Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2021, 18:43   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDaddy_In View Post
Did not follow. What is this N-S corridor. I need to spend a night in Nagpur before moving towards Delhi.
North-South Corridor via Nagpur, which is the route you are taking
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 19:05   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Do we need aRTPCR negative report or e-pass to enter AP from KA and re-enter KA ? As far as I know, AP never mandated e-pass or negative RTPCR but want to be sure that I haven't missed any circular.
Old 15th July 2021, 20:19   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Do we need aRTPCR negative report or e-pass to enter AP from KA and re-enter KA ? As far as I know, AP never mandated e-pass or negative RTPCR but want to be sure that I haven't missed any circular.
No RT-PCR report or e-pass is required to enter AP from KA or to enter KA from AP.

I completed a KA-TN and return trip yesterday. There was no checking for any reports/pass at any of the borders (KA-AP, AP-TN, TN-AP & AP-KA).
Aiel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 22:21   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Need to travel to Vapi/Daman to attend a family function in the weekend. Is RT-PCR required in GJ / Daman for 11 and 16 year old children? Otherwise, we (parents) are both fully vaccinated (2nd dose completed).

tia,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 15th July 2021 at 22:23.
Old 16th July 2021, 17:06   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove from Goa to Badami today. Absolutely no checking of any papers or test reports at the KA border before Karwar, perhaps because it was raining. One cop just asked us to slow down, asked us where we were going and looked inside the car (KA reg). But nothing else. Route in pretty good shape, except when entering Hubli. Bad stretch of no road, completely muddy.
Old 16th July 2021, 18:07   #1026
BHPian

Is entering KA from TN requires epass? I am planning to go tomorrow.
I have the 1st dose vaccine certificate and RTPCR negative report.
Old 16th July 2021, 19:11   #1027
BHPian

We made two trips last week. The first one was Noida and Delhi to Chandigarh. Supposedly you needed to have at least one dose of the vaccine to enter Chandigarh but as I suspected, there was no checking of any kind anywhere. Everyday we entered Chandigarh lots of times and no one was ever checking any vehicles. We did have vaccination certificates ready just in case.

The second trip was to Haridwar in Uttarakhand a couple of days back. Uttarakhand has a declared policy of requiring epass registration as well as a covid test report. It was only a day trip and we were hoping there won’t be any checks as we didn’t want to hassle with the covid tests. I was hopeful that the amount of traffic on the highway would mean no checking or only some sporadic checking. I had already prepared a couple of back up routes via smaller villages as the likelihood of any checks in a village was slim. At the border, unfortunately, the entire road was blockaded and every vehicle including buses was made to detour into a large parking area with offices. Here you had to go to some windows and show some documentation and they issued you a small stamped receipt which was shown to policemen manning the exit. A lot of cars seemed to be just driving through with a cursory check and I joined the queue. Unfortunately I was stopped and asked to go to the building as I didn’t have the pass. I parked the car on the side and tried to see if an “understanding “ could be reached with the policeman. He flat out refused. However his older colleague was amenable and asked me to go to the vehicle and wait for him. He arrived in a bit, asked me to lower the window and pretended to be checking something while he pocketed the Rs100 from my hand. I was amenable to paying upto 500. I drove back to the checkpoint and the young policeman again stopped me. I gestured towards his colleague and I was allowed to proceed. It was an interesting experiment as I have always wondered if such arrangements would work to cross the borders. Before people roast me for flouting the norms, I was there for a couple of hours and did not meet or go close to anyone and did not enter any establishment. In any case with hundreds of millions of people already infected, such requirements make no sense. A person could have been okay 3 days ago when tested but could have since become infected.
Old 16th July 2021, 20:31   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
In any case with hundreds of millions of people already infected, such requirements make no sense. A person could have been okay 3 days ago when tested but could have since become infected.
Are your sure you're the only who bypassed the system like this? Then it's OK.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 21:12   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Are your sure you're the only who bypassed the system like this? Then it's OK.
Not sure if I understood the question or the rationale behind the sarcasm. I am not in favour of any kind of restrictions on travel, especially inter state or inter district travel. So if many people bypass it, more power to them.
Old 16th July 2021, 22:33   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
AP from KA and re-enter KA.
If you are not travelling AP in curfew hours i.e 2200-0600, you don't need an ePass. For the moment only KL and MH vehicles are being singled out when entering KA.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 15:57   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Is entering KA from TN requires epass? I am planning to go tomorrow.
I have the 1st dose vaccine certificate and RTPCR negative report.
Did you do this? And which border are you referring to and how did it go?

Does any one have the current update on Attibele border checking for TN > KA travel?
Old 18th July 2021, 17:02   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Did you do this? And which border are you referring to and how did it go?

Does any one have the current update on Attibele border checking for TN > KA travel?
I went to Bangalore, KA yesterday and back to Erode, TN today. There is no checking in Attibelle. There was only one policeman in the checkpoint and he did not check any vehicle.

There was no stoppage for checking at both KA and TN. That said, I see some police in multiple places in TN stopped two wheelers. It could be for usual license, insurance checks.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 19:42   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

No RTPCR report required for fully vaccinated people whose 2nd dose was 15 days or more before entering Maharashtra.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-screenshot_20210718192009.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 22:46   #1034
BHPian

If you’re travelling from Maharashtra to Madhya Pradesh or vice-versa, there appears to be no checking for e-Pass or RTPCR at this moment. I did a Mumbai-Bhopal round trip and returned yesterday. There’s no checking at the border.

To be specific, I exited via Palasner in Maharashtra and returned via Sendhwa in MP. It’s the same border basically—on the Mumbai-Indore route via Nasik.
Crow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 09:13   #1035
Senior - BHPian

TN e-Pass system is not letting to select any date from July 20th onwards, it is all greyed out. Not sure if TN is done away with it?

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-tn.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks