Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2019, 10:40   #1
BANNED

Route query: Trivandrum to Masinagudi on motorcycle at night

Hey guys,

I have an event planned for next month on a weekend and I hope to reach there on Saturday morning, my plan was to start riding by Friday evening and reach during the early hours of Saturday.

I understand that Ooty is out of the option as roads would be closed down and would only be opened by 06:30.

Currently Google shows the Nadugani route, please share your thoughts regarding the same.

Route query: Trivandrum to Masinagudi on motorcycle at night-screenshot_20190719103142_maps.jpg

Thanks and Regards,
A.P.
Old 19th July 2019, 13:52   #2
BHPian

re: Route query: Trivandrum to Masinagudi on motorcycle at night

Aswin,
You may not be permitted to dirve through mudumalai from Gudalur in the night. It is better you confirm that.
Suresh
Suresh Stephen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 09:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Hey guys,

Currently Google shows the Nadugani route, please share your thoughts regarding the same.
Also under the current situation don't know whether it is safe to drive through wildlife sanctuary in the night, that too on a two-wheeler.

Remember the tiger chasing incident in Nagarhole.

It would be better to reach Ooty by early morning and then proceed at 6.30AM. You can reach there within an hour.

Last edited by Vasuki : 20th July 2019 at 09:23.
Vasuki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 14:57   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suresh Stephen View Post
Aswin,
You may not be permitted to dirve through mudumalai from Gudalur in the night. It is better you confirm that.
Suresh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Also under the current situation don't know whether it is safe to drive through wildlife sanctuary in the night, that too on a two-wheeler.

Remember the tiger chasing incident in Nagarhole.

It would be better to reach Ooty by early morning and then proceed at 6.30AM. You can reach there within an hour.
Thanks guys.

So I believe my only safe option would be to reach Ooty by 6.30 and the proceed to Masinagudi.

So I guess starting by Friday evening 6PM would get the job done covering the distance at the safest pace possible.

Just hoping the rains would settle down a bit by next month, currently the rains have become harsher than before as even with rain wear it's hard to maintain highway speeds even on the 100.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 20th July 2019 at 14:59.
Old 22nd July 2019, 08:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Route query: Trivandrum to Masinagudi on motorcycle at night

Small tip from my side, Ashwin . Even in my car, I prefer not to drive on highways at night. In fact, in the night driving article, I started off by saying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
if you have a choice, always pick daytime driving over the night. There isn't a doubt that travelling during the day is a far safer option, especially in India. Plus, after driving all night, it’s not like you are going to have much of a productive day anyway.
Club that with the monsoons & I definitely wouldn't hit the highway at night, even in an S-Class. On a motorcycle, it should be out of the question.

Please ride during the day . Be safe, bud!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 23:53   #6
BANNED

Re: Route query: Trivandrum to Masinagudi on motorcycle at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Small tip from my side, Ashwin . Even in my car, I prefer not to drive on highways at night. In fact, in the night driving article, I started off by saying:

Club that with the monsoons & I definitely wouldn't hit the highway at night, even in an S-Class. On a motorcycle, it should be out of the question.

Please ride during the day . Be safe, bud!
Fortunately the family put their respective feet down and I had to stay back.

Coming to think of it I believe its for the best, no point risking it.

Thanks Again!
A.P.

Most Viewed