Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 17:36   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
I like using my Poloroid anti-glare sunglasses at night. They are pretty darn good. I am yet to come across any headlights that have hurt my eyes, through these glasses.

I tried my Raybans for a highway trip on Aug 15 during a night drive. This works like a charm - the only essential thing being the white road markings(side and middle) to ensure that you stay in your lane. You will still have to watch out for the driver from the opposite direction coming in the wrong lane

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th January 2012 at 18:59. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 15th January 2012, 17:37   #62
BHPian

Re: Night driving on single lane highways

reviving this old thread. Just came across Driving Goggles / Glasses.Night Drive.Unisex.206. | eBay

Any idea, how good or bad are these?
Old 22nd April 2012, 16:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I am more comfortable driving at night with clear lenses with antiglare coating, and power-lensed sunglasses on very sunny days.
I second SS-Traveller. I wear spectacles (with power) and that has an anti-glare coating (can see a blue tint if one tilts the lens) and I must say it is pretty effective against glares. I realised this when all my friends complained while driving on highway (and they don't wear spectacles), whereas when I drove I didn't find the glare from oncoming traffic as disturbing as my friends found. Then I realised it could be due to the anti-glare coating which I had got done as working on computers for extended duration in office can be quite taxing on the eyes. I don't think the anti-glare coating was very expensive - it was around 200-300 per lens (not too sure) - I would say it is definitely worth it for those who wear spectacles and I would even suggest those who have 6/6 vision to give non/zero-powered lenses with anti-glare coating a try if glare from oncoming traffic is that discomforting an issue.
Old 22nd April 2012, 22:29   #64
Team-BHP Support

As far as I know, polarization cannot be achieved on fully transparent glasses. There has to be some amount of tint if it is indeed a polarized glass. The best that one can do for this is to choose some lighter color shade when buying Polaroid glasses for night driving.

And contrary to what windshield film firms say, I am inclined to believe that they are just there to reject heat, nothing else. I have driven vehicles with the front sun film on and the glaring effect is still very much visible. Polaroid glasses help a lot, but again, if your windows are also tinted, overall vision gets a little too dark at night.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd April 2012 at 22:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed