Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2021, 19:44   #931
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Hello Friends,

Need to visit Hyderabad on 1st and returning on 3rd July.

Will be driving from Bangalore via Ananthapur, Gooty and Kurnool.

Is there any ePass required to travel via AP to reach Telangana and return same route?
Old 29th June 2021, 20:06   #932
BHPian

I just came to my hometown (Erode, TN) on Sunday from Bangalore. I have only taken the TN e-pass. Only at the KA / TN border, the TN police glanced the pass which I have pasted on my windshield. The car was not stopped anywhere during the travel.

TN ePass site:
https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass

Last edited by amvj : 29th June 2021 at 20:19.
Old 30th June 2021, 09:00   #933
BHPian

I'll be travelling from CCU to BLR tomorrow with a night halt in Vizag. AP gov site does not have any options to issue a e-pass for someone passing through!

Any suggestions?
Old 30th June 2021, 09:34   #934

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I just came to my hometown (Erode, TN) on Sunday from Bangalore. I have only taken the TN e-pass. Only at the KA / TN border, the TN police glanced the pass which I have pasted on my windshield. The car was not stopped anywhere during the travel.

TN ePass site:
https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass
Which option had you selected while applying for epass?
Old 30th June 2021, 10:01   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Hello Friends,

Need to visit Hyderabad on 1st and returning on 3rd July.
Not sure about AP- Telangana.

I had traveled from Anantpur to Bangalore and back yesterday. There were absolutely no checks anywhere.
There is an AP police post at the border when you enter. They were checking inside vehicles last time when I traveled about 2 weeks back. But yesterday private vehicles were not getting stopped. I saw an APSRTC bus being stopped.

Be aware that as of now there is a curfew in AP from 6 pm to 6 am.

Aside, when you return, there may be a police check for speeding between Chikballapur - Devanahalli area.
When i traveled to Bangalore they were not present. But saw them stopping many vehicles on my return
Old 30th June 2021, 11:05   #936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil J View Post
Planning to travel with my wife and dog back to our home in Bangalore from Mumbai. We are driving down in our MH registered car. From what I can gather on this thread, no other document apart from RT-PCR is required to enter Karnataka. Can someone confirm that? Will us travelling back to our home be considered as non-essential?

Also, with the current restrictions in Karnataka, has anyone travelled on the highways in Karnataka / inside Bangalore post the 5PM deadline ? We would prefer finishing the journey without an overnight halt (Planning to leave on 1st July early morning 4 AM from Mumbai) and might be able to enter Bangalore by 7-8 PM. Is that advisable or should we break the journey to make sure we reach our destination in Bangalore (Bellandur) before 5 PM ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Drove from Bombay to Bangalore on Sunday 27th June, 2021.

The only place I was stopped was MH-KA border (Latitude: 16° 32’ 47.004” N
Longitude: 74° 19’ 5.076” E)

They asked origin-destination-name-number. I had a negative RT-PCR report as a hard copy printed out. Cop didn't even look at it. They did not ask for my reason for travelling. No address proof was checked. Car registration shouldn't be an issue. Mine is a WB registered vehicle.

No checking in the city either. I entered from Tumkur and drove till Sarjapur road.
blitzkrieg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 11:39   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm beginning to wonder what is the point of all these travel restrictions/guidelines?

The point where we could have contained the spread is long past. Now I see the news that x variant or y variant is "being controlled", but given how low the genome sequencing of samples is, does it really seem possible that the low number of variant cases are the only ones? Or just the ones that have been found?

And given the lack of checking or checking-for-the-sake-of-doing-'something' anyway that is the reality, why subject travelers to unnecessary uncertainties and the whims of any and every local authority? A lot of people have already moved across states/districts the past few weeks. This kind of checking/e-pass thing is now redundant anyway. It seems to make sense only for authorities who want to be seen 'doing something' or in the minds of people who want to 'believe' that these checks are keeping their state/district safe. (Which is as good/effective as a prayer IMHO!)

Last edited by am1m : 30th June 2021 at 11:48.
am1m is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 12:16   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan94 View Post
Which option had you selected while applying for epass?
Death / death ritual (genuine reason). I have attached my in-law’s death certificate.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 12:41   #939
BHPian

Need to visit Coimbatore next week and return to Bangalore the next day. Is E-pass needed for motorcycle or car? Would appreciate latest info please. thanks in advance

Trip is: Blore - Coimbatore - Blore
Old 30th June 2021, 13:10   #940

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I'm beginning to wonder what is the point of all these travel restrictions/guidelines?
I share your thoughts completely. Why make road travel so ambiguous when air travel doesn't have any such issues (apart from RT-PCR negative report)
blitzkrieg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 17:22   #941
BHPian

Hello,
I am travelling to Pune from Indore this Friday, I hope there are no travel restrictions in place and no e-pass is needed.

I also found this on the web, not sure if this website is official or not, can someone please confirm on current travel restrictions.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-temp.png  

Old 30th June 2021, 17:39   #942

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hello,
I am travelling to Pune from Indore this Friday, I hope there are no travel restrictions in place and no e-pass is needed.

I also found this on the web, not sure if this website is official or not, can someone please confirm on current travel restrictions.
The website is correct and one does not require an e-pass to travel within Maharashtra as of now. Do verify once on whether there are any travel restrictions for interstate travel between MP and Maharashtra. Last week my cousin traveled from Vidisha to Mumbai and wasn't stopped anywhere, though he did have his RTPCR negative report with him, just in case.
Jerremee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 18:25   #943
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried applying for a TN E-pass recently and got it?

I have been trying to apply for one since morning and it shows an error saying invalid elements when I try to go the second step.
Old 30th June 2021, 18:42   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Need to visit Coimbatore next week and return to Bangalore the next day. Is E-pass needed for motorcycle or car? Would appreciate latest info please. thanks in advance

Trip is: Blore - Coimbatore - Blore
My cousin sister drove to Coimbatore this morning, through the Hosur-Salem-Avanashi highway route. No one stopped or even checked anything is what she said now.

I think (not sure) TN has also gotten rid of the epass.
Old 30th June 2021, 19:33   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
My cousin sister drove to Coimbatore this morning, through the Hosur-Salem-Avanashi highway route. No one stopped or even checked anything is what she said now.

I think (not sure) TN has also gotten rid of the epass.
I had travelled from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Nagercoil on 20th June and returned on 25th. In the onward journey, my pass was checked somewhere near Nagercoil. In the return journey, there was no checking though.

So I believe the epass is still being tracked, just not at all places.
Mistakenguy is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed