Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 09:00   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
On my return trip, I plan to do Bekal > Sullia > Madikeri > CR Patna > Kunigal > Bangalore.

I see two options for Madikeri - CR Patna:

1. Madikeri > Somwarpet > Shanivarasanthe > Arakalagud > Holenarasipura > CR Patna
2. Madikeri > Kushalnagar > Ramanathpura > Arakalagud > Holenarasipura > CR Patna
Take the first one. See this: (Although its a Feb update, I think it should hold)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3051824
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 18:05   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I'm planning to go to Sullia on November 1st week. I'll wait for your feedback of this route. If its bad, I don't mind taking Hassan - Charmadi - Uppinangady - Puttur - Sullia route.
Drove down to Madikeri from Bekal via Sullia. Road conditions:

Bekal to Jalsoor: Excellent. Scenic, winding roads so average speed can't be more than 30-40. Not much traffic.
Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-img2013101500485.jpg

Jalsoor-Sullia-Sampaje: Except for minor stretches of decent road, most of it is in pretty sad condition. Speed will be limited to 20kmph.

Jalsoor-Sullia has decent road with 3-4 broken sections.
Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-img2013101500487.jpg

Sullia-Sampaje is completely damaged, no deep craters but very bumpy ride. Have not experienced any GC related issues, just a bit slow (15-20) ride with bumps and caution. There isn't much traffic, so over all it is not that bad considering that rest of the route has superb roads. Bekal to Madikeri town took me 3-3:30hrs, I actually expected 4-5hrs so maybe because of that I didn't find the journey tiring.
Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-img2013101500488.jpg

Sampaje - Madikeri: Excellent. Winding road so average speed can't be more than 40ish.
Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-img2013101500489.jpg

Last edited by androdev : 15th October 2013 at 18:10.
androdev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 18:38   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sampaje - Madikeri: Excellent. Winding road so average speed can't be more than 40ish.

How was Madikeri-CR Patna stretch? Was it the same as the Feb status on our referred post ?
Or you drove via Hunsur/Mysore ?
Old 15th October 2013, 19:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much for the updates androdev. I guess I need to stick with Charmadi plan to go to Sullia.

Quote:
Sullia-Sampaje is completely damaged, no deep craters but very bumpy ride. Have not experienced any GC related issues, just a bit slow (15-20) ride with bumps and caution. There isn't much traffic, so over all it is not that bad considering that rest of the route has superb roads. Bekal to Madikeri town took me 3-3:30hrs, I actually expected 4-5hrs so maybe because of that I didn't find the journey tiring.
Sad to see the road in this condition. The contract from Kushalnagar - Sampaje was given to one person whereas the stretch from Sampaje - Mani (NH-48) was given to another contractor. See the contrast between two .

Quote:
There was a place where the road had caved in some distance after Sampaje at a place called Koynad. I hope they have repaired it.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:39   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There was a place where the road had caved in some distance after Sampaje at a place called Koynad. I hope they have repaired it.
They have temp-patch done for this and works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How was Madikeri-CR Patna stretch? Was it the same as the Feb status on our referred post ?
Or you drove via Hunsur/Mysore ?
Route update for Madikeri > Channarayapattana > Kunigal > Bangalore

Madikeri > Somwarpet: Excellent, winding roads.
Somwarpet > Shanivarasanthe: Excellent, winding roads.

Shanivarsanthe-Arakulagud: Really bad, single lane. I thought I took a wrong road so had to confirm with the locals. Getting patched up, but still a terrible road.
Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-img2013101600499.jpg

Arakulagud-Holenarsipura: Smooth, straight but with two speadbrakers per village :-)

Holenarsipura-Channarayapattana: First 10KM includes a railway cross (which made me wait) and just uneven metal road. The rest of the road till CR Patna is good but with the usual speedbreakers.
Bangalore - Bekal Fort (Kasargod) - Kabini : Route Queries-img2013101600501.jpg
Channarayapattana-Blore: Excellent. This is the stretch I wanted to drive instead of Mysore-B'lore.

I would still prefer this route just to avoid Mysore-Blore traffic (I live in north blr)

Last edited by androdev : 16th October 2013 at 21:54.
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 12:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to go to bekal fort in december end. Can you help me with the best route, stay options and tourist attractions?
Old 1st February 2014, 19:28   #82
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Bekal next weekend. Anyone traveled recently ? Would be great if someone has any info about best route and road conditions.
Old 1st February 2014, 19:31   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
I am planning to drive to Bekal next weekend. Anyone traveled recently ? Would be great if someone has any info about best route and road conditions.
Check this post and and some more below. There are answers in parts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3351854
Old 19th February 2014, 11:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shanivarsanthe-Arakulagud: Really bad, single lane. I thought I took a wrong road so had to confirm with the locals. Getting patched up, but still a terrible road.
This stretch (Arkalgud-Shanivarsanthe) is now relaid completely and is now a beautiful road to drive. The Bangalore-Madikeri route via Channarayapatna-Shanivarsanthe-Somwarpet is now in good condition for the whole distance, although it is slightly longer than the regular Mysore-Hunsur route.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 19th February 2014 at 11:55.
addyhemmige is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 14:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
This stretch (Arkalgud-Shanivarsanthe) is now relaid completely and is now a beautiful road to drive. The Bangalore-Madikeri route via Channarayapatna-Shanivarsanthe-Somwarpet is now in good condition for the whole distance, although it is slightly longer than the regular Mysore-Hunsur route.
Good to hear that Shanivarasante - Mallipatna - Arakalgud is completed. I should have asked you the update last week itself. I had some work at Kodlipete last weekend hence took straight at Mallipatna and the road is average until Kodlipete. Next time will take left at Mallipatna to reach Kodlipete.

I also noticed that Shanivarasante - Kodlipete is completely relaid. I'm wondering if they have relaid further towards Shukravarasante - Sakaleshpur.

Meanwhile work has slowly started between Sullia - Sampaje from Sullia side. I hope they complete the work before monsoon sets in else it'll be a royal mess this monsoon.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 19th February 2014 at 14:52.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 14:43   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
Hi Perseus - can you share the route and feedback on the same? Planning to drive down in may

Quote:
Any reason why most people prefer the Arkalgud > Shanivarsanthe > Subramanya > Sullia > Bekal route over the Mysore > Hunsur > Madikeri > Sullia > Bekal route?
I had driven down to Hunsur in feb during the Bangalore meet and the roads were good till Periyapatna, where we deviated from SH88. Are the roads from Periyapatna to Madikeri very bad?
Thinking of driving down to Bekal in May. Any inputs on recent road conditions will be great
Old 1st April 2014, 11:21   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Any reason why most people prefer the Arkalgud > Shanivarsanthe > Subramanya > Sullia > Bekal route over the Mysore > Hunsur > Madikeri > Sullia > Bekal route?
I had driven down to Hunsur in feb during the Bangalore meet and the roads were good till Periyapatna, where we deviated from SH88. Are the roads from Periyapatna to Madikeri very bad?
Thinking of driving down to Bekal in May. Any inputs on recent road conditions will be great
No particular reason @procrj. This is just an alternative route to the usual Mysore-Hunsur-Madikeri road. Especially on weekends, the regular route becomes very very crowded and hence the alternate route which is more or less traffic free almost upto Channarayapatna and after that a 'hump' free tolled road to Bangalore. This route is longer than the regular route.

The roads are beautiful all the way to Madikeri in both the Hunsur-Periyapatna-Kushalnagar and CR Patna-Somwarpet routes. However, I am not sure about the conditions after Madikeri to Sullia and thereon.

Btw, I did not Shanivarasanthe-Subramanya-Sullia-Bekal route anywhere. This route passes through the infamous Bisle ghat, where roads are in very bad condition. If you want to pass through Subramanya, the best option would be through NH 75 (old NH 48) via Hassan-Sakleshpur-Shiradi ghat-Gundya-Subramanya. This route has good roads all the way to Subramanya.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 11:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The best route to Bekal now is Bangalore - Hassan - Sakleshpur - Gundya - Kukke - Jalsur - Cherkala - Bekal. Excellent roads all the way upto Bekal. Please refer this thread

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 1st April 2014 at 11:34.
guyfrmblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 11:44   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The roads are beautiful all the way to Madikeri in both the Hunsur-Periyapatna-Kushalnagar and CR Patna-Somwarpet routes. However, I am not sure about the conditions after Madikeri to Sullia and thereon.
Quote:
The best route to Bekal now is Bangalore - Hassan - Sakleshpur - Gundya - Kukke - Jalsur - Cherkala - Bekal. Excellent roads all the way upto Bekal. Please refer this thread
Thanks addyhemmige & guyfrmblr. Thinking of staying @ Mangalore/Udupi and then drive down to Bekal. Hence will take Bangalore - Hassan - Sakleshpur - Gundya - Mangalore
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 21:33   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks addyhemmige & guyfrmblr. Thinking of staying @ Mangalore/Udupi and then drive down to Bekal. Hence will take Bangalore - Hassan - Sakleshpur - Gundya - Mangalore
If you want to splurge, there is a Taj in Bekal. You may want to check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks