Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2017, 12:28   #91
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
But i feel, for Bangalore - Indore, you would be better off taking the Bangalore - Satara - Ahmednagar - Kopargaon - Dhule - Indore route. Half of your journey that ways would be on the excellent Bangalore - Mumbai NH4.

You can break your journey at Pune (that would add around 200kms), or call it a day on Day-1 at Ahmednagar too. And then 2nd day you can have a dash to Indore.

That would be lot better than the Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur route. Plus road conditions on the above suggested route is much better than the Hyd-Nagpur section.
Thank you Thumping Soul...I have been doing this route twice a year...Bangalore to Lonavala, day 1 and Lonavala to Indore via Bombay, Nashik and Malegoan on the second day. Thought of taking the Hyderabad Nagpur route this time..But I think I need to take your advice seriously,
Old 27th November 2017, 09:09   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Its again the time of the year, when Central India isn't very harsh on you with the Winters kicking in. So, come 22nd December and i plan to drive down to Nagpur. And from there onto Pench for some Big Cat sightings.

The idea is to do Bangalore - Nagpur in a single day. Start early morning, approx 4am, with a lunch break around Hyderabad and then reaching Nagpur by evening.

Any updates on the current road conditions? And, is anyone else planning to do this route around the same time.
I'm planning to do this on 15th Dec, its pretty much doable in a single day. The only thing to watch out for is to cross Hingnaghat section before it gets dark as the road condition is really bad.

However am contemplating to stay overnight in Hyderabad just for the food.
rauldsouza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 10:28   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
I'm planning to do this on 15th Dec, its pretty much doable in a single day. The only thing to watch out for is to cross Hingnaghat section before it gets dark as the road condition is really bad.

The last two times i did it, it was a full day dash to Nagpur, with a lunch break in Hyderabad. But this time around, even i'm planning for a night halt in Hyderabad if i'm able to start on 22nd itself.
Old 27th November 2017, 11:51   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How bad is this Hingnaghat section and appx distance of bad roads.
@rauldsouza, would be on the same road but on 16th.
Old 28th November 2017, 07:30   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
It is really bad. You will be slowed down considerably in your 30s or 40s at best. Watch out for large crater sized potholes, some of them can even take in a car! And then there are a few unfinished flyovers too. So just be careful here. Its best done during daylight. As it gets dark it gets difficult.

The last two times i have gone to Nagpur, i had done this stretch after sundown and it was seemed so very difficult. And that too after driving the rest of the day from Bangalore till there.

But on the contrary, while returning when i covered the same stretch early morning, it was not that difficult or taxing. May be varied states of mind. But daylight makes a huge difference.
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 20:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
It is very bad,especially after dark it is going to be very difficult to do this stretch.
Old 18th December 2017, 08:14   #97
BHPian

Quote:

Hey buddy! I hope you did the trip over the weekend. So, how is the road condition? Has anything improved on the Hinganghat section? Anything to watch out for?

Regards
Saurav
Old 24th December 2017, 21:23   #98
BHPian

Update for folks taking this route!

The treacherous stretch around Hinganghat, is a thing of the past. The roadwork is on full swing. The crater like potholes on this stretch have been filled up, didn't counter even one.

Immediately after crossing the bridge over Penganga river, you move into Maharashtra and the road condition deteriorates. The bridge work is on full-swing and the old diversion still exists. After this, there are some 4-5 diversions where the bridge work is mostly done and both the carriage ways would be fully complete i believe in a year's time.

The flyover around Hinganghat is also making some progress. The best surprise was that those crater sized potholes are now thing of the past.

Overall, this stretch is much more pleasurable to drive on.
Old 8th January 2018, 09:37   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Hey buddy! I hope you did the trip over the weekend. So, how is the road condition? Has anything improved on the Hinganghat section? Anything to watch out for?

Regards
Saurav
Hey Buddy,

I indeed did, was on 3500 Km roadtrip over 3 weeks covering Hyderabad, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Goa, Karwar, Chikmangalur, Mysore and then Back to Bangalore on new year.

As you pointed out the stretch has vastly improved but still bad when compared to the road conditions in AP/TS.
rauldsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 00:32   #100
BHPian

Hi All,

I recently drove down from Jabalpur to Bangalore via Nagpur and Hyderabad. You can check my post about the road conditions here.
Old 30th April 2018, 16:37   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Drive update : Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhandara - Gondia
  • Drove last week for a family event to Gondia from Bangalore (non-stop both ways with family) and here are significant updates from the my drive.

• Bangalore - Hyderabad has remained as good; Nothing special mentioning

• Hyderabad - Adilabad has been excellent as every; One of the best tarmac to drive

• Adilabad - Pandharkawada - Hinganghat : Has improved by a huge margin that one would hardly recollect if there were bad roads at all

• The Section above is still Work-in-progress but there are '0' Potholes

• 13 Kms after Adilabad and 20 kms before the Daroda Toll Plaza is where most of the diversions are and work is in progress

• Overall condition of this particular section is all GOOD

• CAUTION : Along the work in progress section come to dead zero when passing over culverts as they are undone and has hard edges above the road surface

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhandara - Tiroda - Gondia: 1238 Kms, 16:41 Hours
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-bangalore-gondia.jpg

Gondia - Soundad - Bhandara - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore: 1298 Kms, 18:43 Hours
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-gondia-bangalore.jpg

Average speeds sector wise, Bangalore - Nagpur - Gondia:
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-20180428_214848.jpg

Average speeds sector wise, Gondia - Soundad - Nagpur - Bangalore:
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-20180428_215140.jpg

How much time from Hyderabad ORR Exit to Nagpur Bypass Entry?
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-20180428_215736.jpg

How much time from Nagpur Bypass Exit to Hyderabad ORR Entry?
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-20180428_215918.jpg

One for the good part of the road:
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-hyderabad-adilabad.jpg

How bad really is the bad part of Adilabad - Hinghanghat?
Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-adilabad-hiranghat-01.jpeg

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-adilabad-hiranghat-02.jpeg

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-adilabad-hiranghat-03.jpeg

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-adilabad-hiranghat-04.jpeg

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-adilabad-hiranghat-05.jpeg

Options to break?

Not many or rather almost nothing after Nizambad till Nagpur. So we ended up breaking for lunch at one of such Dhabas soon after the BPCL COCO attached to GHAR before this declined to serve anything but aerated drinks and butter milk!

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-lunch-break-onward.jpeg

This place was burning HOT as we dined right under the asbestos roof yet the food was served super fresh and hot like a typical Dhaba. He had a proper refrigerator and served cold water, cold drinks and Ice cream too.

Overall, not a bad place to stop if rest room is something one can manage at the fuel stations around. As always they oblize. We were a family of 5, with 2 ladies and a kid and yet we managed the show very well (well, that is exactly how my folks have nurtured, adapted and acclimatized themselves to make each road trip even more fun!

Final advise : Hyderabad Nagpur couldn't have been any better. So leave all apprehensions out regarding the condition of roads now. They have fared wonderfully well despite of the work that is still in progress but has improved at rapid pace. Your only worry should be the places you stop. If you have been super choosy, take a flight or a train as this one may not make you happy. For rest of the regulars and those who wouldn't want to try out, this wont disappoint you.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th April 2018 at 16:43.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 17:13   #102
BHPian

Very helpful report. How about the hinganghat ROB , is it complete ?
How much time did it take to reach Nagpur from Bangalore? Any speed checks on the way.
Old 30th April 2018, 18:00   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Very helpful report. How about the hinganghat ROB , is it complete ?
I don't recollect going over any Railway lines till Nagpur Bypass from Hyderabad.
Quote:
How much time did it take to reach Nagpur from Bangalore? Any speed checks on the way.
14 Hours from Home (Yelahanka) to Nagpur Bypass:

Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries-20180430_175436.jpg
  • Speeds never exceeding 120 KMPH all the times
  • Breakfast Break at Food Pyramid - 45m
  • One refueling break at BPCL COCO at Medchal - 10m
  • Lunch break - 45m
No speed checks as I started at 0415 from my home.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th April 2018 at 18:03.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 01:29   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I don't recollect going over any Railway lines till Nagpur Bypass from Hyderabad.
14 Hours from Home (Yelahanka) to Nagpur Bypass:

Attachment 1756668

Thanks for the update, Parag. Happy to hear about the improvements. Planning to drive the same route one day.

Which app is this?
Old 26th May 2018, 08:41   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Which app is this?
Not an app. These are images taken of my MapMyIndia navigator's screens showing the logs of the entire route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks