Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2021, 16:13   #1186
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks, that is very useful information, we will get RTPCR done for the little one
Warning:
Some of the nurses who deal with RT-PCR checks are not so gentle. Now I have taken 4 tests and some of them do it very harshly. It is very painful. It makes the eyes water for the adults. You certainly don't want someone to screw your little one's nose.

EDIT: Just now seen your previous post. Its your sister's daughter. Please ask them to take it first and then may be for their daughter. I traveled with my 5 yr old son to TN, KL and never taken any RT-PCR report for him.

Last edited by amvj : 28th September 2021 at 16:19.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 16:41   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Warning:
Some of the nurses who deal with RT-PCR checks are not so gentle. Now I have taken 4 tests and some of them do it very harshly. It is very painful. It makes the eyes water for the adults. You certainly don't want someone to screw your little one's nose.

EDIT: Just now seen your previous post. Its your sister's daughter. Please ask them to take it first and then may be for their daughter. I traveled with my 5 yr old son to TN, KL and never taken any RT-PCR report for him.
Thanks for the tip, but they both are double vaccinated and may not need an RTPCR. We are planning to use a home swab collection facility that I have used in the past and the guy was sort of gentle
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 21:20   #1188

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Dear Friends,

We are planning a road trip to Himachal Pradesh from Kochi on October 1st which is just 2 weeks away.

I am given to understand that most states started accepting vaccination completion certificates to allow entry or transit for travellers. Few still does antigen test in the borders which can also be avoided if there is a valid RTPCR certificate within past 72 hours.

it would be really helpful if someone can update the present formalities in various states. Below are the borders we need to cross.

1) Walayar (Tamil Nadu) - Vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
2) Hosur (Karnataka) - RTPCR result / Antigen test as per latest update
3) Bagepally (Andra Pradesh) - Vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
4) Kurnool (Telengana) - vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
5) Pimpari (Maharashtra) - Status unknown
6) Khawasa (Madhya Pradesh) - Status unknown
7) Mahrauni range transit (Uttar Pradesh) - Status unknown
8) Chambal transit (Rajastan) - Status unknown
9) Saiyan (Uttar Pradesh) - Status Unknown
10) (Haryana) - Status unknown
11) Ambala (Punjab) - Status unknown
12) Kalka (Himachal Pradesh) - Status unknown
We have just crossed into Uttarakhand from UP this evening.
From Kottayam to Ramnagar uttarakhand, the only place where we were asked whether we have a vaccination Certificate is at Walayar. They didn't even look at it.
We chose not to go via Hosur because of the negative feedback on treatment of KL registered vehicles at Attebelle. We took Vellore Kadapa route to Kurnool.
No police check at AP, Maharashtra MP(twice), UP (twice) and UK borders.
Maybe my white head and salt and pepper of my wife were also factors..
(Road from Lalitpur to Agra is damaged and is getting patched)
Hope this may help you in your ensuing trip.
Biju Paul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 21:22   #1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Dear Friends,

We are planning a road trip to Himachal Pradesh from Kochi on October 1st which is just 2 weeks away.

I am given to understand that most states started accepting vaccination completion certificates to allow entry or transit for travellers. Few still does antigen test in the borders which can also be avoided if there is a valid RTPCR certificate within past 72 hours.

it would be really helpful if someone can update the present formalities in various states. Below are the borders we need to cross.

1) Walayar (Tamil Nadu) - Vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
2) Hosur (Karnataka) - RTPCR result / Antigen test as per latest update
3) Bagepally (Andra Pradesh) - Vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
4) Kurnool (Telengana) - vaccination Certificate accepted as per the latest update
5) Pimpari (Maharashtra) - Status unknown
6) Khawasa (Madhya Pradesh) - Status unknown
7) Mahrauni range transit (Uttar Pradesh) - Status unknown
8) Chambal transit (Rajastan) - Status unknown
9) Saiyan (Uttar Pradesh) - Status Unknown
10) (Haryana) - Status unknown
11) Ambala (Punjab) - Status unknown
12) Kalka (Himachal Pradesh) - Status unknown
We have just crossed into Uttarakhand from UP this evening.
From Kottayam to Ramnagar uttarakhand, the only place where we were asked whether we have a vaccination Certificate was at Walayar. They didn't even look at it.
We chose not to go via Hosur because of the negative feedback on treatment of KL registered vehicles at Attebelle. We took Vellore ,Kadapa route to Kurnool.
No police check at AP, Maharashtra MP(twice), UP (twice) and UK borders.
We crossed Kurnool and Pench borders early in the morning, before sunrise..
Maybe my white head and salt and pepper of my wife were also factors..
(Road from Lalitpur to Agra is damaged and is getting patched)
Hope this may help you in your ensuing trip.
Old 30th September 2021, 10:44   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Re: Traffic and life on the road in Chennai

Do we need a vaccine passport and/or negative PCR test report to enter inside and fly out of Chennai airport? This is for departure from the international terminal. TIA for anyone who can give some updated info. Unfortunately, I couldn't find credible info online.

Edit: I understand we need negative PCR report for transit airports abroad. My query is only related to requirements flying out of Chennai

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 30th September 2021 at 10:45.
Old 30th September 2021, 13:09   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Re: Traffic and life on the road in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Do we need a vaccine passport and/or negative PCR test report to enter inside and fly out of Chennai airport?
The restrictions are based on the destination.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 09:59   #1192
BHPian

I have an appointment at Chennai hospital and will be flying from Bangalore. Might return by flight within 2-3 days. Any idea if there are any test requirements/mandatory quarantine needs etc?
I see the query above but that is about international travel from Chennai.
Old 4th October 2021, 10:09   #1193
BHPian

Does anyone has had recent experience travelling from KA-Goa and back. We are a family of 4 with two kids under 10 and plan to travel coming weekend. What is the real life experience on travelling from Karnataka to Goa for unvaccinated kids? If possible, I would want to avoid kids getting RT-PCR done.
Old 4th October 2021, 10:20   #1194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Does anyone has had recent experience travelling from KA-Goa and back. We are a family of 4 with two kids under 10 and plan to travel coming weekend. What is the real life experience on travelling from Karnataka to Goa for unvaccinated kids? If possible, I would want to avoid kids getting RT-PCR done.
Bangalore Goa thread will have all the latest answers.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5151125 (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)

Vaccination certificate, and mostly for adults should do. Kids aren't being asked for RTPCR.
Old 5th October 2021, 17:12   #1195
BHPian

Is E-Pass still required to go to Andhra Pradesh/Odisha from Bangalore and back by road in own vehicle. Can any one share the correct websites, google throws up so many sites and lot of information seems stale. Thanks
samsan02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 07:18   #1196

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Is E-Pass still required to go to Andhra Pradesh/Odisha from Bangalore and back by road in own vehicle. Can any one share the correct websites, google throws up so many sites and lot of information seems stale. Thanks
For KA/AP and vice versa, none required.
Do not know about Orissa.
Old 10th October 2021, 07:42   #1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biju Paul View Post
I am contemplating a trip from Kottayam/Coimbatore to Ramnagar (uttarakhand) with my wife in the last week of September on our diesel SCross 2017.
We are vaccinated and at 60 and 55, are fairly reasonable drivers, but have not gone for long drives( 500+per day) in the past 5 years. The plan is to start from Coimbatore on 25th or 26th morning to reach ramnagar by 29th evening.
The proposed route is Kottayam- Coimbatore-Hosur-Devanahalli- Hyderabad- Nagpur- Sagar-Gwalior-Agra-Moradabad- Ramnagar.
With farmers agitation on 25th and restrictions on entry restrictions for people and vehicles belonging to KL into Karnataka, we were thinking of avoiding Karnataka and traveling via Vellore to join the route at Kurnool. In another thread, I have read that the roads from Nagpur to Gwalior is pretty damaged recently.
Esteemed members may please give their valuable inputs and suggestions on route, stay, food and any other issue which may be of help in our travel.
Our vehicle is of Oct'17, 56k, and serviced by Nexa only.
Just completed a 15 day trip from Kottayam to Joshimath and back covering 8 states. The only place where we were asked to show rtpcr report was near karnaprayag, as the authorities were screening people going to Badrinath. I told them that I have no intention to go to Badrinath and would willingly take an rtpcr if they can get me a Darshan epass(which was full on the day it was opened).
No further questions asked throughout our trip, expect at Walayar where they.asked whether we are fully vaccinated. When answered in tha affirmative, they didn't even look at the Certificate and waved us through.
Even Karnataka has relaxed the entry restrictions..
Biju Paul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 09:54   #1198
BHPian

Hi all,

What are the guidelines for travelling to KA from MH? We'll be flying to Bangalore from Mumbai. Both of us are fully vaccinated.
Old 11th October 2021, 17:54   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Hi all,

What are the guidelines for travelling to KA from MH? We'll be flying to Bangalore from Mumbai. Both of us are fully vaccinated.
For all travellers coming to KA from MH (even by flight), RT-PCR is compulsory, irrespective of your vaccination status.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 15:20   #1200
BHPian

What is the current rule for travelling between Maharashtra - Gujrat?

We shall be travelling from Maharashtra to Gujrat and return Gujrat - Daman - Maharashtra.

One traveler is single vaccinated while rest are fully vaccinated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks