Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2020, 00:31   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Is e pass required for train journey to kerala? will this be checked on arrival at station?
All domestic/internation travellers via flight and travellers via road require epass. It should be safe to ASSUME epass is also required via train.

Just apply (enter details) and you can download it as pdf in the same session in the next page. There is no approval process. The pass is mainly a glorified data collection tool if you ask me.

HQ 7-14 is still in place as per norms for domestic returnee pass, no Q for short term travellers, travelling on short term pass.

Apply here -> https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 08:28   #512
Senior - BHPian

I had crossed a state border for the very first time in 9 months yesterday. Had to visit Hosur to buy crackers for Diwali. The crowd was high , the traffic was very high and the toll at the border was a mile long. ( 2 pm time yesterday ) Good news is that there were a couple of toll staff shifting non Fastag cars to cash lanes.

At the border, there was just a lone policeman looking at the vehicles entering TN. No checking of any sorts.

Return to Bangalore was a breeze compared to the exit. I wonder how the traffic towards Hosur will be today and tomorrow , given the festivities.
Old 19th November 2020, 14:16   #513

Recently completed Bangalore-Lucknow trip (8-10th Nov) covering 2076 km in 3 days. I was the sole driver, accompanied by my wife as a very attentive co-driver

Our Nexon(P) XZ+ held up pretty good, especially through the bad patches! It also cruised smoothly at triple digit speeds and felt stable on longish stretches.

Thanks to all the fellow BHPinas for sharing their advice, experience, and inputs that helped me in preparing for this road trip!

We packed lots of ready-to-eat snacks/fruits and drinks to keep us going throughout the trip. The idea was to minimize the exposure to crowds as much as possible.

Route: Bangalore-Hyderabad-Adilabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Seoni-Prayagraj-Raebareily-Lucknow

Day1: Started from Whitefield, Bangalore at 08:15 am after having a cup of tea (plan was to start by 6:30 am but we were too sleepy to wake up). Stopped at 'Swagath Multicuisine Delicacy Restaurant' near Arur Village on NH44 at 10:00 am. Had some idlis, vada, and coffee (I always crave for idli/vada and coffee while on a trip ). The place wasn't crowded and seems hygienic. The drive to Hyderabad was such a breeze! Reached our friends' place (Gachibowli) by 5:30 pm.

Day 2: Started at 5:30 am. As per Google Map, the trip distance to Jabalpur was showing ~780 km. However, as others have pointed out earlier, there was a "diversion" of ~90 km due to road expansion after Nagpur near Khwasa in the Pench National Park region. This diversion took us via Piparwani-Tirodi-Bothwa village route and connected back to Seoni. This was a single-lane stretch. This diversion added around 1.5 hours to the trip time. Google maps are still not showing this diversion. If anyone taking this route, please be aware and plan the trip time accordingly. Reached hotel by 7:00 pm. We stayed at 'Royal Orbit' hotel which is bang on the highway, this was an advantage as we did not have to go to Jabalpur city. This is a new and quite large property (still under construction). The staff was super attentive and the rooms were clean and spacious. The best part was the food! We booked an all-inclusive (Rs.4500/-) premium room with dinner and breakfast included. We got to choose anything from their wide a-la-carte menu (they told us that buffet was only available on weekends)! It was lip-smacking
Ended a day-long drive with good food and in a super comfy room!

Day 3: We had our breakfast at the hotel and left around 10:00 am. Since the Beda Ghat (Dhuadhar falls) were quite nearby the hotel (18 km), we enjoyed the falls and bought some marble souvenirs. Started around 12 pm. Drive till Rewa was 4 lanes and quite scenic. After Rewa until Prayagraj, there are patches with 2 lanes being expanded to 4 lanes that will reduce the speed drastically. Prayagraj to Raebareli route goes within the city hence very crowded and at times, we were moving at snail's pace. Took a dinner break at Batohi restaurant (should be avoided-poor hygiene, poor food) just after Unchahar. Raebareli to Lucknow was 4 lanes and we were cruising again. Reached home by 12 am.

Throughout the trip, there was no stopping/checking for any e-Pass anywhere.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2020 at 17:35. Reason: Mention of overspeeding deleted
unbeknown_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 19:27   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelv View Post

On the travel to thiruvannamalai, I was stopped at chengam and asked to provide the epass. Once I showed it to the guy, he reluctantly let go. Apparently, he was stopping KA registered vehicles. I wanted to get in to a dialogue with him and let him know that there is no restriction on interstate travel. However, there was another guy on the phone speaking in fowl language, I just decided to moved on as there was no point..
Do they check the period stated in the pass. I am travelling for four days next week and when i applied for the pass online it asks for the arrival date with no option to state the period of stay. The approved pass which i got states one day period (date of entry plus 1). Any clue on how to get the period changed to days.
Old 21st November 2020, 11:14   #515
BHPian

Ysomani, the date(s) entered on the e pass is only for entry on those dates into Tamil Nadu and not for stay. Once you enter you can stay as long as you want. The e pass ( Now e Registration) is normally not checked when you enter TN and there is absolutely no checking when you leave the state.
However if you are going into the Nilgiris and Kodaikanal then you have to enter on the dates stated in the e pass as the checks are very stringent for entry into the hill stations. No need to panic. If things are in order it is a breeze.
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 00:59   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
Do they check the period stated in the pass. I am travelling for four days next week and when i applied for the pass online it asks for the arrival date with no option to state the period of stay. The approved pass which i got states one day period (date of entry plus 1). Any clue on how to get the period changed to days.
No they don't get deep in to the details, they are more interested in the name/ phone number and I'd proof. This is just a mere formality for the purpose of contact tracing.
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:43   #517
BHPian

Hey guys, does anyone have any updates on the recent measures being implemented by states like Gujarat, Rajasthan and MP in the wake of increasing Covid cases? I hear night curfews (10pm - 6am), does this apply to interstate travel?
Old 24th November 2020, 10:11   #518
Senior - BHPian

Maharashtra government on November 23 announced new guidelines for travelers entering the state from Delhi-NCR, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Goa via air, road or train.

The passengers travelling in flights from Delhi, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat will have to produce negative RT-PCR report on landing at airports in Maharashtra. The test should have been done 72 hours prior to the scheduled journey," according to the notification issued by the Maharashtra government.

People travelling by trains will also have to produce these certificates before boarding or will have to undergo tests at the boarding airports/stations at their own cost.

For Road travellers:
a) Passengers who display symptoms shall be segregated.
b) To undergo Antigen test.
c) To be sent to COVID Care Centre (CCC) for further care.
d) The cost of further care, including CCC, shall be borne by the passenger themselves.e) The municipal commissioners/district collectors concerned will be the nodal officers for the same.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/maha...report-2329130
Old 26th November 2020, 16:47   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need to drive down to Goa for some paperwork. Are there any restrictions for travel like an e-pass or something that is required?

It would be a day's work and returning the next day.
Old 26th November 2020, 17:22   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeknown_guy View Post
Recently completed Bangalore-Lucknow trip (8-10th Nov) covering 2076 km in 3 days. I was the sole driver, accompanied by my wife as a very attentive co-driver

Day 2: Started at 5:30 am. As per Google Map, the trip distance to Jabalpur was showing ~780 km. However, as others have pointed out earlier, there was a "diversion" of ~90 km due to road expansion after Nagpur near Khwasa in the Pench National Park region. This diversion took us via Piparwani-Tirodi-Bothwa village route and connected back to Seoni. This was a single-lane stretch. This diversion added around 1.5 hours to the trip time. Google maps are still not showing this diversion. If anyone taking this route, please be aware and plan the trip time accordingly. Reached hotel by 7:00 pm. We stayed at 'Royal Orbit' hotel which is bang on the highway, this was an advantage as we did not have to go to Jabalpur city. This is a new and quite large property (still under construction). The staff was super attentive and the rooms were clean and spacious. The best part was the food! We booked an all-inclusive (Rs.4500/-) premium room with dinner and breakfast included. We got to choose anything from their wide a-la-carte menu (they told us that buffet was only available on weekends)! It was lip-smacking
Ended a day-long drive with good food and in a super comfy room!

Throughout the trip, there was no stopping/checking for any e-Pass anywhere.
I did BLR-JBP-BLR twice in the last 2 months and the first time when I was travelling from BLR- JBP, I blew my front right tyre on the Katangi-Tirodi bypass road! Horrible at night and slow too!

To avoid this I took the JBP-Chindwara-Nagpur route back and again when I went to JBP during the first week of this month, took the same Chindwara route. Ended up reaching JBP much earlier and the roads are much better.

Also, was not stopped nor did I see any place where they asked for any e-pass ( states covered - KA, Telangana, MH, MP)
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 17:27   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Guys, need to drive down to Goa for some paperwork. Are there any restrictions for travel like an e-pass or something that is required?

It would be a day's work and returning the next day.
As of now it's just thermal check at the border but with our local government without a spine, they could roll out some SOP in a day and roll it back next day.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 12:22   #522
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Planning Delhi- Mumbai by road, any clue if the Maharashtra borders r clogged due to the recent screening of passengers from 4 states while entering MH ? Anyone entered MH in the last 2-3 days by road ?
autozoniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 15:30   #523

I also have a plan to drive through Maharashtra from Navsari to Mangalore in December 2020. i want to know actual condition on road at the border-crossings
Old 30th November 2020, 16:57   #524
BHPian

Hi Guys, need to drive to Navsari (Gujrat) from Pune, Maharashtra - do we have any recent updates on what is happening on state borders?
Old 30th November 2020, 17:09   #525
BHPian

Guys, my friend's marriage is on 4th Dec in Delhi and I need to travel from Chandigarh to Delhi on 4th itself. I was wondering if the Delhi borders are still sealed due to ongoing farmer protests? is there any way I can enter in Delhi without getting myself involved in the agitation by farmers?

Mods: Please remove the post if it is irrelevant to the thread. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks