Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2021, 11:26   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Does anyone have any update regarding Lansdowne?
I will be travelling from Noida, does UK have any covid travelling requirements?
I have the Epass, and one vaccination done.
UPDATE: Epass and Negative RTPCR mandatory on the border.
Old 1st September 2021, 11:37   #1142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
As per sources- 7 Days quarantine for those entering from Kerala.
Interesting, the newspapers today are carrying photos of people from one of those border districts (that are so worried about "covid from another state") in a mass gathering for a festival. Of course covid cannot spread in those conditions because, well as we all know now it checks nationality/state of origin/locality/address proof before spreading!
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 10:31   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Of course covid cannot spread in those conditions because, well as we all know now it checks nationality/state of origin/locality/address proof before spreading!
Also timing, it is inactive during workdays and becomes dangerous only during curfew timings...

It would be so great to have uniform travel guidelines across city/state/districts with clear process for documentation.

Currently it's a mess with every "enforcer" free to put their own interpretation to what is required.
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 16:50   #1144
BANNED

I am planning from Hyderabad to Varanasi this weekend. And wanted to check the requirement of epass or RT-PCR report between Telangana to MH, MH to MP and MP to UP.

Myself and my wife are double vaccinated. My kid is ~6 years. Should I just buy the covifind or coviself kit to get the report quickly? Will that work?
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:21   #1145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
Currently it's a mess with every "enforcer" free to put their own interpretation to what is required.
It's frankly a joke. And not a funny joke because it affects so many ordinary working people and students everyday. The government has now 'clarified' their position on institutional quarantine for travellers from a particular state. Apparently it is meant only for students and employees (and of course the onus is on the educational institutions and companies to provide facilities for quarantine). Reports on other threads of cars with in-state registration being allowed to pass borders even if they are coming from the those 'restricted' states! Such an amazing virus, it scans license plates too!

Some of these border districts have long had, much before covid, issues with "allowing" "outsiders" to cross into the state and seeking employment or enrollment in colleges. Pretty sure this situation is being used by the local politicians as an opportunity to make it harder for those people. With such unscientific and selective restrictions, it's certainly not doing anything to safeguard against virus spread. Wish the majority of people would call out these meaningless regulations, but most of us are also basically xenophobic and want to blame "outsiders" for all problems. I have a friend from one of these districts who needs to travel to the US and is upset about the international travel ban...but he's all for the restrictions his district has put in place preventing fellow Indians from freely crossing a state border! Most people don't even realize the double standards.

Mandate a nationwide RT-PCR negative test report or double vaccination certificate by all means when crossing state borders. But keep it uniform and end this institutional quarantine nonsense that anyway has so many gaps and exemptions which make it ineffective as a containment strategy.

Last edited by am1m : 2nd September 2021 at 17:41.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:55   #1146
BHPian

Update for those visiting Jammu by road- double vaccination certificate will suffice. No RTPCR rquired. RAT still happening at Jammu,Srinagar & Leh airports currently.
Old 6th September 2021, 12:39   #1147
BHPian

Need help in filling up the TN e-pass to travel to Coonoor.
There is a new column in the e - pass application : Travel reason document.
I have applied for an e pass thrice before and used it to travel to Coonoor, but this is a new requirement.
What do you fill in this ?
Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 13:17   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydtraveller View Post
Need help in filling up the TN e-pass to travel to Coonoor.
There is a new column in the e - pass application : Travel reason document.
I have applied for an e pass thrice before and used it to travel to Coonoor, but this is a new requirement.
What do you fill in this ?
Thanks
If the travel purpose is for death related, then you need to attach death certificate. If it is for property management, then you need to attach those property documents. I know we cannot have document for every reason. Some dumb move by the govt for asking document, but what I see, they are not strict. You can attach different document. As far as I know, it is not manually verified.
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 19:16   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Sep 4 2021, Saturday crossed into the TN side from KL side at walayar. They were funneling non commercial vehicles irrespective of registration to a separate lane. The police men was polite and requested for either rt=pcr or double vaccination certificate. Showed fully vaccinated certificate and they let me in.

on Sep 6, 2021, Monday crossed into KL from the TN side at walayar. There was minimal traffic at 6.30 in the morning. There was a TN registered terrano who pulled up to the side of the policemen and I followed behind. Few KL vehicles just went passed without stopping. The policeman approached me and even before I showed the entry pass, he just waved me, asking me to go.
Old 7th September 2021, 12:05   #1150
BHPian

Did a Pune - Hyderabad round trip between 5-6 September. No covid check anywhere. I was asked twice to show car papers, once at Indapur and then after crossing MH-KA border.

No checking during return leg. (might be due to rain throughout).
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 12:19   #1151
Senior - BHPian

I was returning back to Bangalore from
Coimbatore last Sunday. Around 10 am or so, I hit the border just after Germalam, more like a forest checkpost point.

Saw a Creta stopped. I honked once to get their attention and I was asked to come out of the car and was asked for an RTPCR report. They showed me a banner which said that an RTPCR is mandatory to enter KA from TN and I was very politely told that I can return back or try my luck at the CR Nagar border.

I asked them to show me the government order, they refused. I asked the three of them at the check post on why they were not wearing masks and they disregarded that. I showed them my vaccination certificate and they were not interested. I also said that the GO on RTPCR mandate was for vehicles coming from KL and MH into KA, they didn’t want to hear that.

Just then, a bolero truck with loaded vegetables, and three occupants with a TN regn number pulled up to the check post. The driver got down, pulled a 50 rupees note and he was let by. I acted as though I was taking a video of this, which one of those 3 guys saw.

Right then, there were 7-8 local villagers who calmly walked across from TN side into the KA side and they were not asked for anything.

There was a mini bus with 15-20 people inside that was let through. All along I waited with an action of me filming all these.

I then faked a call to my friend asking for the CR Nagar DC name and details and a little loudly said that the check post is corrupt and I got videos with proof.

This worked. They came down to the road, requested that I delete the video and said that I am free to go.

A very strange experience indeed.
jkrishnakj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 12:24   #1152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
A very strange experience indeed.
How much more proof do people need before they realize that none of these stupid regulations/restrictions are going to do anything to control covid, but are going to cause misery to ordinary people and provide more avenues for official corruption?!

Pity the poor businesses/restaurants in cities now that the state governments have given the local authorities the go-ahead to conduct 'covid checks'.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 13:00   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Exactly right am1m. Each district collector are passing their own controls and creating a mess.

The Hosur border is such a mess. There is no checking but the place is full of barricades and the lanes are singular now. What they achieve is anyone’s guess.

And then, at each town crossing, there are barricades that are very haphazard and sometimes placed across curves as well. There is always the feeling that someone might have an accident in such places.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 19:52   #1154
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

"I need to show that I am doing a stellar job in keeping covid away from my state, can't be bothered with the veracity or logic behind what I am doing, as long as I am doing something, to show my bosses/media that I am in charge" ..

a.k.a

"I will do such things, because I can".

Classic, stereotypical, govt employee showcasing of power in play. Prevalent all over india, why single out some collector of a TN district ? State CMs are doing the same.
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 19:40   #1155
BHPian

I am driving from Delhi to Nainital on Tuesday Sep 14th. I read the travel guidelines, and also checked with the hotel in Nainital where I will be staying.

Apparently, at the border, Covid vaccinations report for both doses will be needed(no need of RT-PCR if vaccinated) and e-pass also. According to the hotel staff when I phoned them up, e-pass is checked at random at the border and that some of their hotel customers are arriving with it and others don't have it.

So for the e-pass I registered on the web portal today and I got a PDF receipt which said thank your application is now registered, and an application number.

Does anyone know when the e-pass is approved and sent after the application is registered? I am hoping that I receive it before my travel on Tuesday, with 3 days to go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks