Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 11:13   #916
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Need some help to find the latest arrival guidelines (by flight) to BLR from Kerala as the guidelines from multiple source are contradicting.
However, there are multiple other sources ( including a Telegram group for KA COVID guidelines) mentions that negative RTPCR is a requirement.
Replying to my own post, just got this info from my friend who got it in his office whatsapp group (unable to find the web version of this news though)
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-whatsapp-image-20210628-11.04.18.jpeg  

kochup is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 15:21   #917

Planning to travel with my wife and dog back to our home in Bangalore from Mumbai. We are driving down in our MH registered car. From what I can gather on this thread, no other document apart from RT-PCR is required to enter Karnataka. Can someone confirm that? Will us travelling back to our home be considered as non-essential?

Also, with the current restrictions in Karnataka, has anyone travelled on the highways in Karnataka / inside Bangalore post the 5PM deadline ? We would prefer finishing the journey without an overnight halt (Planning to leave on 1st July early morning 4 AM from Mumbai) and might be able to enter Bangalore by 7-8 PM. Is that advisable or should we break the journey to make sure we reach our destination in Bangalore (Bellandur) before 5 PM ?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 28th June 2021, 15:59   #918
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, how to get Tamil Nadu ePass ?

Friend has to travel BLR-MAS-BLR, starting tomorrow. This is on official work for an automotive manufacturer at the factory.

They tried on web, but upon selecting "other" it only shows option only to travel Out of TN

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-tnepass.jpg

Last edited by condor : 28th June 2021 at 16:17.
Old 28th June 2021, 16:20   #919
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, how to get Tamil Nadu ePass ?

Friend has to travel BLR-MAS-BLR, starting tomorrow. This is on official work for an automotive manufacturer at the factory.

They tried on web, but upon selecting "other" it only shows option only to travel Out of TN
You cant with the "others" option. You get an entry pass to TN only if you are going on medical grounds. They dont even have a transit pass option to KL or PY via TN.

I just took a pass from Hosur to KL and travelled last weekend. Decided to risk it but there was no checking at Attibele and the entire TN route. There were barricades at all district boundaries but no checks.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 18:57   #920
Distinguished - BHPian

So we traveled via rail over the weekend from Bombay to Bangalore. We got the PCR test done as per the guidelines but seems like no one really is checking for it.

No questions asked at Bombay side (VT station) and surprisingly no checks at Bangalore station either. In fact when the train reached Bangalore in the morning, the crowds at the station was so high it seemed as if there was no pandemic.

There were checkers who were randomly checking for tickets (or a platform ticket) but no one to validate if out-of-state travelers had PCR tests done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Replying to my own post, just got this info from my friend who got it in his office whatsapp group (unable to find the web version of this news though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil J View Post
Planning to travel with my wife and dog back to our home in Bangalore from Mumbai. We are driving down in our MH registered car. From what I can gather on this thread, no other document apart from RT-PCR is required to enter Karnataka. Can someone confirm that? Will us travelling back to our home be considered as non-essential?
Just fyi guys to give a perspective on out-of-state travel entering Karnataka/Bangalore.

Quote:
Also, with the current restrictions in Karnataka, has anyone travelled on the highways in Karnataka / inside Bangalore post the 5PM deadline ?
You might want to reach out to @megazoid who just penned this thread of a non-stop Mumbai to Bangalore road trip.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 21:12   #921
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Has anyone travelled by train from another state to Kerala? Would like to know if there are any restrictions like RTPCR certificate or a pass upon arrival.
Travelled to Palakkad from Chennai last weekend in the 3 tier AC, Trivandrum Mail. Crowds were less, several seats were unoccupied, trains were reaching at the destined stops much earlier.

At Palakkad upon arrival at 4 AM, there was a counter at the exit manned by some COVID-19 task force, who were asking the passengers where they’ve arrived from. They took down the name and contact number when I said I’ve arrived from Chennai. They didn’t ask for the RTPCR negative report or anything else. Nothing at Avadi when I arrived this morning. The city has lifted a lot of restrictions starting today.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 07:55   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil J View Post
We are driving down in our MH registered car. From what I can gather on this thread, no other document apart from RT-PCR is required to enter Karnataka. Can someone confirm that? Will us travelling back to our home be considered as non-essential?

Also, with the current restrictions in Karnataka, has anyone travelled on the highways in Karnataka / inside Bangalore post the 5PM deadline ? Is that advisable or should we break the journey to make sure we reach our destination in Bangalore (Bellandur) before 5 PM ?
Returning to home should be considered essential. Have your Bangalore address proof handy since you are coming by MH registered car.

We entered Bangalore from TN during the weekend curfew on Saturday. There was heavy traffic on Bangalore roads and few random checking. I would expect a similar situation during weekday curfews too. Considering the risk of overnight stay during covid times, reaching your home on the same day is advisable. Just be prepared to convince cops, in case if you are stopped during random check.
Vin@y is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 09:17   #923

Hi all!
I'm planning to travel by road (KA registered car) from Bangalore to my parents' home in Coimbatore.

When I login to the TN epass portal, I only see one option "Others (going out of TN by road only)" apart from medical emergency, funeral, and wedding option.

Did anyone travel the KA to TN route via Zuzuwadi/Hosur recently? What option had you picked for the epass? Was there any checking at the border or anywhere else along the way inside TN?

Thanks in advance
Old 29th June 2021, 09:52   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Hi Sameer, did you already traveled the
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi Deb,

I am planning to travel on weekend of 25th June/2nd July, depending on
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
I am also planning to drive this route (starting on 25th) to Bareilly, the problem is that I am not getting decent hotels in
-DB
Did you folks travel already or at least gather sufficient information to safeguard against problem en route? I am also planning to travel to Delhi-NCR from BLR sometime towards end of July and struggling to find correct information, especially for Maharashtra border crossings and stay in Nagpur.
Old 29th June 2021, 12:25   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Did you folks travel already or at least gather sufficient information to safeguard against problem en route? I am also planning to travel to Delhi-NCR from BLR sometime towards end of July and struggling to find correct information, especially for Maharashtra border crossings and stay in Nagpur.
Hi, my travel is planned on 9th July. To be honest not much info is available and things keep changing everyday. Seems few tbhpians who had to travel did not due to personal reasons, so first hand info is limited.

I plan to get RtPcr done for all passengers (3 of us) and start 9th early morning to Hyderabad. I just hope with restrictions almost removed, should not be an issue. Will surely share my experience once trip is done or enroute if possible.

Thanks
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 14:26   #926
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan94 View Post
Hi all!
I'm planning to travel by road (KA registered car) from Bangalore to my parents' home in Coimbatore.

When I login to the TN epass portal, I only see one option "Others (going out of TN by road only)" apart from medical emergency, funeral, and wedding option.

Did anyone travel the KA to TN route via Zuzuwadi/Hosur recently? What option had you picked for the epass? Was there any checking at the border or anywhere else along the way inside TN?

Thanks in advance
I crossed over on Friday without the pass. There was no checking. I however, had a pass from Hosur to Walayar to enter KL.
There were barricades at all district boundaries but no checking at any point.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 14:48   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Someone posted in Facebook in Hivayking forum that they travelled from Lucknow to Bangalore last week and it was a smooth drive, with no one stopping

I am planning to drive from Delhi to Lucknow to Bangalore on the coming weekend, 3-5 Jul, will also update here
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 15:09   #928

Did this trip just yesterday. Mine was a KA registration car but there were several MH registered cars in the queue at Kognoli. Only thing they are asking for is a negative RTPCR test, your destination, and your phone number. Same thing for everyone irrespective of your vehicle registration. I saw some cars being sent back for not having an RTPCR. No problem in traveling on the highway. We reached Bangalore at 8PM. But, Bangalore was a shock! Endless traffic snarls and took me 1.5 hours to navigate from Yeshwantpur to CV Raman Nagar.
Jerremee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 16:16   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerremee View Post
Mine was a KA registration car but there were several MH registered cars in the queue at Kognoli. Only thing they are asking for is a negative RTPCR test, your destination, and your phone number.
Was RTPCR mandatory? I read a news paper article mentioning that either RTPCR or at least one dose of vaccine is sufficient.
Old 29th June 2021, 17:49   #930

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
Was RTPCR mandatory? I read a news paper article mentioning that either RTPCR or at least one dose of vaccine is sufficient.
Even I read that news today. Not sure. Yesterday at the Kognoli post, the person manning the queue asked first for an RTPCR and we had that. So, perhaps the other questions of vaccinated or not did not crop up.
Jerremee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks