Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2007, 14:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post

Exactly, sorry for spell error. But if one stays at the wellingdon gymkhana, you beat the crowd and the place is heaven, away from the main town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankaranand View Post
Thanks folks,

Nature nirvana looks good..rjstyle, have you stayed there?.. How was the exerience?

Any other places to stay near kudremukh/kemmangundi?

Coonoor also looks interesting.. Will decide in couple of days.

Thanks
Shankar
coonoor is 20kms before ooty. if you want to avoid ooty, why coonoor then ?
Old 8th March 2007, 14:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Go to Vagamon. Its beautiful, uncluttered and very untouristy.
Old 8th March 2007, 15:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
@shankaranand, have stayed there and yes pretty good,this was quite sometime back. You have another alternative , try this place also

Havent stayed at the 2nd place though. Nature Nirvana is a real good and yes you would have to compromise on the roads to get there.If you ok with life is back to basics head there and you can forget civilized life and traffic signals for the next few days.
Just ask the resort chaps some good places you can visit and am sure they will tell you.If you in for venturing out all by yourself its gonna be real fun.Am posting some pics,

[/b]Once again depends on your comfort level and what kind of stay you are looking for. So decide what suits you best.
Happy tripping !!
Pics look beautiful. They made me almost make up my mind

Still, I welcome other suggestions as we plan for lot of travel this summer.. Thanks for your inputs folks.

Esteem_Lover,
I know Coonoor is near Ooty, We didnot go there when we visited Ooty. I am keeping my options open
Old 17th April 2007, 08:40   #19

Hi aithal,

Plz provide driving directions frm b'lore to kemmanagundi. Also any contact details of government guest houses there?
Old 17th April 2007, 19:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

for Kemmangundi, you've to take the bangalore hassan mangalore highway(NH 48) then take diversion towards chikmagalur from Hassan. .from chikmagalore you've to go towards Lingadahalli, on chikmagalur Tarikere road..You'll see a small Sign board saying Kemmangundi..don't miss it.. you'll have to take left there and follow the route.. it'll lead you to Kemmanagundi..
The only, the only place to stay there is the horticulture deptt Guest house. .Make ur bookings in advance at Horticulture deptt office in Lalbagh,Bangalore... Stay at the Rajbhavan that's the best place to stay..
And don't miss hebbe falls and Z point..
most of the road is in good condition except after the turn towards Kemmangundi..
Alternate road then Tarikere is the road via Baba-Budangiri.. scenic road but bad in patches.. We've taken that route while returning..
As of now it'll be bit dry. .But once after the rains the place turns magical with lotta greenary..
Old 17th April 2007, 21:03   #21
BANNED

I would suggest Kabini jungle resorts and Tea estates at ShekalMudi near VaalPaarai. Read the Rumble in the jungle thread in team-bhp meets section for more about the latter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks