Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2021, 16:50   #1066
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
Thanks. Any news on if RTPCR is required between
No. Not required. Just E Pass is sufficient.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 4th August 2021 at 16:51.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 17:16   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
No. Not required. Just E Pass is sufficient.
Thanks. I just hope there wont be a new GO between now and weekend.
Old 4th August 2021, 17:34   #1068
BHPian

Planning to visit Bangalore this Saturday from Anantapur, AP.
Are there any weekend restrictions in Bangalore now?
Old 4th August 2021, 17:53   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Planning to visit Bangalore this Saturday from Anantapur, AP.
Are there any weekend restrictions in Bangalore now?
There are no restrictions/checking at present. Keep your eyes open for the interceptors, stationed between the Chikkaballapur turn-off and the airport.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 18:14   #1070
BHPian

Drove down from Chennai to Bangalore yesterday. At the Attibele toll there is checking ( I guess of RT-PCR) of KL and MH registered personal vehicles, while KA/TN registered ones were free to go This was even at 2:30 AM so am assuming it would be a lot more stringent during the day.

Looks like the third wave fears are definitely on. Not very long until all travel is restricted I suppose.
anandhsub is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 19:28   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
... there is checking ( I guess of RT-PCR) of KL and MH registered personal vehicles, while KA/TN registered ones were free to go
Do not understand this logic that people from Kerala and Maharashtra will travel only in KL & MH regn vehicles respectively. The fact is majority of travelers from Kerala to Karnataka will be in KA vehicles.
balenoed_ is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 20:23   #1072
BHPian

Yes. It is a very stupid decision. May be it makes sense in Kodagu or Mangalore for KL and in Belgaum for MH but definitely not in Attibele. Also now that TN has also made it manadatory at Wayalar no reason for any checking in Attibele.
Old 5th August 2021, 18:21   #1073
BHPian

Hey guys,
Hs anyone here travelled recently by air into Mumbai? I reqd RTPCR is required if u are not fully vaccinated. Is this the case?
Also, what is required for children below 10? Is an RTPCR also required for them?
Old 6th August 2021, 09:49   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
Update on BLR-Delhi (Gurgaon) Travel

Finished the trip yesterday

Route: BLR -> Hyderabad -> Nagpur -> Seoni -> Sagar -> Jhansi -> Gwalior -> Mathura -> KMP Peripheral Road -> Gurgaon

RT-PCR checking was only done in Maharashtra at Telanghana-Maharashtra border; although, the cop barely looked at it - it could very well have been any printout. The cop took a better look at RC and License and actually matched the car registration number.

Most of the highway till Sagar had largely excellent road surface and was basically deserted except for few trucks and I was confused if I missed from lock down or travel restriction advisory. Route after Sagar is a different matter though. People elsewhere on this forum weren't kidding about cattle on road and lack of road sense among jaywalkers and bikers. Watch out for grumpy and bored cows looking for some adventure on the road.

Also, look out for alloy wheel shattering pot holes before Nagpur.

Total Distance: 2160kms
Approx Fuel Consumption: 17.3kmpl (Hyundai Tucson GLS 4WD)
Night Stay: 1. Hyderabad 2. Nagpur 3. Jhansi

In retrospect, Hyderabad-Gurgaon could have been a two day affair by planning a stay in Sagar.

Happy to take questions, if any, about this route.

PS: Hyderabad to Sagar is absolutely stunning in this weather
And those cows would be mostly found once you are in Jhansi, UP. Too much for the cow protection.

I would not recommend staying in Sagar. I stayed on the outskirts of Jabalpur. Sagar though looks big on the map is a small town and so are the hotels. If you are traveling with a female better to avoid staying there, although going via Sagar is a shorter route.

Tucson giving better fuel economy than Rapid.

Last edited by ankitsharma : 6th August 2021 at 09:51.
Old 6th August 2021, 23:43   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Latest guidelines in Karnataka. Night curfew from 9pm to 5 am while weekend curfew on districts bordering MH and KL.

I also see that restaurants are only for takeaway and home delivery also for districts in weekend curfew.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-e8hkhsiuuaqvuhf.jpeg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-e8hkilnvuaic4jg.jpeg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-e8hkjgruuaaotnc.jpeg

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-e8hkk8xveaihtli.jpeg
Old 7th August 2021, 21:31   #1076

Namaste to one and all !

This is my first post and I am delighted to be a part of this community. Finally I am a BHPian ! Cheers to The Home of Indian Petrolheads!

I am posting a set of queries related to my upcoming road trip from Hyderabad (Telangana) to Veraval (Somnath, Gujarat) and back. We are a total of 5 people planning to travel in my Hyundai Verna 1.6 Petrol SXO Automatic Car with night halts at Pune (Maharashtra) and Baroda (Gujarat). As this road trip will have us drive through 3 states (Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat) and keeping into consideration the current Covid-19 situation/restrictions, I though it is best to post my plan and queries under the Interstate travel thread.

Below is the detailed day/date-wise travel plan that I have in my mind at the moment.

Day 1 - 13 August 2021 (Friday) - We plan to start from Hyderabad (Nallagandla) at 04:30AM and are aiming to reach Pune (Koregaon Park) by 04:00PM keeping into consideration food and fuel breaks. This will be the first leg of our road trip where me and my spouse will be driving from Hyderabad to Pune.

Day 2 - 14 August 2021 (Saturday) - We plan to start from Pune (Koregaon Park) by 05:00AM and reach Baroda (Gujarat) via Vapi (Gujarat) by 06:00PM keeping into consideration traffic at Vasai Creek, Surat, Bharuch and entry point of Baroda and obviously food / fuel breaks. This will be the second leg of our road trip where we will be adding 3 more passengers - 1 from Pune and 2 from Vapi. (my cousins)

Day 3 - 15 August 2021 (Sunday) - We plan to start from Baroda (Gujarat) by 11:00AM (after breakfast) and aim to reach Veraval (Gujarat) by night 09:00PM. Again keeping into consideration traffic, food and fuel breaks.

The return journey will be after a couple of weeks (28-29-30 August 2021) and it will be via the same route where we plan to have night halts at Baroda and Pune before we reach back to Hyderabad.

My understanding from the most recent rules in place for interstate road travel when entering Karnataka, Maharashtra and Gujarat from Telangana is that we will need negative RT-PCR test reports handy. (report timeline being 72 hours) We will have the reports ready so I am not worried about that unless restrictions tighten up.

My queries are as follows;

1) Any mandatory requirement that I need to follow/adhere to other than RT-PCR and car documents (Registration, Insurance, License and PUC).
2) Are 5 passengers allowed to travel in one car? Anything that I need to worry about here?
3) Good and clean pitstops for food and washroom breaks along the entire route mentioned above.
4) Bad road conditions and traffic congestions to look out for throughout this route.
5) Recommended Hotel stays along the highway before or after Baroda city.

Thanks in advance !
MilesHunter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha FZ 16 (2010-2012)
Bajaj Pulsar 220F (2012-2018)
Bajaj Dominar 400 (2018-Present)
Hyundai Verna 1.6 Petrol SXO Automatic (2019-Present)
Old 8th August 2021, 23:35   #1077
BHPian

I returned to Bangalore from Chennai today and crossed Attibele toll gate around 3:50PM, no one stopped me for any verification (My car registered in KA). Looks like all KA and TN registered cars can procced with no verification as of now. However, cops are keenly watching the vehicle number plates as we pass through the narrow strip at the check post.

I took TN e-pass during onwards journey to Chennai on 31st July 2021, but no verification after crossing Attibele toll gate. As cases are slowly increasing, authorities at both sides might reinstate restrictions but need to wait and watch.
glovins2004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 11:22   #1078
BHPian

One of my friend is travelling to bangalore from chennai this weekend and had queries on E-Pass requirement for travelling back to Chennai.

While applying for E-Pass in Chennai, it asks if I am visiting the state for Funeral or Marriage function. I don't see any other option besides this.

Hence I'd like check the requirement of E-pass to travel back to chennai (home state) from bangalore. Can someone guide me if e-pass is required to travel back to home state?
Old 11th August 2021, 11:45   #1079
UMe
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
I am planning to travel to Kerala via maakutta check post sometime next week, as the jagratha portal pass is mandatory, any information about how long does it take to receive the approval after registering in the jagratha portal? Or is auto-approved?
Additionally, is RTPCR negative report mandatory at kootupuzha check post ?
Old 11th August 2021, 12:31   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
Hi BHPians,
I am planning to travel to Kerala via maakutta check post sometime next week, as the jagratha portal pass is mandatory, any information about how long does it take to receive the approval after registering in the jagratha portal? Or is auto-approved?
Additionally, is RTPCR negative report mandatory at kootupuzha check post ?
Tha jagratha portal pass is auto-approved and instant. Just need to fill in the form and upload a supporting document (can be a fully vaccinated certificate or an RT PCR report) .

either an RT-PCR negative report or full vaccination certificate is mandatory according to Kerala govt directive, but as I hear, it is not being followed very religiously at Kootupuzha.

Also remember, till August 16, Kodagu district is under weekend lockdown, so travel through Kodagu may be restricted on weekends.
sandsun7 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks