Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th April 2021, 16:28   #691
BHPian

Default Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hi Everyone. Was planning for a Leh trip between 5th May - 15th May. Tentative route: Bangalore-Srinagar-Leh-Bangalore by flight.

Any suggestions on undertaking this trip would really help, considering the growing number of cases & uncertainty w.r.t lockdowns.
Old 17th April 2021, 10:19   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
We are currently travelling to Kerala from Maharashtra. At the MH-KA border were asked for a negative RTPCR test report. Those who didnít have, were sent back.
Owing to the rise in cases in MH, decided to drive down to our hometown, Palakkad, Kerala.
Couple of important points-
1- RTPCR - Karnataka has allowed entry at borders of MH to ones with a -ve RTPCR report only. Our reports were checked at the border, those who didn't were made to turn back. While giving the samples for testing, we were told that the reports would take more than 48 hours, surprisingly got it within 24 hours. Validity is only for 72 hours.
2- E-Pass - No passes for MH and KA. Had to take a transit pass for TN. We also applied at the Covid Jagratha website for epass for Kerala.
3- Where were we stopped - MH-KA border to verify our RTPCR test reports and at the KA-TN border to check our epass. No checks at KL border. Since we had registered on the Covid Jagratha website, expecting a call from the local medical team.
4- Where and which hotels did we stop - Since we started late afternoon from Pune, took a halt at Naveen's lakeside at Hubli. Moreover it was raining very heavily. We took the second break at Radisson Salem. I could have continued to Kerala but for some reason we both were feeling very tired. Usually we only take one stop for the night at Hosur (Ibis or Keys)
5- Road conditions- Barring the infamous Pune Satara stretch, from Nipani till Palakkad roads were simply brilliant. The L&T bypass at Coimbatore is still a nightmare to drive.
6- Speed Cams/Interceptors - Saw one between Satara and Kolhapur. Saw lot of Interceptors between Davangere and Tumkur. Was flagged down once near Chitradurga for PUC and Insurance checking.
rakesh_r is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 17:22   #693

rakesh_r - Were you asked for a reason for traveling across the states?
Old 17th April 2021, 18:11   #694
BHPian

Quote:
While giving the samples for testing, we were told that the reports would take more than 48 hours, surprisingly got it within 24 hours. Validity is only for 72 hours.
Can you please let us know from which lab did you take the test.
I checked with below labs
suburbandiagnostics -> next available date is of 24 April
Metropolis -> few minutes back updated the site for homevisit.

Thanks,
Old 18th April 2021, 08:35   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post

Thanks,
Dr Lal's Pathlabs, highly doubtful if anyone would come to collect the samples since there is a severe shortage of manpower and kits.
I had requested for home sample collection with Metropolis but didn't get any response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
rakesh_r - Were you asked for a reason for traveling across the states?
Nope, was just asked on where we were travelling to.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 18th April 2021 at 08:36.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 14:53   #696
BHPian

This is a query regarding air-travel.

Some states require a Covid negative report (RTPCR negative, I guess thats what it means) within 72 hours of flight, if flying into that state from a particular state. But its quite likely the flight was booked more than 72 hours ago. If the test report comes positive, will the portal/airline refund the full air fare with no hassles?

What if a group is travelling (eg. me and my senior citizen parents) on one PNR and one of us come positive? Will the airline refund the fare for all 3 passengers?

In these times, I would like to think that systems are sympathetic enough to these cases to give a full refund. But I'd like to be sure.
Old 19th April 2021, 15:26   #697
Senior - BHPian

We flew back from Mangalore to Mumbai after a few days at Mangalore. No checks, no test reports checked at Mumbai airport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
If the test report comes positive, will the portal/airline refund the full air fare with no hassles?

What if a group is travelling (eg. me and my senior citizen parents) on one PNR and one of us come positive? Will the airline refund the fare for all 3 passengers?
I believe when one books the ticket and also when does the web checkin, one has to agree (T&C) that the flight passengers are not covid +ve (plus other clauses). So that would take care of the question you posed.

Before our flight from Mumbai to Mangalore, we were waiting for our test results from the clinic outlet outside T2 terminal. There was a couple who just got their test results before us - the wife's results came positive. As part of the process, BMC was also informed and the couple was advised she wouldn't be able to catch her flight. No idea on what they did next as we moved on back home.

Still give the airlines a try - they might provide some benefits. But I'd be highly doubtful of getting any refunds.
ninjatalli is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 15:44   #698

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post

Thanks,
I got my test done at Metropolis, Shankara colony Govandi. I saw people were walking in and gettig test done at 9 AM on saturday (17th). I myself had gone on friday morning at 8 AM and was given a timing of saturday morning 9 AM.
I got the result in 24 hours though.
Home collection has stopped in Mumbai for some time now.
alexgv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 16:55   #699
AZT
BHPian

State wise restrictions for those returning back from Kumbh

Quote:
Delhi government has issued an order making 14-days quarantine mandatory for all the residents of Delhi who attended Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. All Delhi residents, who visited Haridwar from April 4 till today or will be travelling today up till April 30, are required to upload details (viz name, address in Delhi, contact number, ID proof, date of departure from Delhi & arrival here) on link at Delhi government portal.
Quote:
Madhya Pradesh government on Saturday also directed all district collectors to quarantine people returning from Kumbh Mela being held in Uttarakhand's Haridwar. The state government said that all returnees will have to inform the district collector about their arrival.
Quote:
Gujarat government has made RT-PCR test mandatory for the returnees. Devotees returning home to Gujarat from the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar will not be given direct entry to their villages, said Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Saturday, adding that all returnees will have to undergo an RT-PCR test against COVID-19.
https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...710202270.html
Old 19th April 2021, 21:25   #700
BHPian

Anyone drove from Delhi to Mumbai? Any restrictions/checks anywhere (ePass, RTPCR report, etc)

What about Mumbai to Blore?

Am just considering road travel as an alternative to flying, as it seems safer (from Covid PoV), despite possibly involving overnight hotels stay probably in Indore and Belagavi (and an overnight stay at my parents place in Thane)
Old 19th April 2021, 21:32   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Anyone drove from Delhi to Mumbai? Any restrictions/checks anywhere (ePass, RTPCR report, etc)

What about Mumbai to Blore?
Last I remember the current lockdown/restriction conditions talked about non-essential travel to be not allowed across the state. No idea if it is being enforced on the highways.

Quote:
Owing to the rise in cases in MH, decided to drive down to our hometown, Palakkad, Kerala.
Was this travel done after 15th (during the two week lockdown/restrictions)? If yes, were you asked / stopped within Pune city limits/checkpoints?
ninjatalli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 08:46   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Was this travel done after 15th (during the two week lockdown/restrictions)? If yes, were you asked / stopped within Pune city limits/checkpoints?
Nope, we started on the 14th, Wednesday. Even if I travelled during the lockdown I had the two epasses (TN and KL) plus the RTPCR reports to justify our travel.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 11:19   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
Hi Everyone. Was planning for a Leh trip between 5th May - 15th May. Tentative route: Bangalore-Srinagar-Leh-Bangalore by flight.

Any suggestions on undertaking this trip would really help, considering the growing number of cases & uncertainty w.r.t lockdowns.
Given the uncertainities with cases and lockdowns, would suggest simply cancelling long distance travel plans. I dont see things improving in that timeframe. It could only get worse before it gets better.

Plan to visit nearby areas(within the state preferably ) by car.
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 11:27   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post

Does not look like a good idea to me. When elections get over our dear leader might just announce a country wide lockdown for months on end and elections are getting over at around the same timeframe as your trip, so you could end up getting stuck in Leh for a long time.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 12:13   #705

Traveled Pune to Bengaluru yesterday, 22 April21. Was stopped only at border after Kolhapur. Asked for covid -ve report. Police personal just saw the report and asked to carry on. No other checkpost or anything from Pune till Electronic City.

Most Viewed