Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 10:29   #871
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
I too have the same query. I am travelling next Friday and hence need to understand weekend curfew related restrictions apart from ePass/RTPcr. Please do share any information you get.

From what i hear, TS and AP have epass but no option for 'transit'. MH has ePass (depending on district level classification) and RTPcr. MP has weekend restrictions. Some of the information could be dated and hence may not apply here.
Hi Sameer, did you already traveled the route? Please do advise what was the situation on border crossings, epass requirements and any issues.

I have my trip planned in 3 weeks, so while rules can change, will be good to get a real life update.

Thanks,
Deb
Old 20th June 2021, 11:24   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Hi Sameer, did you already traveled the route? Please do advise what was the situation on border crossings, epass requirements and any issues.

I have my trip planned in 3 weeks, so while rules can change, will be good to get a real life update.

Thanks,
Deb
Hi Deb,

I am planning to travel on weekend of 25th June/2nd July, depending on unlock happens across the route. My current understanding after talking to high5, other members of the community and other Travellers is:

1) No epass required(50% confidence level) , carry Rtpcr to be safe.
2)Hotels: this is my bigger concern: most chains/known names have centralised A/c and with virus being air-borne, not sure if I should choose them. A bunch of not so known names are not operational yet, and even if they are question remains around how good are the precautions there.

How are you planning on night halts?

Last edited by sameerg : 20th June 2021 at 11:25. Reason: Typo
sameerg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 13:10   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi Deb,

I am planning to travel on weekend of 25th June/2nd July, depending on unlock happens across the route. My current understanding after talking to high5, other members of the community and other Travellers is:

1) No epass required(50% confidence level) , carry Rtpcr to be safe.
2)Hotels: this is my bigger concern: most chains/known names have centralised A/c and with virus being air-borne, not sure if I should choose them. A bunch of not so known names are not operational yet, and even if they are question remains around how good are the precautions there.

How are you planning on night halts?
My plan is to travel on the 10th July weekend. Luckily I have the benefit of staying at my sister's place in Sagar.

My plan is to travel Bangalore to Hyderabad, overnight stay at Hyderabad (will plan for some decent 4 star property like lemon tree etc. for a bit of piece of mind). The next day start to Sagar (M.P.). Next day (or a few days later) from Sagar to Dehradun (my hometown) direct.
So the only overnight halt will be Hyderabad.

For you, check Hyderbad, Nagpur, Jhansi, Agra as possibilities of night halts where you can get decent properties to stay in. I agree issue of central A.C. but non central A.C properties have other issues which are even more concerning. So a bigger property for me is a better choice.

Will look forward to update from your travel. Hope you have a safe and seamless one. Keep us posted on your experiences.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 18:58   #874
BHPian

Guys, anyone have any info on inter district travel in Karnataka? Very tacky on the government’s part on not clearly indicating their stance on the same.

I need to travel from Mangalore to Mumbai. Have to make through 4 districts. Will a COVID -ve report and one dose of vaccination be enough to convince cops to let me through inter district checkpoints in Karnataka? I know Maharashtra is all cool and only a -ve report is required for entry.
Old 20th June 2021, 21:53   #875
BHPian

Have anyone passed through Attibele to reach Bangalore? What’s the current restriction/requirement?
Old 20th June 2021, 22:04   #876
BHPian

Travelled from Belagavi/Belgaum to Bangalore (JP Nagar) yesterday. Very sparse traffic all along and no check anywhere. We were anticipating RT-PCR test or swab collection while entering Bangalore but there was nothing done. Didn’t venture into any restaurant as we carried home food. Fastag worked flawlessly at all the tolls.
Old 20th June 2021, 23:36   #877
Senior - BHPian

Anyone travelled to Gujarat recently? Need to go to Junagadh in first week of July from Mumbai. Will be travelling with parents.
Old 21st June 2021, 02:42   #878
BHPian

Anyone travelled from Bangalore to AP via Kolar?
I need to travel to Virupakshipuram after 2 days from Horamavu. Do we need to apply for a Epass?
Old 21st June 2021, 07:53   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Travelled from Palakkad, Kerala to Pune Maharashtra.

Route Taken - Palakkad - Coimbatore - Salem - Bangalore - Davangere - Pune

Travel Dates- 17th June to 18th June

Travel restrictions- No one checked our RTPCR report at Zuzuvadi checkpost. At KA-MH border, police checked our RTPCR report along with details of where we were coming from and where we were going to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Have anyone passed through Attibele to reach Bangalore? What’s the current restriction/requirement?
With respect to my latest travel update. From Bangalore towards TN, heavy checking by TN for epass at Zuzuvadi checkpost.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 11:32   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
My plan is to travel on the 10th July weekend. Luckily I have the benefit of staying at my sister's place in Sagar.

My plan is to travel Bangalore to Hyderabad, overnight stay at Hyderabad (will plan for some decent 4 star property like lemon tree etc. for a bit of piece of mind). The next day start to Sagar (M.P.). Next day (or a few days later) from Sagar to Dehradun (my hometown) direct.
So the only overnight halt will be Hyderabad.
I am also planning to drive this route (starting on 25th) to Bareilly, the problem is that I am not getting decent hotels in Sagar (any recommendations would be helpful), so thinking of taking Jabalpur route.
Tentative plan
Day 1 - Bangalore to Hyderabad (night halt - planning to start early morning and cover up office work in the evening)
Day 2- Hyderabad - Sagar / Jabalpur
Day 3 - Sagar /Jabalpur to Bareilly (UP)

Can someone help me with the road conditions post Nagpur? Also, what is the e-pass requirement , as the government portals are not very clear on what has to be done.

Thanks in advance.

-DB
DBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 21:07   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

TN - KA :
I drove down to Bangalore from Kanyakumari, today. I was stopped near Kovilpatti for TN epass check. Apart from this there was no checking within TN. Also, there was no checking at Attibele. I saw a KL car stopped though. Maybe they are checking randomly. Behind me there was a TN car which was not stopped as well.
arun_josie is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 21:26   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Anyone travelled from Bangalore to AP via Kolar?
I need to travel to Virupakshipuram after 2 days from Horamavu. Do we need to apply for a Epass?
Hi, There are no checks if you are traveling from Kolar side. As long as you travel between 6am to 2 pm in AP you don’t need a pass. If you travel during the curfew hours you need a pass.
Rangy62 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 04:54   #883
BHPian

@Rangy62 - Thanks a lot for the update. Helps us a lot. It's a big relief that there is no Epass for AP.
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:59   #884

Has anyone traveled through the Kognoli Nippani border from Maharashtra side towards Karnataka? What checks are being done and how much time should one provision for checks at the border? Also, since I will be traveling to Bangalore from Mumbai, is there any chance of hiccups if I reach Bangalore during the curfew hours?
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:51   #885
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used the Chinnar -- Udumelpet route recently to enter TN from Kerala while traveling to Bangalore? Want to know about the checks here, I have taken the TN exit pass through Hosur border

Most Viewed