Team-BHP - Bangalore(KAR)-Valparai(TN) trip advise.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore(KAR)-Valparai(TN) trip advise. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/20294-bangalore-kar-valparai-tn-trip-advise-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise (Post 664418)
What would be the average travel time from Coimbatore to Pollachi & Pollachi to Valparai sections

Read in some blogs that Pollachi to Valparai (60+kms) itself will take a good 3 hrs journey as one need to cover 40 HP bends. Can anyone pls confirm

I did Valparai to the Coimbatore bypass in slightly less than 3 hours, and I was not driving fast(ok, not usual fast).

Was looking for distance and road conditions from Bangalore to Valparai.
Planning to leave Bangalore around 4 am so that we could reach Valparai by 3pm. Is the route via Tiruppur good?

Has any one travelled in this route recently? How are the roads? How much time will it take for Coimbatore - Valparai?

@Simons & Vimala:
Even I am planning to Valaparai/Topslip. I referred to one of the threads by Rocky.
Very informative.

Accomodation:
Green Hills - 04253 – 222262
Krishna Lodge - 04253 – 222234

You can also contact estate bungalows for stay. If you are lucky, you will get.
One of them is Stanmore (HLL) one of the best stays. But, too costly.
But, you can try for other estates as well.

For normal estates, dams, view points staying in Valaparai makes sense.
However, if you want some jungle experience; I suggest please look for accomodation at Topslip(TN Side) or Parambikulam(Kerala Side).

Topslip Warden office:
Wildlife Warden Office, 178 Meenkarai Rd, in Pollachi.
Open Monday to Friday between 9 am to 5 pm. Tel: 04259 222-5356

OR

The Wildlife Warden
Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary,
178, Meenkarai Road, Pollachi - 642 001.
Tel: 04259 238360.

Refer:
Topslip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Topslip has some forest guest houses. And accommodation is provided based on quota basis. Weekends tough to get one. But, you can try your luck.
But, better to stay in Topslip rather than Valaparai. Anyday.

If stay in Topslip not possible, please try to contact Parambikulam (Kerala Side).
Official website of Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary, Kerala, India

Refer:
Karthik's (We)b-log: Two days in Top Slip
Travelogues and pictures: Top Slip - Version 2

Places of Interest:
Welome to Valparai - Online

Thanks a lot BlackStallion. Where did you stay in your trip? How was it?

The Bangalore to Valparai route is pretty straightforward.

Bangalore - Hosur - Dharmapuri - Salem - Bhavani - Tiruppur - Palladam - Pollachi - Valparai

You will not need to go to Coimbatore. Taking the Tiruppur route is the best way to reach. From Pollachi you can either go to Valparai or Topslip/Parambikulam. It is kind of a 'Y' with Pollachi being the intersection.

The roads are absolutely great. The road-widening work in Dharmapuri - Salem route is almost done, and except some small pending stretches after Salem, most of the work is completed. So, it is generally a pleasure to drive in this route.

Bangalore to Pollachi takes approximately 8 hours. Reaching Valparai from there should take another 2-3 hours. It is a scenic route with hairpin bends. On the other hand, Pollachi to Topslip should take much lesser time, as it is not a ghat route. However, the last 7-8 kms to Topslip, the roads are bad, and will take some time to cover.

Accommodation in Topslip is virtually non-existant except if you have some influential contacts in TN govt. Parambikulam, however, is one of the best wildlife sanctuaries in South India, and is definitely recommended, though it is a good deal expensive when compared to Topslip. Taking treks in either of the sanctuaries will guarantee good animal sightings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d4dpak (Post 1579434)
The Bangalore to Valparai route is pretty straightforward.

Bangalore - Hosur - Dharmapuri - Salem - Bhavani - Tiruppur - Palladam - Pollachi - Valparai

For the Bhavani Tiruppur - Palladam section does one need to go via Perindurai, Kangeyam? Or there is a direct road from Bhavani to Tiruppur? Google maps show only the Perindurai, Kangeyam - Tiruppur as a viable route.

To go from Bhavani to Tiruppur, you join NH47, and then leave it before Avinashi.
The route from Bhavani to Tiruppur goes via Perunthurai but does not touch Gangeyam, which is Perunthurai-Chennimalai-Gangeyam or Coimbatore-Palladam-Gangeyam.

Thanks. How is the Tiruppur Avinashi Pollachi section? As they are all TN SH, hopefully they should be good.

Avinashi-Tiruppur-Pollachi is normally good. However, take care to bypass Tiruppur town.

Please suggest me a better route to reach pollachi from Bangalore instead of going via coimbatore. Also please tell me the distance.

Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by rki2007 (Post 2163077)
Please suggest me a better route to reach pollachi from Bangalore instead of going via coimbatore. Also please tell me the distance.

Thanks in advance

Take Pollachi-Palladam-Tiruppur-Avinashi road. From Tiruppur, you can join NH47 beyond Avinashi by taking the Erode/Perunthurai road from Tiiruppur. Around 100 kms

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2163087)
Take Pollachi-Palladam-Tiruppur-Avinashi road. From Tiruppur, you can join NH47 beyond Avinashi by taking the Erode/Perunthurai road from Tiiruppur. Around 100 kms

In GM I see one more deviation before Avinashi (Or rather I was looking for one as Avinashi gets muddy).

This deviation happens at : Perumanallur. Any feed back on this stretch?

Perundurai, Tamil Nadu 638052 to Pollachi, Tamil Nadu 642002 - Google Maps

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2163087)

sorry sir i didnt get you. From Erode please say me the route.

I still feel the Perundurai - Kangeyam - Dharapuram - Udumalaipettai - Kottur. This would enable you to byepass both Tiruppur & Pollachi.

Perundurai, Tamil Nadu 638052 to Unknown road - Google Maps