Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 13:23   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
Hi. I am assuming you have already traveled. Did you face any issues at all? We are doing a run to Pondy tomorrow so just wanted to be sure.
Its only formality sake, so get one. When I was returning from AP side on NH5, non-TN vehicles were asked for one. This is just 1 out of 10 times, remaining times there is nobody checking or tracing for contacts.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 14:04   #557
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Its only formality sake, so get one. When I was returning from AP side on NH5, non-TN vehicles were asked for one. This is just 1 out of 10 times, remaining times there is nobody checking or tracing for contacts.
Thank you. I would think so too. Could I ask you for favour and direct me to the link for this epass?
Old 21st December 2020, 14:15   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdp View Post
Thank you. I would think so too. Could I ask you for favour and direct me to the link for this epass?
I am assuming that you're asking for the link to apply TN e-pass.

TN e-pass- https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass

The e-pass is auto-generated. So, once the data is filled, the pass will be generated instantly.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 14:19   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Last weekend (13-Dec-2020) I did travel to Mysore. The route taken was Kottayam-Thrissur-Nilambur-Vazhikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Mysore. We were stopped at Tamilnadu border for pass
I heard swab test is applicable only for people who are going to stay for more than 24 hours in TN.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 22:56   #560
kdp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
I am assuming that you're asking for the link to apply TN e-pass.

TN e-pass- https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass

The e-pass is auto-generated. So, once the data is filled, the pass will be generated instantly.
Thank you. I did get to the site. Unfortunately, the e-form does not list the relevant district in the drop down list (Cuddalore) I simply chose the closest district (Salem). Getting the roads was relatively simple apart from that one hiccup
Old 21st December 2020, 23:54   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I heard swab test is applicable only for people who are going to stay for more than 24 hours in TN.
No, this is not true. I stayed more than 24 hours in TN and no such tests were done.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 00:27   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasanna.sub82 View Post
Hello guys,

I plan to drive from Mumbai to Kanha (MP) on the 14th evening. Checking back once again with this group if anyone has any updates from the last week or 2 on the following:

1. Covid checks at the state borders while entering MP from MH (onward) or entering MH from MP (Return)?

2. I searched on the net for any recent announcements from the MP government for tourists on the requirement of e-passes / Covid negative certificates and could not find any such requirement. Could anyone, who may have travelled recently or even resident within MP, confirm this?

3. In the earlier post, someone pointed out that some cities (Indore, Ujjain, Bhopal etc.) impose night curfews. While I won't be touching any of these cities, (I plan to take the Mum -> Nasik -> Dhule -> Betul -> Chhindwara -> Kanha route).. I would be entering MP in the early hours (3-4 am).. Should I expect any trouble?

4. Any other precautions to be taken?

TIA.
Travelled from Mumbai to MP and back by road this past week.

Onward via Nasik - Dhule - Betul - Chhindwara.. entering MP near Dhule around 4am, absolutely no checks done nor any trace of policing at the borders.

Return via Seoni - Nagpur - Amravati - Aurangabad - Pune - Mumbai.. entered MH border at around 5pm, again no checks nor stops on the way at the border.

++++++++++++++++

Driving out to Bangalore from Mumbai on 23rd, keen to have any updates on the checks / travel restrictions if any.

++++++++++++++++

Meanwhile, MH has today announced night curfews till 5-Jan (11pm to 6am).. looking forward to updates on this.

++++++++++++++++
Old 22nd December 2020, 10:29   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
No, this is not true. I stayed more than 24 hours in TN and no such tests were done.

-Ravi
Thanks Ravi, I heard this is only for people traveling to TN hill stations and staying for more than 24 hours. Moreover it is only for people passing through Muthanga check post.
Old 23rd December 2020, 18:26   #564
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for a very early morning start from Bangalore to Mysore and then Gudalor, but is this allowed with the till 6 AM Curfew imposed in Karnataka? It is not clear from the press release if restrictions are there for vehicle movement.
Old 24th December 2020, 09:33   #565
BHPian

I was trying to apply for short visit pass to Kerala for travel by own car. The portal is asking to attach supporting documents such as "return ticket, supporting document". Any idea what is appropriate to be attached here?
Old 24th December 2020, 09:54   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post
I was trying to apply for short visit pass to Kerala for travel by own car. The portal is asking to attach supporting documents such as "return ticket, supporting document". Any idea what is appropriate to be attached here?
Attach your ID, that should do. I've done this in July when I went by car.
avira_tk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 15:45   #567
BHPian

A close friend has planned a Goa road trip and they are travelling tonight(24th) but with the night curfew imposed in Bangalore, wanted to check if anyone had travelled yesterday after 11 PM and if there is a problem?
All the travel documents(bookings and details) are in place. The bookings were done long time back and hence the trip can't be postponed.
Has anyone travelled yesterday/planning to travel tonight out of Bangalore.

This is Christmas weekend and many would have planned outstation trips from Bangalore. Any information on travel during night curfew will be appreciated
Old 24th December 2020, 16:41   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
A close friend has planned a Goa road trip and they are travelling tonight(24th) but with the night curfew imposed in Bangalore, wanted to check if anyone had travelled yesterday after 11 PM and if there is a problem?
Your friend shall get out of Bangalore before 11 pm.

And make sure to take ring road or bypass for the towns en route, if they have a night curfew.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 24th December 2020 at 16:42.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 17:45   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelPilot View Post
The night curfew has apparently been withdrawn:

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...sion=true&s=09
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 21:55   #570
BHPian

Hello All,

I intend to drive from Bangalore (KA) to Kolkata (WB) in January & return after 3 weeks. En-route my I plan is to halt (1 night each) at Vijayawada (AP) & Gopalpur (Odisha).

Are there any requirements for e-passes at any of these states?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks