Old 18th May 2021, 23:22   #766
Team-BHP Support

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This link isn't helping?
https://policeportal.tspolice.gov.in/

Attachment 2157624

It has an option to select "Telengana" as "Destination State".
Thank you very much. I had seen this page but since I could not change the "From" part, I never looked into the "Destination".

I think I will apply on this for an E-Pass and see if it gets approved or not. Since my date for travel is sometime next week, will do this in 3-4 days.
Old 20th May 2021, 16:41   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
My colleague’s sister has to return back to Bangalore from Anathapur in AP, any idea If such inter state travel is permitted now ? . Would appreciate any inputs if anyone has travelled recently.
DO you know if the travel was possible and what all docs/registration were necessary?
I may have to travel from Anantpur to Bangalore and back the same day
Old 20th May 2021, 20:53   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
DO you know if the travel was possible and what all docs/registration were necessary?
I may have to travel from Anantpur to Bangalore and back the same day
I dont have an update as they tested positive before they travelled and stayed back in A'pur
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:00   #769
BHPian

I just saw in today's newspaper that even though lockdown is extended in Karnataka, the Karnataka government has lifted the curbs on inter state travel.
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-hindu.jpg
Yipee. Finally I can drive back home after a month
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:07   #770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I just saw in today's newspaper that even though lockdown is extended in Karnataka, the Karnataka government has lifted the curbs on inter state travel.
And the same article says that they will seize vehicles moving around unnecessarily after 10am.

So, like the proverbial dog that growls and wags its tail at the same time, which end to trust?!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:30   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
And the same article says that they will seize vehicles moving around unnecessarily after 10am.

So, like the proverbial dog that growls and wags its tail at the same time, which end to trust?!
Whoops. Is this another statement that gives leeway to different policeman to interpret differently and form their own rules? The politicians will drive common people like us crazy.
Anyway. I am just planning to drive back on Monday and worst-case I will end up sleeping in the car for the night and make an entry into Karnataka at 6AM on Tuesday. I will just have to ensure that I empty my payload fully on Monday before I start from home .
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 13:00   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am just planning to drive back on Monday and worst-case I will end up sleeping in the car for the night and make an entry into Karnataka at 6AM on Tuesday.
Good luck, I think it should be ok, you have a valid reason to be driving back home and hopefully the cops will understand especially since the newspapers are saying travel is allowed. Guess they will issue a further clarification since I'm sure many people will be looking for this. Hope you get back home safe soon!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 13:40   #773
BHPian

Anyone has travelled by air from Bangalore to Ahmedabad and then back. What are the requirements in terms of testing etc.

I know things keep changing but in general what is the best reliable source to get this information?
Old 22nd May 2021, 14:11   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which newspaper is this? I have not heard about the travel restrictions being relaxed in any other channels.
I also badly want to drive to Bangalore from N.K District. I may carry this newspaper just to show if someone stops me
Old 22nd May 2021, 14:36   #775
BHPian

Any idea if a negative RT-PCR certificate is required for travel into Karnataka with the new guidelines in place?
Old 22nd May 2021, 15:50   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Which newspaper is this? I have not heard about the travel restrictions being relaxed in any other channels.
I also badly want to drive to Bangalore from N.K District. I may carry this newspaper just to show if someone stops me
This is from "The Hindu" newspaper of Bangalore edition today. My daughter took the picture and sent to me.

I googled and saw New18 also reported the same in below link
https://www.news18.com/news/india/ka...t-3763142.html

But as indicated by you, I could not find more information on this in any other new channels etc. After you raised, I am getting a doubt if this is really true.

Last edited by gopikb : 22nd May 2021 at 15:53.
gopikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 19:41   #777
BHPian

Does anyone know how strict the police check during 6am to 10 am curfew relaxation in Bangalore? My housewarming ceremony is scheduled this coming week and already all necessary material movement was completed pre lockdown. All that is left is for our family to travel to the house and perform pooja. The property is within Bangalore so I am fancying to take a chance and travel during the curfew relaxation time. Do police check documents during this time window or are we allowed to have free movement?

PS - I need to travel from RR Nagar to Whitefield
nagr22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 19:54   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Quote:
But as indicated by you, I could not find more information on this in any other new channels etc. After you raised, I am getting a doubt if this is really true.
It is there in the GO which was released yesterday. Attached the pdf. Also the relevant snippet from it below:

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-go.jpg

It says so, but I think it is still vague. Likely to to be true too.

Revised Guidelines extension GO.pdf
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 21:35   #779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Any idea if a negative RT-PCR certificate is required for travel into Karnataka with the new guidelines in place?
Yes, a Covid negative certificate is required to enter KA, as per news reports today (evening)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Does anyone know how strict the police check during 6am to 10 am curfew relaxation in Bangalore?
You should be able to travel during the morning hours. But please check about returning after the 10 am deadline. There is lot of checking post the window.

IMO, it would be good to keep it short and limited to immediate family, and start back to reach home at least around 10. Do have pics with you.

On another note, after a housewarming ceremony, arent we to stay in the house that day at least ?

Last edited by condor : 22nd May 2021 at 21:47.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 23:07   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
On another note, after a housewarming ceremony, arent we to stay in the house that day at least ?
Thanks for your reply @condor. We are not planning to travel back, not until the lockdown is relaxed. And yes it'll be only me, wife and our parents.
nagr22 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks