Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:00   #121
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Nagpur : Route Queries

Thats an impressive drive, Blr to Bhilai in a single day. Was this done with 1 or multiple drivers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
My close friend drove with his family a week before to Bhilai and Bilaspur in a Ciaz. He started at 0300 from Bangalore, crossed Nagpur by 1600 and was in Bhilai at 2130.

As per him, roads beyond Hyderabad remain good with only few painless diversions around TS-MH border and that is about it.
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:18   #122
BHPian

Hi Tsixty

Planning to drive from BLR - DURG in Jan 2nd week. How much time did it take you from NGP to DURG and are the roads single lane in both MH & CG ? Just trying to get a sense as I am planning to start from BLR around 3 pm with an overnight stay at Hyd and then start from Hyd by 9 am next day.

Also there used to be a horrible stretch from Telangana border upto the Hinganghat railway crossing with absolutely no road, just mud & tracks. Hope the potholes you are referring to are different ?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsixty1 View Post
I started from Bangalore on 6th Nov at 13:15 PM at Hebbal and reached Hyderabad (Taj Deccan, Banjara Hills by 9:30ish. No major stop only refuel and bio break. Kurnool only long queue at toll (may be due to State Border). All places Fastag worked smooth.

Next Day post Breakfast left HYD via city and reached Nagpur by 3:15ish. Only 2 small break, roads are good few patches work s going on.

But Nagpur as a whole is full construction zone, we stopped at Radisson Blue, missed le Meridian somehow.

Road between Nagpur to Durg was mixed back, last part was double lane but first half lots of construction and singe lane. Reached Durg around 10 in the evening.

Last edited by Freebird82 : 3rd January 2021 at 02:21. Reason: wanted to include an additional query
Old 4th January 2021, 19:44   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Hi Tsixty

Planning to drive from BLR - DURG in Jan 2nd week. How much time did it take you from NGP to DURG and are the roads single lane in both MH & CG ? Just trying to get a sense as I am planning to start from BLR around 3 pm with an overnight stay at Hyd and then start from Hyd by 9 am next day.
NGP DURG can be done within 5 hours for sure. (some says it can be done within 4 hours). The road on CG side is excellent with double lanes almost all the way. On MH side there are work going on to build more flyovers there are double lane on MH side as well. so it is not that bad.

Quote:
Also there used to be a horrible stretch from Telangana border upto the Hinganghat railway crossing with absolutely no road, just mud & tracks. Hope the potholes you are referring to are different ?
Thanks
I did not find any horrible stretch between HYD & NGP ; there are some work goin on but not much. We left HYD 8:30 in the morning and was NGP outskirts by 3:30 with 2 small stops.
Old 4th January 2021, 22:39   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also there used to be a horrible stretch from Telangana border upto the Hinganghat railway crossing with absolutely no road, just mud & tracks.
These are history, you'll be searching where this Hinganghat and Pandharkawda are

The stretch T61 is talking about below is inside Nagpur City.

Quote:
But Nagpur as a whole is full construction zone, we stopped at Radisson Blue, missed le Meridian somehow.
The stretch you are talking about is the double decker flyover between Ajni metro and airport right?. This is done and opened to traffic 3rd week of November. We travelled on the completed flyover in the last week of November. In fact the only construction we saw coming from Betul side was one on the northern end of the city. We stayed near Radisson Blu and drive through the city was almost.a breeze, except that one bridge construction mentioned above.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 20:59   #125
BHPian

Understood, very helpful. Thanks

Quote:
NGP DURG can be done within 5 hours for sure. (some says it can be done within 4 hours). The road on CG side is excellent with double lanes almost all the way. On MH side there are work going on to build more flyovers there are double lane on MH side as well. so it is not that bad.

I did not find any horrible stretch between HYD & NGP ; there are some work goin on but not much. We left HYD 8:30 in the morning and was NGP outskirts by 3:30 with 2 small stops.
Old 5th January 2021, 21:09   #126
BHPian

This is a relief to hear. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
These are history, you'll be searching where this Hinganghat and Pandharkawda are
Old 11th January 2021, 12:51   #127
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Planning a Bangalore - Chandrapur to and fro drive in last week of Feb. I have a fairly good experience of driving 12-13 hours in one day in the Bangalore-Mumbai route, so I was wondering if it is possible to do Bangalore-Chandrapur nonstop?
Also, what's the best route to take after Hyd, and what are the road conditions like?

If I do plan to take a halt overnight, what's the best place to halt given COVID?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th January 2021, 13:11   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Hi Guys,

Planning a Bangalore - Chandrapur to and fro drive in last week of Feb. I have a fairly good experience of driving 12-13 hours in one day in the Bangalore-Mumbai route, so I was wondering if it is possible to do Bangalore-Chandrapur nonstop?
Also, what's the best route to take after Hyd, and what are the road conditions like?

If I do plan to take a halt overnight, what's the best place to halt given COVID?

Thanks in advance.
Bangalore Nagpur is way easier than Bangalore Mumbai due to the difference in density and traffic pattern on both the routes.

Also, with Bangalore Nagpur, you will have very less urban areas to cross like the Kolhapur Karad Satara Pune section.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 17:19   #129
BHPian

Agree with Parag. Blr - Ngp is an easier drive compared to Blr-Mum.

I will be doing a Blr - Rpr drive on 15th Jan, still evaluating the option of Blr - Ngp on Day 1. Will update with my experience post the drive.

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Bangalore Nagpur is way easier than Bangalore Mumbai due to the difference in density and traffic pattern on both the routes.

Also, with Bangalore Nagpur, you will have very less urban areas to cross like the Kolhapur Karad Satara Pune section.
Freebird82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 15:36   #130
BHPian

Hi GT

Quick update : Did Blr - Rpr over Fri/Sat. However, got quite late in starting from Blr so had to halt in Hyd. But if the is start early enough, Blr - Chandrapur should be doable. Once Hebbal is crossed, the drive is quite comfortable both in terms of road & traffic condition. Definitely look out for unexpected, unmarked speed breakers (all along the way) in the vicinity of some of the towns and also local 2-wheeler traffic.

For context, my driving time was 7 hours from Hebbal to Hyd ORR (with total break of ~ 60 mins) and 4.15 hours from Hyd ORR to Adilabad (with total break of ~ 30 mins) where the road to Chandrapur forks.

Cant comment on other routes but NH-44 upto Adilabad is a good choice

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Freebird82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 09:44   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Hi GT

Quick update

For context, my driving time was 7 hours from Hebbal to Hyd ORR (with total break of ~ 60 mins) and 4.15 hours from Hyd ORR to Adilabad (with total break of ~ 30 mins) where the road to Chandrapur forks.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Freebird for the update. This is really helpful.
I'm planning to start on 23rd at 0400 and do the drive in one go. Your update gives me confidence in terms of road condition and driving time.
Old 20th February 2021, 19:35   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did Blr - Rpr over Fri/Sat
Since you halted at Hyderabad on Fri, I presume you managed to cover HYD-NGP-RPR in one shot on Sat? If so, how was the drive across the two sections viz. HYD-NGP and NGP-RPR?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by cool_dube : 20th February 2021 at 19:42.
Old 21st February 2021, 01:54   #133
BHPian

Hi Dube,

The drive was pretty normal. The roads in MH have improved considerably and except a few small stretches of Flyover construction (IIRC 1 between Hyd-Ngp and 3 between Ngp-Deori), the overall roads are fairly smooth. I did get a bit of local traffic post Butibori which continued uptil Bhandara. Post that it was normal Ngp-Rpr NH traffic.

Time-wise, I started from Hyd (Financial District) at 11 am and reached Bhilai at 10.30 pm (Rpr would probably take another 45 mins) including total stop time of ~ 1.5 hours. Hyd - Ngp took 7 hours total (60 mins of break) and Ngp - Bhilai took 4.5 hours (30 mins of break). For context, since I was driving alone, could manage with 3 stops for tea/snacks and once for fuel. Mostly steady driving ranging between 90-110 though there are stretches before Adilabad where maintaining higher speeds over decent time span is quite possible.

While the number of eatery options on the way has improved from before, they are still are not very frequent and the hygiene is suspect as well. Do carry sufficient munches and drinks especially if traveling with a family.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Since you halted at Hyderabad on Fri, I presume you managed to cover HYD-NGP-RPR in one shot on Sat? If so, how was the drive across the two sections viz. HYD-NGP and NGP-RPR?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Freebird82 : 21st February 2021 at 01:59. Reason: wanted to include an additional query
Freebird82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 11:11   #134
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning a trip to my home town in Jharkhand following below route:

Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Raipur - Saraipali - Sambalpur - Jharsuguda - Simdega - Ranchi - Bokaro Steel City

I have covered this route last in Feb 2020 (before pandemic lockdowns) and my experience was great except one stretch between Jharsuguda and Simdega exactly named as Kutra Road and about 50KMs beyond towards Simdega. Night halts during last year's trip are highlighted in bold letters.

Below questions are more from the viewpoint of upcoming lockdown (15-21st March 2021) in Nagpur city which coincides with my travel plan:

1. I plan to reach Nagpur on day 1 from Bangalore. This sounds doable to me because I have covered BLR-HYD more than 60 times during 2018-2020 and the least time I had taken to reach HYD was 6.5 hours.

2. However I am not sure where to halt for the night i.e. in Nagpur or before Nagpur. Safety, during the probable 2nd wave of pandemic, is the priority! Therefore I may stop 100 KMs before Nagpur too provided we get any pointer for the same.

3. Will we be allowed to travel through Nagpur (uptil Jamtha Intersection) and then towards Raipur or will this stretch be problematic due to lockdown? Not sure if there are any alternative of this stretch or not.

4. Any additional dos and donts etc would really be helpful.

Looking forward

Thanks

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th September 2023 at 17:55. Reason: Very minor typos.
Old 14th October 2021, 20:26   #135
BHPian

Friends

Bfast Options between Blr - Hyd ?
Lunch and dinner option between Hyd - NGP ?
Overnight option next to Highway near or before NGP ?

This is for my travel to Blr-Haridwar trip on next day of Diwali.
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks