Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2020, 11:18   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Friends,

Those who are planning to enter KA after saturday 8 pm or on Sundays till Monday Morning 5 am, PLEASE AVOID TRAVELING.
Given that there is a 33 hour lockdown in Bangalore on all sundays (saturday evening to Monday morning), no passenger vehicles are allowed to enter Bangalore even if you have a valid ePass registered in Seva sindhu portal.

Based on my previous update, as planned my friend started from Madras yesterday Sunday 5th July morning and reached Attibelle around 12 noon. It was a complete lockdown in TN and also in KA. No vehicles were on the road. However, KA police in Attibelle checkpost didn't allow ANY passenger vehicle/cars/2W to enter Bangalore despite the fact that they have valid ePass issued for 5th July. They didn't give any valid reason and were not in listening mode. Several people affected people who traveled long distance from Kerala, few cars with pregnant ladies and kids, but no one was allowed. Those who argued were hit with lathis.
So my friend along with family and kids drove back to Madras again back to back . Fuel stations were also not open, so cannot refill fuel for smaller cars. My friend had XUV, so he managed up and down 700 kms with single tank. For petrol cars or cars with smaller tank capacity, it will be a big problem to get stranded on highway.

So those are planning to enter KA from next weekend onwards, PLEASE AVOID. Recommended to Travel and enter KA between Monday to Saturday evening only.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 6th July 2020 at 11:20.
ravib is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 11:57   #137
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Those who are planning to enter KA after saturday 8 pm or on Sundays till Monday Morning 5 am, PLEASE AVOID TRAVELING.
So those are planning to enter KA from next weekend onwards, PLEASE AVOID. Recommended to Travel and enter KA between Monday to Saturday evening only.
Actually, I would advise to avoid travel completely unless it's an emergency. If one is safe whereever they are currently, do not travel inter city/inter state.
Just yesterday I heard about a case of someone testing positive for COVID after they returned from a family gathering in Chennai. Stay safe folks!
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 15:56   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek.vnit View Post
I had a Seva Sindhu pass from Karnataka, but it wasn't looked at anywhere.
I was stopped while entering Andhra Pradesh at the border, and was asked to show my Aadhaar card (to check if address is within Andhra I guess), but was allowed to pass thorough without any further hurdles
The address on your Aadhar had BLR or Nagpur address? When do u plan to come back and did you apply on Seva Sindhu for the return also?
Old 6th July 2020, 18:14   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshsm12 View Post
The address on your Aadhar had BLR or Nagpur address? When do u plan to come back and did you apply on Seva Sindhu for the return also?
My Aadhar mentions my Nagpur address. Looking at the rate at which the covid-19 situation is evolving, I'm not sure when I will return, but likely after September.

For now, I just applied one way on Seva Sindhu portal for a 1 way travel. Its counter intuitive, because the website asks only people who need Govt. assistance to apply, but at the same time, Maharashtra rules say (although not implemented in my experience) that I need a pass from the state of origin.
Old 7th July 2020, 00:37   #140
BHPian

ANY AND ALL ADVICE REQUIRED

Mumbai to Ooty:

Me, Wife :40s, Two kids 2 and 6.

Route: Bombay Kohlapur Belgaum Layover in Dandeli (Friends)
Dandeli Shimoga Mysore Ooty Coonoor.

E Passes for Which States?
Cross Borders at what time?
Covid Tests Where?

Ideal license plate for vehicle? Better to take my Grand I-10, Diesel, Good condition, or rent a self drive SUV?

Straight drive?

Any and all advice on all questions above please.

Also if anyone has done MH - KA - TN or any of those, please DM me.

Last edited by Jehan-Sam : 7th July 2020 at 00:40. Reason: noticability
Old 7th July 2020, 12:21   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehan-Sam View Post
ANY AND ALL ADVICE REQUIRED

Mumbai to Ooty:
Ooty and all other tourist spots are closed due to Covid-19. AFAIK Only residents of that district are permitted. Outsiders are NOT permitted.

If you are planning for any vacation to Ooty (i am assuming here), you can drop the plan. If you are native from Ooty/Nilgiris then you can give an attempt to get ePass.

-Ravi
Old 8th July 2020, 17:21   #142
Senior - BHPian

Need some input on this query.

There is a requirement to drive to Chennai to pick my mother in law and return the same day. I am planning to do it the same day and leave quite early in the morning so I can return before dusk.

Is there any sort of permit to enter TN? I read about the epass (seva sindhu) for KA and will be applying for it after I get some clarity on other stuff.

What are the documents I need to carry for my MIL and myself and is there any pass that she needs to apply for to enter KA apart from the Seva Sindhu?

I am thinking of taking the Hoskote-Kolar route and not the Krishnagiri one as it works out shorter for me.

Apologies for any obvious answers as I haven't been following the route threads.
Old 9th July 2020, 12:22   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Need some input on this query.

There is a requirement to drive to Chennai to pick my mother in law and return the same day. I am planning to do it the same day and leave quite early in the morning so I can return before dusk.
I planned the same way and tried initially to bring my parents from Madras, but that didn't work out. You would need TN ePass to enter Tamil Nadu and will have to go through 14 Quarantine there, so same day return is not possible. Secondly, even if you try transit pass (which i tried), it will be rejected because your origin and destination address is same in Bangalore. So its not a workable plan in current situation.

So best is for your MIL to take Taxi (with known/reliable taxi driver) and come one way to KA till your home or you can pick her up in Attibelle like i did. Please refer my 4th July post. This worked out well compared to all other options.

For your MIL, you need to apply for TN ePass for her to exit Chennai with required address proof (aadhar or similar docs) to be uploaded in the portal. Please note that TN ePass should be with exact car number in which she will be travelling. Pass will be issued as TN-KA with that car number and must be stuck in car windshield. Taxi driver don't need passes as they can return back with the pass you are getting for your MIL after dropping her in Bangalore. Carry another copy of TN ePass in hand to travel from Madras to Attibelle and also show it as a proof in Bangalore.

Likewise to enter KA, you need to register in Seva Sindhu portal and get KA ePass with aadhar/address proof (which can be yours as it is a destination). Please carry 2 copies as you need to give one copy in Attibelle checkpost and keep the other one to travel inside Bangalore city.

Don't consider Hoskote-Kolar route as you will end up applying for another pass for AP with more documentation. So don't see the extra 30 to 40 kms in Krishnagiri route.

HTH

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 9th July 2020 at 12:28.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 11:16   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek.vnit View Post
My Aadhar mentions my Nagpur address.
Travelled to HYD from BLR yesterday based on the SevaSindhu passes from KA. Upon reaching the AP border, we were asked to show Aadhar card with address of HYD by the police (the passengers travelling should have destination address proof) but as we had our BLR address we were not allowed. After lot of time and discussion they allowed to travel (I had return pass via Raichur for Saturday).

No checks done at the Telangana border and reached HYD without any further hassles. No breaks taken at all during the entire journey except the stop at AP border.

Start of journey: 5.15am
Finish of journey: 2pm
Total drive time: 8 hours (as it was raining most of the time)
Total cost of journey: Rs. 500/- (other than toll)

Last edited by maheshsm12 : 10th July 2020 at 11:41. Reason: grammatical
maheshsm12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 11:42   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I planned the same way and tried initially to bring my parents from Madras, but that didn't work out. You would need TN ePass to enter Tamil Nadu and will have to go through 14 Quarantine there, so same day return is not possible.
-Ravi
If you return the same day, then they are not bothered about the 14 day quarantine period. But you will have to undergo 14 day quarantine once you return to Bangalore.
Old 11th July 2020, 18:19   #146
Ice
BHPian

Bangalore to Nagpur (urgent)

There has been a bereavement in Nagpur, and I need to drive there to be with family urgently. Can anyone on this forum advice me on the best way to get there from Bangalore by road, and the legalities and best practices I need to keep in mind for inter-state road travel during these times? Thank you.
Old 11th July 2020, 21:49   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Nagpur (urgent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
There has been a bereavement in Nagpur, and I need to drive there to be with family urgently. Can anyone on this forum advice me on the best way to get there from Bangalore by road, and the legalities and best practices I need to keep in mind for inter-state road travel during these times? Thank you.
The below post may help you,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4838346 (Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions)
Old 12th July 2020, 12:50   #148
BHPian

I recently covered the Beautiful route of Delhi to Mumbai. It was a to and fro trip and I was in Mumbai just for one night.

The route taken was

Delhi-Jaipur-Ajmer bypass-Beawar-Udaipur-Vadodra-Surat-Mumbai

And while returning I took the Ahmedabad Palanpur Abu Road Route.

The purpose of taking different routes was to check the road conditions of the two routes and the checking process, if it was any different, on these two routes.

First talking about road conditions.

Traffic conditions on both the routes was minimal and limited to commercial trucks. Private vehicles were a rare sight. Udaipur route is in top notch condition and a better Drive as compared to the Ahmedabad route. The only patch under construction was 20 km post Udaipur where road widening is happening.Talking about the Ahmedabad route, it has multiple road widening works and repairs going on slowing the pace down considerably. Both routes however are very scenic and as it was my first time driving past Ahmedabad I was pleasantly surprised.

Now coming to the Point of LOCKDOWN TRAVEL.

Post 1st July the effects of UNLOCK 2.0 are visible specially on this particular highway. I was aware about the E PASS situation till Gujarat, hence didn't get any E Pass for the three states i.e Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujarat. As i was uncertain about Mumbai and Maharashtra I got myself a one day travel pass.

To my surprise we were not stopped even one single time on either of the routes. it was a very smooth and hassle free drive. No checks regarding E Pass and when, at Maharashtra check-post, I asked the concerned person about the E Pass requirements he said post 1st July its not needed.

Also he confirmed that there is no curfew on any National or State Highways, That said all the Lockdown post 10 PM till 5 AM in the city limits has to be followed.

So my personal experience, as of 7th July 2020, is that the borders are open no issues what so ever and one can easily ply on the route if needed.

Also remember the normal Border check-posts at Gujarat checking for alcohol are still there. But they didn't stop us or asked us anything regarding where are you going or why.

I also Vlogged my whole trip on my channel so if interested you all can see that too.

kushgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 17:52   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
If you return the same day, then they are not bothered about the 14 day quarantine period. But you will have to undergo 14 day quarantine once you return to Bangalore.
The problem is getting same day return pass. There is no straight option and my personal experience is they rejected it when we applied for transit pass. Since the only other option is to get regular TN entry ePass, that requires 14 days quarantine as a norm. I am not sure if they stamp in hand in Hosur entry to TN, like they do in Attibelle. And if so, how they do it for same day return pass, because people can fool it by staying longer. There is some element of confusion and lack of clarity.

Agree with you, that while returning back to Bangalore, eitherway 14 day HQ is needed.

-Ravi
Old 12th July 2020, 20:44   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is getting same day return pass.

-Ravi
Yes, there is no option for same day return pass. But people are using the onward journey pass itself and at check posts they are not worried if the return is on the same day. For KA entry you can use the KA registered pass. I know atleast two of them who drove down like this and returned on the same day.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks