Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 12:17   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Dear Friends,

We are planning a road trip to Himachal Pradesh from Kochi on October 1st which is just 2 weeks away.

I am given to understand that most states started accepting vaccination completion certificates to allow entry or transit for travellers. Few still does antigen test in the borders which can also be avoided if there is a valid RTPCR certificate within past 72 hours.

it would be really helpful if someone can update the present formalities in various states. Below are the borders we need to cross.

1) Walayar (Tamil Nadu) - Vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
2) Hosur (Karnataka) - RTPCR result / Antigen test as per latest update
3) Bagepally (Andra Pradesh) - Vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
4) Kurnool (Telengana) - vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
5) Pimpari (Maharashtra) - Status unknown
6) Khawasa (Madhya Pradesh) - Status unknown
7) Mahrauni range transit (Uttar Pradesh) - Status unknown
8) Chambal transit (Rajastan) - Status unknown
9) Saiyan (Uttar Pradesh) - Status Unknown
10) (Haryana) - Status unknown
11) Ambala (Punjab) - Status unknown
12) Kalka (Himachal Pradesh) - Status unknown
jacs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 08:51   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
6) Khawasa (Madhya Pradesh) - Status unknown
7) Mahrauni range transit (Uttar Pradesh) - Status unknown
9) Saiyan (Uttar Pradesh) - Status Unknown
We crossed UP/MP border multiple times this weekend and did not see any checks happening on the ground at all.

Having said that, this may be specific to the area we crossed, so better to be prepared with at least the vaccination certificate.

Can confirm that this was not a "locals exempted" effect as we were driving KA and MH registered vehicles and saw multiple other state vehicles(CH, DL, GJ, HR etc.) going around similarly without any hold ups.
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 12:28   #1158
BHPian

I am planning to go to Bangalore tomorrow morning and back to TN via Attibelle on Sunday. I have both doses of Vaccination. Do I still need to get RTPCR negative certificate to enter KA or TN?

P.s I will be travelling on a KA registered car.
Old 17th September 2021, 12:40   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I am planning to go to Bangalore tomorrow morning and back to TN via Attibelle on Sunday. I have both doses of Vaccination. Do I still need to get RTPCR negative certificate to enter KA or TN?

P.s I will be travelling on a KA registered car.
No need for RTPCR. Carry vaccination certificate just in case. Just TN e-pass is enough to enter TN. Even that was not checked anywhere when I went to Vellore and Coimbatore (2 separate trips in Sept-2021) from Bangalore.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 19:53   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
No need for RTPCR. Carry vaccination certificate just in case. Just TN e-pass is enough to enter TN. Even that was not checked anywhere when I went to Vellore and Coimbatore (2 separate trips in Sept-2021) from Bangalore.
But entering KA from other states?

Heard RTPCR within last 72 hours was asked else instant antigen test.

Please confirm.
Old 17th September 2021, 21:30   #1161
BHPian

I am planning a day trip to Pondy from TN - is e-Pass required both ways? Any body done recently please?
Old 17th September 2021, 21:38   #1162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
I am planning a day trip to Pondy from TN - is e-Pass required both ways? Any body done recently please?
None whatsoever. We travelled during 28-29 August.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 21:39   #1163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
None whatsoever. We travelled during 28-29 August.
Thanks, did you have an epass just in case? Planning to go with family, just wanted to make sure
Old 18th September 2021, 08:53   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
But entering KA from other states?

Heard RTPCR within last 72 hours was asked else instant antigen test.

Please confirm.
During one of my returns to KA from TN, at Attibele toll plaza (TN-KA border), vehicles with KL & MH registration plates were waved into the side (possibly for RT-PCR check) while other vehicles, particularly KA ones, were let through without any checks. Since mine is a KA registered car, I did not have to stop.
Hope this helps.
Old 19th September 2021, 06:56   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Thanks, did you have an epass just in case? Planning to go with family, just wanted to make sure
So I found out, nobody asked anything, think TN-Pondy is exempted for epass. i didnt take one
Old 19th September 2021, 12:39   #1166
BHPian

I went to Bangalore yesterday and returned to TN today. I crossed Attibelle (KA-TN border) around 11.15AM yesterday and there were no police / police checks in KA side.

While returning, I see 4-5 police in TN side, but none of the vehicles were stopped. There were all having torch and pointing towards the vehicles but not sure what exactly they checked. I crossed the TN border around 5.45AM today morning.

I had a TN e - pass and two dose vaccination certificate while on travel.

Last edited by amvj : 19th September 2021 at 12:42.
Old 20th September 2021, 18:53   #1167
BHPian

Will be travelling from Kolkata to Hyderabad this Friday. Plan to make it in one-go without any night halts, hence will be driving throughout night. Will be alone. At night hours would be passing through AP. Any idea if night curfews are applicable on highways especially on transit passenger vehicles. Double dose received.
Old 20th September 2021, 21:16   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks, few months back I had posted a query here asking what would be the criteria for people travelling who are vaccinated abroad. I am right now back to India and have couple of long drives coming up. I have had both the vaccination jabs but in UK (Pfizer) and would need to cross the state border for my trips. Are the vaccination certificates from UK valid or should I carry RT PCR test reports?
Old 21st September 2021, 07:10   #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Hi Folks, few months back I had posted a query here asking what would be the criteria for people travelling who are vaccinated abroad. I am right now back to India and have couple of long drives coming up. I have had both the vaccination jabs but in UK (Pfizer) and would need to cross the state border for my trips. Are the vaccination certificates from UK valid or should I carry RT PCR test reports?
Karnataka is probably the only state which insists for rtpcr if coming by road( from Maharashtra or Kerala, or by a vehicle registered in these states). In all other states, the authorities are satisfied with a fully vaccinated certification.
Biju Paul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 10:26   #1170
BHPian

At night hours would be passing through AP. Any idea if night curfews are applicable on highways especially on transit passenger vehicles. Double dose received.[/quote]

Wanderer, Night curfew is technically on but is not being enforced at all. On highways it has not been enforced right from the time of imposition of night curfew. So you are safe to drive in AP. AP and Telangana do not check for vaccinations.
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks