Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 13:06   #1
BHPian

Ahmedabad - Jabalpur - Bandhavgarh route query

Dear All,

I am visiting Bandhavgarh National Park on 12th October. I am planning to travel by road (me and my Ciaz Petrol). I will be sole driver/occupant in the car.

I am planning to leave Ahmedabad on 10th October early morning (around 5:30 AM). I am planning to take Ahmedabad-Dahod-Jhabua-Dhar-Indore-Devas-Bhopal-Vidisha-Sagar-Jabalpur-Bandhavgarh route.

I have thought of a night stay at Jabalpur (10th October night) and visiting Bhedaghat/Narmada before proceeding towards Bandhavgarh next day.

1) Is Ahmedabad-Dahod-Jhabua-Dhar-Indore-Devas-Bhopal-Vidisha-Sagar-Jabalpur doable in one day ? I would like to be on road between 5:30 AM to 9:30 PM and not intending to do late night travel.

2) Any inputs on Road condition, safety instruction (I have heard few things about Dahod-Jhabua-Dhar route hence asking), change in route or better route is welcome and much appreciated.

3) Any input on good restaurants/hotel and petrol pumps(quality) along the route is much appreciated.

4) Any other point, you would like to suggest/mention is much appreciated.

Best Regards,
~JungleRoars
Old 26th September 2018, 13:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ahmedabad-Jabalpur-Bandhavgarh road travel : Suggestions required

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroars View Post
I am visiting Bandhavgarh National Park on 12th October. I am planning to travel by road (me and my Ciaz Petrol). I will be sole driver/occupant in the car.

I am planning to leave Ahmedabad on 10th October early morning (around 5:30 AM). I am planning to take Ahmedabad-Dahod-Jhabua-Dhar-Indore-Devas-Bhopal-Vidisha-Sagar-Jabalpur-Bandhavgarh route.

I have thought of a night stay at Jabalpur (10th October night) and visiting Bhedaghat/Narmada before proceeding towards Bandhavgarh next day.
1) Is Ahmedabad-Dahod-Jhabua-Dhar-Indore-Devas-Bhopal-Vidisha-Sagar-Jabalpur doable in one day ? I would like to be on road between 5:30 AM to 9:30 PM and not intending to do late night travel.
2) Any inputs on Road condition, safety instruction (I have heard few things about Dahod-Jhabua-Dhar route hence asking), change in route or better route is welcome and much appreciated.
3) Any input on good restaurants/hotel and petrol pumps(quality) along the route is much appreciated.
4) Any other point, you would like to suggest/mention is much appreciated.
For various reasons, I had to traverse through this stretch multiple times. At one point of time, Rs. 100/- (or 500/-, dont remember) were taken away from us as we were in a traffic jam thanks to trucks colliding on machaliya ghat. 8-10 people surrounding car and demanding money. Not scaring you off, but avoiding Machaliya ghat after sunset is best bet. Last week, my uncle traveled from Dhandhuka to Indore in 9 hours (distance of 520 kms.) via Dhandhuka-Ahmedabad-Dahod-Jhabua-Dhar-Indore in first generation Wagon R. Road conditions are in general good in GJ, but be prepared for nasty patches of road on a smooth highway. Hotels are bit difficult to find post Godhra but you might find a few till Dahod. Usually I avoid taking a break anywhere between Indore and Godhra except small tea breaks. Keep extra water and some food with your like Biscuits and Wafers. My mother was diabetic, so this was a hard lesson for me.

Edit : Here is my post (Ahmedabad to Indore : Route Queries) when I visited Nagda and Dewas.
Here is another link that cements views to avoid night travel : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/64810460.cms

My aim when I depart from Indore is to reach Godhra bypass before sunset, and more often than not I manage my timelines and schedules accordingly.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 11:28   #3
BHPian

Re: Ahmedabad - Jabalpur - Bandhavgarh route query

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroars View Post
Dear All,

~JungleRoars
Ahmedabad - Jabalpur in a day will be a tough ask. Ahd-Bhopal is a 10 to 12 hr drive and then Jabalpur another 7 hrs. And that 7 hrs will be in night.

Better to halt at Bhopal . Stay in a nice hotel on the lake front and enjoy the evening.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks