide a threshold distance meter for trips with the cars. What distance is too much for these cars, in case if I have to go non-stop.

The only problem I see is in case of an accident scenario. Bigger cars are better off than smaller ones, at least by sheer virtue of their size.

I did a Madurai -> Chennai trip on a WagonR in 8 hours, last weekend. Actually 2 of us drove the car. The owner, my friend, a newbie to the highway drove at a constant speed of 80kmph and i did a consistent 100 ~ 110 on the same car. GQ Roads are too good and the handling should be as good as any car. Its only your confidence that matters. I think one drive will clear your doubts. But keep your eyes open, start early and reach safe.

Hope this clears your apprehension.

Happy driving.

You can do these trips even with the Maruti 800.

My Wagon R does a Hyd-Chennai trip at least once a year.
650 kms.
With no breaks in between except once for refueling and toilet.

Also a good read is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ong-drive.html

Ofcourse, you can drive the Estilo on the highways. I see scores of Altos, Sparks and Wagon R's on the highways. Infact, I'm a regular on the Chennai - Bangy sector(Spark).

For all the "small car" limitations that you have in your mind, do read up at least then akroy's travel threads!! []Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community

Good luck