Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 16:05   #856

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

We'll be traveling from Kottayam, Kerala to Mumbai via Karnataka and Goa this Sunday. Basically travel via the coast.

Hotels have been booked for our pitstops and will be taking RTPCR tests along with us.

Is there any other document required? There doesnt seem to be anything on passes right now.
Old 17th June 2021, 07:30   #857
BHPian

Re: Fast test results for RT-PCR in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Who has the fast turnaround with results in B'lore(preferably around JP Nagar)?
Have heard good reviews on response time from Pharmeasy.

Also there's Pristyn Care which has an assured next day report or 100% refund offer.

Full disclaimer: feedback I have on both is second hand as I am currently not in Bengaluru...
Old 17th June 2021, 11:12   #858
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Are there any restrictions on travel between AP and Karnataka? I am looking for updates on both sides, entry to Karnataka from AP, and traveling back as well.
I left at 6 am this morning and reached Tirupathi by 945am. There are no check points on the way. The new road before chittoor is good and ends about 25 kms before Tirupathi. The old road continues after that. Please watch out traffic coming in the wrong direction in this new stretch. Will be returning tomorrow so will post about the situation on return.
Rangy62 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 11:29   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Have heard good reviews on response time from Pharmeasy.

Also there's Pristyn Care which has an assured next day report or 100% refund offer.
'Pharmeasy' is 'Medlife', now. They asked me to call 'Medlife' number and the lady says the turnaround time is 48 hours, which doesn't work for me. I need to provide the sample on Sunday morning, and need the result before I board the flight on Monday afternoon.

'Pristyn Care' does NOT do RT-PCR tests any more.
Old 17th June 2021, 11:49   #860
BHPian

Quote:
That's surprising as they still have this page up: Pristyn Care COVID Test

Quote:
'Pharmeasy' is 'Medlife', now.
It's the other way around... Pharmeasy seems to have acquired and assimilated Medlife. That however doesn't help with your requirement, so here are some other alternatives you may want to try (again in no sequence of preference and second hand info):You may want to verify the Pharmeasy bit via their App as well, if there is any difference in SLA.

Do check if there is a possibility of Test at Airport as well.

All the best!
Old 17th June 2021, 11:49   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'Pharmeasy' is 'Medlife', now. They asked me to call 'Medlife' number and the lady says the turnaround time is 48 hours, which doesn't work for me. I need to provide the sample on Sunday morning, and need the result before I board the flight on Monday afternoon.

Is there any change in rules as I knew that one needs to submit a sample 72 hours before the scheduled flight start time?

I had done by test at Manipal hospital , Jayanagar 9th block (in front of Bangalore Central). I got the report the next day. Do check if they provide within the time period you need.
Old 17th June 2021, 13:21   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Thanks! I have spoken to SRL guys and they generated orderID# and said that someone will call me. It's been 2 days since, no calls yet. They may call me on saturday. Lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Is there any change in rules as I knew that one needs to submit a sample 72 hours before the scheduled flight start time?

I had done by test at Manipal hospital , Jayanagar 9th block (in front of Bangalore Central).
My flight is on Monday afternoon. When I reach states, it will be Tuesday evening here. So, the sample needs to be collected latest by Sunday morning.

I know 'Malathi Manipal'. Will call them and check out. Thank You!
Old 17th June 2021, 14:59   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My flight is on Monday afternoon. When I reach states, it will be Tuesday evening here. So, the sample needs to be collected latest by Sunday morning.

I know 'Malathi Manipal'. Will call them and check out. Thank You!
I still believe that the test should be within 72/48 hours of flight departure time (and not arrival time). So you should be ok. Below is a snippet from cdc advisory.

Quote:
All air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens and fully vaccinated people, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 3 days before travel or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months before they board a flight to the United States.
But do confirm with your flight and get it done as they recommend.
Old 17th June 2021, 18:01   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
I left at 6 am this morning and reached Tirupathi by 945am. There are no check points on the way. The new road before chittoor is good and ends about 25 kms before Tirupathi. The old road continues after that. Please watch out traffic coming in the wrong direction in this new stretch. Will be returning tomorrow so will post about the situation on return.
Incidentally, I traveled to Bangalore today morning and crossed the border back to AP by 1 pm. I was traveling from Anantapur to Bangalore. There was no check of any kind while traveling to Karnataka.

On my way back, AP police were checking all cars. To me, they just asked my destination and let me pass immediately. I saw some other cars being checked.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 18:05   #865
BHPian

I will be travelling to Ghaziabad from Bangaore by road this upcoming Monday.

Is there any checks for RTPCR or e-pass related to AP and TS borders. Any updates will be highly appreciated?

I'm planning to get the RTPCR done before travelling just to be on the safer side.
Old 17th June 2021, 20:55   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post

Is there any checks for RTPCR or e-pass related to AP and TS borders. Any updates will be highly appreciated?

I'm planning to get the RTPCR done before travelling just to be on the safer side.
I too have the same query. I am travelling next Friday and hence need to understand weekend curfew related restrictions apart from ePass/RTPcr. Please do share any information you get.

From what i hear, TS and AP have epass but no option for 'transit'. MH has ePass (depending on district level classification) and RTPcr. MP has weekend restrictions. Some of the information could be dated and hence may not apply here.
Old 17th June 2021, 21:14   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Anyone recently travelled by road between Delhi and Mumbai? Need to know if any ePass is required to pass thru RJ and GJ. I am leaving on the 5th June and all I will be carrying is RTPCR reports for me and my wife. Will be crossing HR, RJ and GJ with a night stop at Ahmedabad or Udaipur.
Late update: Did the trip on 5th-6th June. Checkpost at HR-RJ and RJ-GJ border for RTPCR check and ePass. No checks on GJ-MH border, did not spot a single cop at the checkpost.
Old 17th June 2021, 21:23   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post

Hope you had a safe journey. Any updates you can share on checks across multiple borders you passed. Any restrictions on travel or hassles.

I have a similar travel in upcoming weeks hence will be good to have the info. Did you take any epass for any state? Transit pass?

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th June 2021, 10:09   #869

I just came across this article that tests are needed to enter Karnataka only if you have symptoms. Is this true?

Me and my partner are traveling from Goa to Bangalore, and were wondering if the test is necessary now.
Old 20th June 2021, 09:28   #870
Senior - BHPian

Travelled from Palakkad, Kerala to Pune Maharashtra.

Route Taken - Palakkad - Coimbatore - Salem - Bangalore - Davangere - Pune

States Travelled - Kerala - Tamil Nadu - Karnataka - Maharashtra

Travel Dates- 17th June to 18th June

Stay for the night- Sankama the boutique, Davangere, we were the only ones at the hotel but the staff made sure we were comfortable. We were allowed to order food via Zomato. Breakfast and Dinner was available but with limited options.

Travel restrictions- Negative RTPCR report required to enter KA and MH, epass to enter TN. No one checked our TN epass at Walayar border, found two policemen sleeping at the checkpost instead. No one checked our RTPCR report at Zuzuvadi checkpost. At KA-MH border, police checked our RTPCR report along with details of where we were coming from and where we were going to.

Eateries- At TN it was a mixed bag, some districts were open, some were closed. Most of the restaurants were closed, those open had take away options only. Each district had barricades placed with a checkpost. In KA restaurants were open for take away only. In the second day, had our lunch at McDs Kolhapur (only drive thru was available, no dine in).

Weather conditions- Dry in Tamil Nadu, heavy rains from Tumkur till Pune.

Fastag and Road conditions- Palakkad to TN-KA border, excellent roads, except for the diversions between Chitradurga and Hubli, most of them had bad roads and were flooded due to heavy rains.Passing tolls between KL and KA were a breeze thanks to Fastag. Maharashtra greeted us with long queues at Tolls with total lack of discipline. The infamous Satara to Pune stretch as usual bad enough to damage your tyres if not driven with care. Kolhapur to Satara was manageable.

On the RTPCR report- Got the RTPCR test done at Avitis hospital, Nenmara, Palakkad. Got the results via email in 9hrs.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 20th June 2021 at 09:29.
rakesh_r is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks