Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2021, 11:44   #631
Team-BHP Support

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
My query to anybody who has travelled to TN by Road (personal vehicle): Is the 14-day home quarantine being implemented rigorously? Are they even checking TN e-pass at the border seriously? (other than Nilgiris/Ooty entry)

Thanks in advance.
I drove from Hyderabad to Chennai, yesterday.

There was no checking of any sort.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:40   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
My query to anybody who has travelled to TN by Road (personal vehicle): Is the 14-day home quarantine being implemented rigorously? Are they even checking TN e-pass at the border seriously? (other than Nilgiris/Ooty entry)

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I drove from Hyderabad to Chennai, yesterday.

There was no checking of any sort.
I drove from Bangalore to Coimbatore yesterday and there was no checking. We registered for the ePass at the TN website but didnt get any acknowledgement or approval thru SMS (was a bit different from my experience in Oct'20 when I got an approval almost immediately after submitting).

Related note, anyone travelled TN-Kerala and back recently and what is needed? I am planning a trip from Coimbatore to Guruvayur for a temple run (either same day return or next day) and wondering if there's anything to keep in mind? Multiple articles online which are contradictory, one says only ePass is needed for folks travelling from Kerala to Coimbatore for all modes, others say RT PCR needed for Kerala returnees (with exception for folks returning within 72 hours)

Thanks !
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:45   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceTraveller View Post
Has anyone experienced travelling through containment zones while driving through cities? For example, I was looking at containment zones in Thane and plotted them on Google Maps and realised, they fall in my way while driving from Ahmedabad to Bangalore.

Are we allowed to drive through containment zones or are they totally sealed from public access?
Any experiences for Gujarat to Karnataka (even if in pieces such as Ahmedabad to Mumbai or Pune and from Mumbai / Pune to Bangalore or any nearby areas)

RT PCR checks happening? Any other checks in place?

I am planning to drive from Ahmedabad to Belgaum on Day 1 and then Belgaum to Bangalore on day 2 - Aim is to try and avoid halts in Maharashtra due to growing CoVid cases and more importantly lots of restrictions on movement (lockdowns, curfew, etc)

If any inputs, please let us know. 🙏
Old 1st April 2021, 16:54   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Any experiences about travelling to Rajasthan? Can I get past with a negative rtpcr that's 4-5 days old? Do they verify the test reports?
Old 1st April 2021, 20:34   #635
BHPian

Is RT-PCR test certificate needed to enter Maharashtra from Karnataka? Travelling from Bangalore to Mumbai by car on Saturday.

I know, while returning to Karnataka, it's needed.
Wanted to know MH has any requirements of that sort now?
Old 4th April 2021, 12:30   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Planning to do Bangalore -> Delhi (Ghaziabad) next week. Any inputs about the route / e-pass / RT PCR tests would be welcome.

I am planning to take the Bangalore -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> Agra -> Ghaziabad route. Has anyone traveled via this route ? Any pit stop suggestions ?
Can someone confirm if entering and probably passing through Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh, RT-PCR report will be asked for ? I am planning to stay @ Sagar (MP).
Old 5th April 2021, 14:26   #637
BHPian

Anyone travelled from KL to Bangalore recently by train?
Is there any checking for covid negative certificate during journey/after alighting at bangalore rly station?
Old 5th April 2021, 14:40   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to Goa for the Holi weekend. Here's my experience

Goa airport: No checks. There's a temperature screening machine check handled by an individual at the exit but didn't see anything else happening; irrespective of the origin of the flight.

Mumbai airport: Stringent checks at the arrival before you head toward baggage section. Everyone has to showcase RT-PCR tests done less than 72 hours. If you don't have, they direct you towards a closed off section where you pay for the test, fill in your details and get tested. Charges 850 INR. Total time took was about ~20 mins, pretty quick and well done. All types of payment accepted. This is managed by Metropolis and you get the test results within the next 48 hours on your email.

People ending their trips at Mumbai are allowed to go home immediately. The checks happen 24X7 - we landed at 4 in the morning and they had enough staff to support the lone aircraft. They do check for folks with follow-on flights so there would be additional conditions for such folks.
Old 5th April 2021, 16:44   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Any experiences about travelling to Rajasthan? Can I get past with a negative rtpcr that's 4-5 days old? Do they verify the test reports?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Planning a drive to Jaipur from Delhi next weekend. Is there a negative test mandated for people coming from Delhi to Rajasthan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes travelling to Rajasthan from Delhi requires a Covid Negative RT-PCR test report with sample taken within 48 hours of journey. Please get a Covid test done for all travellers before travelling. I generally use Lal Path labs (app) and they give the results within 24 hours of collecting the samples. Though the checking at the border is just a formality, it would be best to get it done as they can send you back if you don't have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Officially yes. But sometimes cops don't ask.

Oops: @Behemoth answered your query one minute before me.
I drove to Rajasthan (Jaipur) on saturday and carried negative RT-PCR reports. But eventually there was no checkpoint anywhere to check the report, not even the temperature checks. 80% of the population in Jaipur were roaming freely without masks.

Why the government rolls out rules only on paper when they don't have any mechanism to implement practically? Wasted 1800 INR (3 members traveled).
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 16:58   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I drove to Rajasthan (Jaipur) on saturday and carried negative RT-PCR reports. But eventually there was no checkpoint anywhere to check the report, not even the temperature checks. 80% of the population in Jaipur were roaming freely without masks.

Why the government rolls out rules only on paper when they don't have any mechanism to implement practically? Wasted 1800 INR (3 members traveled).
I also travelled to Behror over the weekend and had gotten RT PCR tests done. Like you also experienced, no one checked our reports too and there was no screening. It is just on paper, but there is a risk of them turning you back hence better not to take a risk if travelling with family. So many places are lax about the rules and they are not being followed at all.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 18:39   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Charges 850 INR.
Assume you got the test done on 30/March or 31/March.

Was reading in the Economic Times that the price has been reduced to INR 600 effective 1/April.

Also, one question. Does this test involve taking a swab from the throat or nose?
Old 5th April 2021, 23:07   #642
BHPian

Family travelling from Madhya Pradesh to Mumbai on 8th of this month by personal car. Are there any restrictions or documentation required for travel. Thanks.
Old 6th April 2021, 12:18   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Can someone confirm if entering and probably passing through Maharashtra & Madhya Pradesh, RT-PCR report will be asked for ? I am planning to stay @ Sagar (MP).
There were no check at MH-MP border at least till 4th April.

-Pramod
Old 6th April 2021, 13:19   #644

Anyone from Mumbai who was planning a weekend trip this month? Wanted to know if that's still possible or have you cancelled plans for now? Are there stringent checks for people driving out of Mumbai towards Alibag/Kashid/Murud? We are not planning hotel stay, a friend has personal property.
Old 6th April 2021, 14:14   #645
Senior - BHPian

How’s the scene to enter Tamilnadu? I need to be there for 2 days and return back to Karnataka.

In that case, do I still need to produce a negative certificate on rentry to KA?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks