Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2004, 11:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

same here...NH17 and Mumbai Pune Expressway
Old 22nd April 2004, 07:29   #17
zen
BHPian

I've only been on the expressway and the mumbai - ahmedabad highway (NH 8?) (before it was completely 4-laned). That seemed to be a pretty good road!

I prefer having to do something with my hands when i'm driving so the expressway gets a thumbs down from me except for the portion around khandala where its a little twisty.

Palm beach is where i get my once in a blue moon thrill nowadays albeit on 2 wheels and ya, its a tad under 10 kms. The roads all over new bombay, especially kharghar are awesome.. 3 lanes and completely deserted.

Old 22nd April 2004, 14:11   #18
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Well it certainly isn't the expressway for me...it gets very boring after sometime although i do jump at every opportunity of gng on that road but that doesn't change the fact that it gets boring..also the surface has become rather bumpy now..
I haven't been on NH-17 though i'd been to goa in feb but wasn't allowed to take the car...so volvo it was that too at night..so couldn't see much of the road...but every1 whom i've asked/met abt the highway absolutely swears by it !
Also another good stretch is the WE highway going towards silvassa...had been on it 2yrs back...perfectly tarred roads with little twists..gr8 gr8 fun! dont know how it is now..
Palmbeach as usual fantastic road..thts the road that takes me to my college pity though i cant take the car to college very often..infact once in 2-3months

M3
Old 22nd April 2004, 16:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ April 20 2004,16:49)]NH17!!! Without any doubt. The drive from Bombay to Goa is to die for, its totally isolated and I make sure I leave Bombay at 3 a.m. latest, to beat whatever scarse traffic there exists on this stretch. The long never ending straights, perfectly curved right and left handers, decent amount of ghat sections and the scenery all around...boy Indian roads really dont get much better than this. The best part about the Mumbai-Goa is the absolute lack of traffic, and if you are lucky enough to leave on an unpopular day, you will end up seeing barely a truck or a bus every 20 minutes. Taking pit-stops every three hours at the dhabas for their delicious masala tea, having some good sound and company while pushing the car on the straights and corners alike is really something else. I have NEVER EVER taken any mode of transportation to Goa, beside the one that involves me behind the wheel!

But the best part of this drive is knowing what lies at your destination - GOA!! Beaches, beer and bikinis!

The Bombay-Pune expressway is also right up there for me, since I love top-speed testing of my cars and very few things get the adrenalin going more, than driving at 200+ km/h. I was in a state of sheer ecstacy as I was working the C Class through the gears between 140 to 210 km/hr last Sunday. Its truly the fastest and safest road that India has ever seen thus far. *

GTO
GTO,

so how about having our very own team-bhp " drive out " on this very road some time in june depending on the availability of other team-bhpians ??

swear can't wait for this event ....what say guys ?

we can surely discuss this during our next meet ..btw when is it ?

cheers

~A
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:19   #20
BANNED

ya ya do that..come by udupi too..... we can meet up that way...and ya i have a surprise for u all....lexus harrier ..in flesh and blood !
Old 23rd April 2004, 01:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

I'll meet you guys at Ankola. heheh

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 23rd April 2004, 04:42   #22
BANNED

surprising no one has voted for the l&t highway at coimbatore. i htink thats a hot one . only problem is that there r many toll booths ...they should have some sort of electronic toll thingy there..

hey one tip ...whenever u get the slip always place it outside u r drivers windows and raise the glass up so that the other end of the slip is outsude, in that way when u reach the toll boot hu dont have to lower ur glass and the temp inside the car remails cool.....!!!! howzat @@
Old 23rd April 2004, 12:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ April 22 2004,23:49)]ya ya do that..come by udupi too..... we can meet up that way...and ya i have a surprise for u all....lexus harrier ..in flesh and blood !
what ? u acquired a lexus harrier offlate

dude, is it the RX 330 ?

come on pls send us the pics and intial reports on this scorcher ...can't wait...

~A
Old 23rd April 2004, 12:14   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

isnt it a Toyota Harrier or a Lexus RX300/330??
Anyways its a good car. I dont like it somehow.
Old 6th May 2004, 22:55   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ April 20 2004,07:35)]so which is it...the road on which u can just cruise and just forget abt the rest of the world.....the road that makes owning that car u have apleasure ...
go ahead....india is truly shining...!

by the way i say mumbai pune expressway
u ll guys have to go to the ahmedabad highway
u ll wil forget the express way dudes
regards
kunal
team FS
Old 7th May 2004, 00:05   #26
BHPian

for me it has to be the route from mangalore to goa......awesome scenery + beautiful road = motoring nirvana. the chennai-mahabalipuram EastCoast road is also superb.
Old 7th May 2004, 12:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Guys think abt Ahmedabad-Baroda tis sweet too!
Old 7th May 2004, 13:23   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (manticore @ May 06 2004,22:35)]for me it has to be the route from mangalore to goa......awesome scenery + beautiful road = motoring nirvana.
manti,
what u r referring here is nothing but NH17 about which we've already discussed on this thread at length.

~A
Old 7th May 2004, 15:17   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ April 23 2004,03:12)]surprising no one has voted for the l&t highway at coimbatore. i htink thats a hot one . only problem is that there r many toll booths ...they should have some sort of electronic toll thingy there..
i recently had the chance to drive on this highway during my trip to Coimbatore.

Great surface, but its just a straight road. No enjoyment at all. And those toll booths r crazy, one every 5 km or something!
Old 7th May 2004, 17:03   #30
BHPian

adityapd,
i know we did discuss the NH17, but i thot i'd just mention the roads i liked. cya.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks