Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2021, 15:41   #796
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
For Tamilnadu, same ePASS apply to travel to other state. That will do. For entry into Karnataka, right now inter state travel is allowed. So he should be able to pass through. However, the home minister has given a statement that RTPCR negative report is needed for entry into Karnataka. But this is not clearly put in the circular of lockdown.
When entering Karnataka I am hearing that some cops ask for RTPCR report, but if your friend shows proof of residence in Karnataka, they allow to pass through without any more questions. My cousin traveled from Madurai to Bangalore day before yesterday and he was not even asked for RTPCR report.
So I think it depends on his luck.
Any idea about driving through TN at night? I am returning from Kerala to Bangalore this weekend and will be driving through TN and entering at Hosur. Since lockdown relaxation in Bangalore is from 6 am to 10 am, was thinkng if I should drive thru the night and reach Bangalore within this window. Any inputs on this will be very helpful as I am driving with family

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th May 2021 at 16:00. Reason: Bglor = Bangalore
Old 28th May 2021, 16:37   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
Any idea about driving through TN at night? I am returning from Kerala to Bangalore this weekend and will be driving through TN and entering at Hosur. Since lockdown relaxation in Bangalore is from 6 am to 10 am, was thinkng if I should drive thru the night and reach Bangalore within this window. Any inputs on this will be very helpful as I am driving with family
For driving through TamilNadu, you can regaister for TN epass which is given instantly in the below link. You should have no issue driving through TN in the night.
https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass
Stick the pass on the front windshield.
For entry into Karnataka, read my previous post. It is anyone's take at the moment as some police ask for RTPCR report while some dont. But if you have proof of residence in Bangalore, you should be okay as they allow you without any problem is what I heard. I have not traveled though.
gopikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 18:04   #798
BHPian

Quote:
For driving through TamilNadu, you can regaister for TN epass which is given instantly in the below link. You should have no issue driving through TN in the night.
Stick the pass on the front windshield.
For entry into Karnataka, read my previous post. It is anyone's take at the moment as some police ask for RTPCR report while some dont. But if you have proof of residence in Bangalore, you should be okay as they allow you without any problem is what I heard. I have not traveled though.
The TN epass does not have a transit option now which was there earlier. It has an option 'Others (Going out of TN by road only). But on the 'from' and 'to' section, it automatically takes 'TN' as the default from state. Since there was no other option, I selected it and applied. Am I missing something? Or is this the only option?
Old 29th May 2021, 19:45   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy28 View Post
The TN epass does not have a transit option now which was there earlier. It has an option 'Others (Going out of TN by road only). But on the 'from' and 'to' section, it automatically takes 'TN' as the default from state. Since there was no other option, I selected it and applied. Am I missing something? Or is this the only option?
You chose the right option Sandy. I also checked now and there is no other suitable option for you. It should be okay as you are anyway going to travel out of Tamilnadu by road.
Old 31st May 2021, 12:24   #800
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Need to travel from Belgaum(Karnataka) to Thane (Maharashtra).
Other than - ve RTPCR report, do we need any epass.

Thanks,
Old 31st May 2021, 13:08   #801
Team-BHP Support

I applied for an E-Pass to travel from Chennai to Hyderabad.

https://policeportal.tspolice.gov.in/

They now have an option for this specific type of travel.
The application was in pending status for about 2-3 minutes and then became "Rejected".

I have anyways deferred my travel plans to mid June. Will try again. But has anyone been successful in getting this approved?
Old 31st May 2021, 16:47   #802
BHPian

Hi I drove Kerala to Bangalore yesterday via the Coimbatore- Salem route. I was traveling with family and had taken RTPCR negative report for all of us. Applied for TN epass. There is no transit option now. So you need to select travel out of TN option. I could not get a print so carried all soft copies on mobile.*

Started at 4.15 am and was in Bangalore at 10.50 am. Just took a pitstop by the road enroute just to stretch legs. Else it was a nonstop drive. Carried food and water from home. Almost all hotels/restaurants were closed except few isolated ones here n there. Krishnagiri Saravana Bhavan and few A2Bs looked open as shutter was not down. But didnt find any vehicles or ppl outside so not sure if it was functioning.*Traffic was also near zero. So crossing toll booths was a breeze.

About checking: from my home in Kerala to home in Bangalore, we did not face any checking enroute. Neither at Wallayar, nor anywhere in TN nor at Atibelle. There were checkposts at all these places as well as at all district borders in TN. Many had cops too. But nobody was doing any checking. Dont know if it was luck or if they are not very strict.

Hope this update helps anybody planning to drive
Sandy28 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 21:29   #803
BHPian

Planning to travel to pick up family from Maharashtra in the first week of June. Route would be Khandwa - Khargone - Sendwa - Nasik - Pune. Checked the MP government website but no links to apply for e-pass. Can anyone guide me with the correct links. Also did anyone undertook any journeys on this route recently.
Old 31st May 2021, 22:22   #804
BHPian

Anyone recently travelled by road between Delhi and Mumbai? Need to know if any ePass is required to pass thru RJ and GJ. I am leaving on the 5th June and all I will be carrying is RTPCR reports for me and my wife. Will be crossing HR, RJ and GJ with a night stop at Ahmedabad or Udaipur.
Old 31st May 2021, 23:55   #805

Similar query as the one above. Traveling in the opposite direction, Mumbai to Delhi, starting on June 5th due to a family emergency. Will be carrying the RTPCR report, but is that sufficient? Or do we also need to get an e-pass to travel through the different states (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana, Delhi)?
Old 3rd June 2021, 16:27   #806

Hi all, would be grateful for any suggestions or experiences from someone who travelled from KA to TS recently

Need to travel from Bangalore to Hyderabad on 12th June with wife. Planning to take NH44 (Bangalore, Anantpur, Kurnool Hyderabad). Had a few questions -

1. Telangana Epass doesn't allow creating one beyond 10th June so no option to wait. Anyone who has recently entered TS from AP? Are there waiting lines at the border

2. Andhra Epass doesn't have a transit option and needs an Andhra destination address. Is this even needed if I am just passing through AP and dont plan to stop in the state? I am thinking I will provide a hotel address in Kurnool just to apply and see what happens. Grateful for anyone who did a pass through recently and can share their experience

With the lockdown situation remaining unclear, not sure when I can apply for the epass on the TS website. Here's to everyone staying safe. My wife and I recovered from Covid last week after two weeks of craziness and parents are desperate to get us home after seeing many losses among near and dear ones
Old 4th June 2021, 08:12   #807
BHPian

Karnataka lockdown has been extended to 14th. Is interstate travel by car blocked to bangalore?

Do we need a negative RT pcr test. One of us was infected a month back and test can still show up as positive even if we don't have covid. Doctor said go with antigen test.
Old 4th June 2021, 09:57   #808
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
NPV, Traveling from Bangalore to Chennai is no issue. Just ask your friend to get TN epass from below link
It is instant approval and download pdf and stick on the front and drive.
Hi Gopi,

There is no option for an e-pass for entry into TN on the portal. I need to get to Bangalore and back again in 3 days, but I'm worried about re-entry.
Old 4th June 2021, 15:04   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Hi Gopi,

There is no option for an e-pass for entry into TN on the portal. I need to get to Bangalore and back again in 3 days, but I'm worried about re-entry.
There is. Please see below snapshot
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-snpshot.jpg
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 15:51   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
Karnataka lockdown has been extended to 14th. Is interstate travel by car blocked to bangalore?
Do we need a negative RT pcr test.
Yes, it is allowed if you could provide/convince the cops at the check post with a valid reason. RTPCR is must. You could get it done for one of you. Which direction are you coming from. I am referring to the check post on the northern Kerala side from where I know of people who have traveled to Bangalore recently, including one today as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks