Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 16:05   #496
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

I recently covered Bangalore to Delhi route via Hyderabad, Nagpur and Orchha..

Below is a brief log of my journey :

Day 1: started at 7 am from ecity. Had some buns packed and that helped us to stay filled during the trip to Hyderabad. Had a small pit stop at cafe coffee day for the shot of caffeine. Reached Hyderabad at around 5.30pm and checked in at holiday inn express, Hi Tech City. We booked this place as half boarded so our dinner and breakfast was included. Distance travelled 586kms. Route is kind of scenic.

Day 2: After having ourselves filled with heavy breakfast left the hotel at around 9am. Hotel guys were too sweet to help us pack some sandwiches for our way, made out of loaf of bread we were carrying. Reached Nagpur at around 5.30pm again. Checked in to the hotel called "the legend inn". Decent hotel. Do not expect a lot. Distance travelled - 494kms. A bit of scenic route till Adilabad.

Day 3: Left Nagpur at 7.30am with just a cup of coffee and couple of toasts in our stomach. Hotel guys were again kind enough to pack sandwiches for our journey. We had to travel the most on this day and covered around 626kms to our destination of the day Orchha. This is the most scenic route. The most enjoyable route which we never expected. The roads were awesome. We reached our hotel at around 6pm- Bundelkhand riverside - heritage property. This is by far one of the best property we stayed in. The best part about the same is that it was adjacent to the river betwaa and one can hear the river flowing through from the room itself. This is the best place to stay in orchha and a must visit. Food was amazing too here. You will be treated with utmost royalty here.

Day 4: We went out to explore early sun rise and the scenic beauty of the river betwaa. This place was like the picture perfect. With heavy heart and heavy stomach left orchha and our beautiful stay at around 11.30am and reached Gwalior by around 2pm. Wanted to checkout the Gwalior fort but couldn’t as we were getting late and the way to the fort was quite busy. Then we reached Agra by around 5.30pm and had our lunch / snacks at Pizza Hut. The route to Agra was extremely busy and bad due to traffic and chaos. Post Agra we entered Taj expressway and headed to our home , Delhi. Reached home by 9pm.

No Checking or stoppage at all.. Police just glanced through the car at the interstate barricades and that was it..
Mickey1986 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:03   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
TN is still insisting on ePass. Travelled from Chittoor to Chennai today and was asked to present the ePass while entering TN at Serkadu checkpost. People with out ePass where asked to apply pass online immediately and enter.
I entered TN yesterday from Hosur side via Zuzuvadi at around 11AM. There was no one to stop or check the vehicles at the check-post. I had the valid epass pasted on the windshield as a precaution.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 14:07   #498

Making up my mind to drive Bengaluru (04:00 AM) - Chengannur on 21st Nov on the Salem - Dindugul - Kumily Route. Not planned any stops as travelling with Child.
If any of us BHPians have travelled this route, please share your experience 1. About the Kumily - Mundakayam Stretch (condition of Road etc)
2. E-Pass Requirements at TN Border Entry - Exit and Kerala Entry (Will be carrying a COVID Negativ Cert from BLR)

I have not driven through the Kumily - Mundakayam Stretch and am a bit low on confidence - have heard a lot of people say the ghats are tough to drive on.

Any help or advise is welcome..
Old 5th November 2020, 15:00   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherianchris View Post
Making up my mind to drive Bengaluru (04:00 AM) - Chengannur on 21st Nov on the Salem - Dindugul - Kumily Route. Not planned any stops as travelling with Child.
If any of us BHPians have travelled this route, please share your experience 1. About the Kumily - Mundakayam Stretch (condition of Road etc)
2. E-Pass Requirements at TN Border Entry - Exit and Kerala Entry (Will be carrying a COVID Negativ Cert from BLR)

I have not driven through the Kumily - Mundakayam Stretch and am a bit low on confidence - have heard a lot of people say the ghats are tough to drive on.

Any help or advise is welcome..
There's a lot of work going on in the climb to Kumily, so take care on that stretch, no shortage of bad drivers. The Dindigul - Kumily stretch is not as smooth(traffic wise) as before, I started at 6 from bangalore, so that could be why. 4am is a good time to start. Keep a watch out for dangerous barricades, courtesy of the local police.

Kumily kuttikanam is a good stretch.

You need to plan a few stops or you'll burn out by Mundakkayam or thereabouts with a 4am start. Take a break every 2 hours and get out of the vehicle and make your kid do that also, otherwise he/she will be really cranky once you get home, apparently due to body pain. Driving in the ghats isn't difficult, but remember that you'll reach kerala just when the afternoon rains start, don't expect to average more than 40kmph after Kumily.
Old 5th November 2020, 15:04   #500
BHPian

Quote:
1. About the Kumily - Mundakayam Stretch (condition of Road etc)
This is a great stretch to drive with lot of curves & just enough scenery to make the drive interesting. But at present, there's road work ongoing at many places between Vandiperiyar & Peruvanthanam. Broken stretches in this section are a bit frustrating. After Peruvanthanam, road condition is fairly good.

Quote:
you might have to get down at Kumily check post. one person has to go to the counter, enter the details about pass, passenger details, destination etc..

Quote:
Just be alert & look out for vehicles overtaking in blind corners. Plan your overtakes. That's pretty much it. its a great piece of road although the ongoing road works tone down the charm. drive safe.
Old 7th November 2020, 13:51   #501
BHPian

Does anyone know if an e pass is required to travel from Mumbai to Delhi, i.e MH to GJ to RJ to HR to Delhi?
Old 7th November 2020, 14:03   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ You could find answers to state regulations
https://www.goindigo.in/information/state-regulations.html"]here
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 18:02   #503
BHPian

A friend of mine drove from Goa to Gurgaon last month. He traveled through Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Haryana. There was no requirement for e pass or Covid checks. No checking at the state borders either.
Old 9th November 2020, 20:02   #504
Senior - BHPian

Any travel restrictions when one travels from MH to WB. I will be covering the following states on my upcoming road trip.

Maharashtra
Karnataka
Telangana
Andhra Pradesh
Odisha
West Bengal

Also what type of medical certificates etc are needed?
Old 11th November 2020, 13:54   #505
BHPian

Planning a trip to Udupi, KA on Dec 10. Will be travelling via Salem-BLR-Mandia-Coorg-Udupi route. Do we need to have ePass to enter KA? Did someone from TN recently travelled to KA?

Last edited by xcentrk : 11th November 2020 at 13:54. Reason: Grammar
Old 11th November 2020, 16:04   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
Planning a trip to Udupi, KA on Dec 10. Will be travelling via Salem-BLR-Mandia-Coorg-Udupi route. Do we need to have ePass to enter KA? Did someone from TN recently travelled to KA?
ePass is no longer needed to enter Karnataka. Enjoy your trip!
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:26   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
ePass is no longer needed to enter Karnataka. Enjoy your trip!
Thanks for the reply. But I guess it is better to have our ID/Aadhar with us, in case if things go south!
Old 11th November 2020, 18:44   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
TN is still insisting on ePass. Travelled from Chittoor to Chennai today and was asked to present the ePass while entering TN at Serkadu checkpost. People with out ePass where asked to apply pass online immediately and enter.
TN is insisting on epass just for the sake of contact tracing.

I travelled twice to TN for emergencies, once to tirupatur and once to thiruvannamalai and I did apply and recieve epass both the times.

Travel to tirupatur was uneventful.

On the travel to thiruvannamalai, I was stopped at chengam and asked to provide the epass. Once I showed it to the guy, he reluctantly let go. Apparently, he was stopping KA registered vehicles. I wanted to get in to a dialogue with him and let him know that there is no restriction on interstate travel. However, there was another guy on the phone speaking in fowl language, I just decided to moved on as there was no point.

As per government of India, there is no restriction for intestate travel effective 01 September.
Old 12th November 2020, 15:12   #509
BHPian

Is e pass required for train journey to kerala? will this be checked on arrival at station?
Old 12th November 2020, 23:46   #510
Senior - BHPian

Travelled between Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh yesterday, crossed Uttarakhand-Himachal, Himachal-Haryana, Haryana-Punjab and Punjab-Himachal borders, but wasn't stopped anywhere for any ePass checks or any other checks whatsoever, simple free interstate movement without any hiccups!

I didn't even check and apply for an ePass to move out of Uttarakhand, did that when coming in, but that wasn't checked either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks