Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2021, 18:28   #706
Senior - BHPian

Few Questions: By road from Mumbai to Kota, Rajasthan in May 2021. Restrictions etc.

Hi guys,

Posting here on behalf of a friend. He is scheduled to drive down to Kota in Rajasthan from Mumbai in the first week of May, but had a few doubts and queries.

1) What are the restrictions when driving from MH to RJ via NH8?
2) Is RT PCR negative report mandatory while entering RJ by road?
3) Any other things that he should keep in mind.

Some insights and help would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 21:00   #707
BHPian

Re: Few Questions: By road from Mumbai to Kota, Rajasthan in May 2021. Restrictions etc.

Although, I do not have information regarding MH or RJ, I will suggest him to wait till the last moment and keep watching/reading the news. Norms are changing everyday and new restrictions may be added by the time he decides to travel. I have recently faced this with my travel between Odisha-West Bengal-Jharkhand. Just yesterday, Odisha announced 14 day mandatory home quarantine for West Bengal returnees.

Even though there has been no lockdown or inter-state travel restrictions yet, its difficult to predict the same a week from now.
Researcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 21:56   #708
BHPian

Re: Few Questions: By road from Mumbai to Kota, Rajasthan in May 2021. Restrictions etc.

RTPCR report is a must nowadays in the prevailing conditions where every police catching you might want to earn a quick buck, or waste your time and make you suffer unnecessarily.

Ensure the vehicle has a Fast Tag without which the journey would be a real pain.

Also if friend plans to go via. Indore route, never take the route via ujjain, agar, soyat kalan, jhalrapatan and Kota.

Route from Mumbai to Indore, take a left turn at Manpur diversion to Ratlam, Jaora, Neemuch, Nimbaheda , Chittorgarh would be the best one to reach Kota considering your friend is ready for route through Madhya Pradesh.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 10:55   #709
MSC
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Restrictions for entry into Himachal Pradesh.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-1.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-2.jpg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-3.jpg
Old 26th April 2021, 16:54   #710
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Has anybody crossed Attibele to TamilNadu before 6:00am?
Bangalore has a night curfew from 9pm to 6am but it tells no inter- and intra- state travel restrictions. So wondering if we can cross the border early before 6:00?
Old 27th April 2021, 15:51   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Bangalore has a night curfew from 9pm to 6am but it tells no inter- and intra- state travel restrictions. So wondering if we can cross the border early before 6:00?
TN night curfew is 2200 to 0400. Apart from registration, I don't see any other restrictions from TN, there are offhand cases where RT-PCR is asked at the border. I guess KA is going into lockdown later tonight, so that is something to consider.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 09:03   #712
BHPian

One of my friend and family (3 people with 1 dog) is planning to go from Bangalore to Cochin by car. They plan to take the Hosur route through TN and through to KL. What is the best way to plan movement now?.
Old 28th April 2021, 09:08   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
One of my friend and family (3 people with 1 dog) is planning to go from Bangalore to Cochin by car. They plan to take the Hosur route through TN and through to KL. What is the best way to plan movement now?.
I think it is too late for any travel now. Karnataka is under lockdown for the next 14 days. Recommend to avoid all travels unless there is an emergency.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 09:17   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please note that the interstate movement is permitted only for emergency. It's in the best interest, we should stick to it. Vehicle could get seized if they cannot explain and convince the need for travel.

The best way is to start around 6am when the curfew is relaxed for essentials and head towards Attibele border. Looks like doable as its only a short distance to be spent in KA. Only have to see what restriction TN has put up at border due to curfew in KA.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 28th April 2021 at 09:30.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 09:32   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If I read the Karnataka lockdown guidelines clearly, inter-state travel by personal vehicles is banned unless there is an emergency.

Inter-state travel by trains & flights is still permitted if the respective train/flight is still operating. If the travel *has* to be done, first class AC is the other alternative available for traveling with a dog, with it's own risks of course.

Guidelines shared in this tweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I think it is too late for any travel now. Karnataka is under lockdown for the next 14 days. Recommend to avoid all travels unless there is an emergency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Please note that the interstate movement is permitted only for emergency.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 28th April 2021 at 09:33.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 12:25   #716

Just completed Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Jabalpur -> Rewa -> Prayagraj -> Lucknow (26-27 April)

I was stopped and asked about my details while entering the MH border. Had to pay 500 Rs for some pass since I did not have e-pass.

Roads are very good for the Hyderabad -> Adilabad stretch. From Adilabad to Nagpur roads are again good with some patch work.

Roads in MP are also in good shape and driving is easy. Nagpur to Jabalpur is again good with 2 lane highway and doable @100kmph.
Jabalpur -> Rewa -> Prayagraj is also good with few kms on single lane highway since road work is going on.
Since MH and MP are in lockdown, there is very less traffic on roads and mostly trucks.

From Prayagraj, every thing is just bad. There is no bypass to go around the city and you have to enter and cross all the city traffic for Prayagraj.
Roads in UP are okay but there is a single lane highway for around 120kms between Prayagraj and Lucknow which is a nightmare to drive. There is no highway driving manners and there are villages, markets, shops just on the highway. People keep jumping in front of you from nowhere.

Did Hyderabad -> Jabalpur on day 1.
Jabalpur -> Lucknow on day 2.

Stayed @ Hotel Royal Orbit Fern in Jabalpur. Hotel is on the highway and there is no detour required. Property is very good but there maybe be wedding parties/functions happening.

I was not asked for Covid -ve report anywhere.
TheOperator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 18:08   #717

We need to return to BLR from Vellore - When I tried to take a pass on the Seva Sindhu Portal (test. night and today afternoon) it flashed the message:

Service is disabled as per the decision by Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Karnataka

When I checked with some friends if this was true they told me there is no checking at Karnataka border.
If someone from the community can validate this for me it would be a great help to decide to travel to BLR or not.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 30th April 2021, 09:22   #718
BHPian

Please advise if I can take hyd->solapur ->pune route tomorrow, any restrictions or covid negative report mandatory? Will be travelling by private car, a family of three including a 8yr daughter. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th April 2021, 09:55   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherianchris View Post
We need to return to BLR from Vellore - When I tried to take a pass on the Seva Sindhu Portal (test. night and today afternoon) it flashed the message:
Epasses have long been discontinued in KA, however they have mandated a negative RTPCR test reports for people coming in from some states like- Kerala, Maharashtra etc.
Old 30th April 2021, 10:00   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherianchris View Post
If someone from the community can validate this for me it would be a great help to decide to travel to BLR or not.
No ePass and stuffs needed to visit Karnataka. Travelers from Kerala and Maharashtra need RTPCR report.

However, hope you are aware it is a curfew in Karnataka till May 12 and there could be some restriction entering. I am not sure what is the ground reality at the moment. Please be aware of it and travel only if it is an emergency.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks