Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 16:55   #121
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Lets see if Central Govt does anything for this violation .
The problem is that the daily case count is rising at an alarming rate. We seem to be heading towards more lockdowns. Therefore the central government might not push it as much. Still, i am hopeful.
Old 3rd July 2020, 17:40   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
Lets see if Central Govt does anything for this violation, I have tried to apply the pass this morning on TN site, as usual it got rejected.
You had mentioned that your TN epass application got rejected multiple times. What was the reason/category you specified in your application for your travel? Did you try different options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
The problem is that the daily case count is rising at an alarming rate. We seem to be heading towards more lockdowns. Therefore the central government might not push it as much. Still, i am hopeful.
I too have the same feeling. With the way count is increasing in major cities, govts might be forced to impose more lockdowns/restrictions. But, lockdown is not the only solution to reduce the count. Unfortunately, govts are focusing more on the lockdowns and less on the other aspects.

I still don't understand the logic behind complete lockdown on Sundays and nights! How will it help in reducing the count?
Vin@y is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 11:42   #123
BHPian

Does anyone know if UP’s border with Haryana is open? Can a person travel from Delhi to Noida via Gurgaon and then Eastern Peripheral Expressway into UP?
Old 4th July 2020, 13:09   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know if UP’s border with Haryana is open? Can a person travel from Delhi to Noida via Gurgaon and then Eastern Peripheral Expressway into UP?

Of course, barring few states like HP & Uttrakhand you can go anywhere. Even in these 2 states, movement is allowed but there are some Quarantine requirements. None for UP or Harayana.
Old 4th July 2020, 15:13   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Of course, barring few states like HP & Uttrakhand you can go anywhere. Even in these 2 states, movement is allowed but there are some Quarantine requirements. None for UP or Harayana.
My question was in light of the fact that the UP border at Noida continues to be closed coming from Delhi side. I wanted to know if the UP border with Haryana is open so that one can take a long detour via Haryana if one needs to come into UP from Delhi.
Old 4th July 2020, 15:30   #126
BHPian

Quote:
The cases have been on raise and will be on raise, I don't think that easing on weekdays and imposing 100% lockdown on of the days will do anything better. Not sure of the purpose for locking down on Sundays.

If that's the case, then inter state travel shouldn't be restricted during weekdays at least.
Old 4th July 2020, 15:35   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My question was in light of the fact that the UP border at Noida continues to be closed coming from Delhi side.
It's open with Delhi as well as per multiple guys. Although news websites are different. We are planning a morning bike trip from Gurgaon to Jewar via Delhi tomorrow and can update first hand. All highways are open as well.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 15:43   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It's open with Delhi as well as per multiple guys. Although news websites are different. We are planning a morning bike trip from Gurgaon to Jewar via Delhi tomorrow and can update first hand. All highways are open as well.
Please do update. I will keenly wait for it. Hope you have a fun ride.
Old 4th July 2020, 18:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting today's experience from TN to KA (Chennai to Bangalore) inter state travel experience.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4837409 (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries)

-Ravi
Old 5th July 2020, 11:05   #130
BHPian

Following is our experience of traveling from Puducherry to Bangalore yesterday (4-Jul-20).

Started from our home near Puducherry border at 7:37 AM. While crossing PY-TN border at Madagadipet, they didn't bother to stop us at the checkpost.

There were checkposts and policemen in multiple locations, especially in the district borders and entry/exit of big towns. None of them bothered to stop us and it saved us some time.

While entering NH38 at Kannamangalam from Arani, we were stopped at the checkpost. The moment we showed our TN transit epass, they let us proceed without even checking the details.

After crossing Pallikonda Toll, we were stopped at the checkpost before Madhanur on NH48. Here they checked the details in the TN transit epass and even ensured that only the registered no. of people are traveling.

There was another major checkpost while entering Krishnagiri district. They too didn't stop us.

We entered TN-KA border at Attibele around 2 PM. I was mentally prepared for the wrong side parking based on the experiences shared by fellow BHPians. We directly went to the Home Quarantine counter. They verified our Seva Sindhu registration (epass), did the stamping on our hands and let us go. There was not even temperature checking It took around 15 minutes to complete this process.

I don't understand why they have arranged for parking at the wrong side (KA-TN side) even though there is ample space available near the checking counters (TN-KA side) itself It is risky to cross the road (multiple lanes) twice by walk and twice by car.

After crossing the Attibele Toll, we hit the normal Bangalore traffic and reached our home at around 4 PM.

NOTE: I have focused only on the epass and checking aspects in this post. I will capture the other aspects of our travel in another post and cross-post it in another thread.
Old 5th July 2020, 11:45   #131
BHPian

We took the following route from Puducherry to Bangalore yesterday:

Madagadipet - Gingee (bypassed Villupuram) - Arani - Pallikonda (bypassed Vellore) - Krishnagiri - Hosur - Bangalore.

In villages and towns, it was business as usual. People were moving around and there was usual traffic. Only the NH stretch between Pallikonda and Krishnagiri had less traffic. Usual traffic started from Krishnagiri onwards and reached its peak in Bangalore.

Almost all the restaurants on the NH48 from Pallikonda to Hosur were closed. Hardly one or two restaurants were open and they were giving parcel only. Small tea shops were open though. As we approached closer to Hosur, we could see cars parked on few restaurants. Not sure whether they are giving parcel only or allowing dine in.

We had our home-packed lunch near a stream next to Dakshina Tirupathi temple. We saw few cars and people visiting this place for site-seeing/picnic/lunch. We can visit this spot for home-packed food breaks until it becomes popular!
Old 5th July 2020, 17:32   #132
BHPian

I will be traveling to Mumbai from Delhi. As researched no E pass required in Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujrat but to be on the safer side Took the E pass for Maharashtra.

Plan is

Day 1 Delhi - Surat
Day 2 Surat - Navi Mumbai (finish the work) - Surat
Day 3 Surat - Delhi.

Will update in detail once i complete the journey, Any suggestions or inputs regarding the border situation or route is welcome.
Old 5th July 2020, 18:47   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
I will be traveling to Mumbai from Delhi. As researched no E pass required in Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujrat but to be on the safer side Took the E pass for Maharashtra.

Plan is

Day 1 Delhi - Surat
Day 2 Surat - Navi Mumbai (finish the work) - Surat
Day 3 Surat - Delhi.

Will update in detail once i complete the journey, Any suggestions or inputs regarding the border situation or route is welcome.
Did Mumbai to Jaipur recently. Turned out to be a charming drive, given the context. I was traveling with a 1 yr old and so tool it slower.

Stopped at Surat for a longish break after starting from Mumbai at 3. Wasn't stopped at the border but was stopped while entering Surat. The cops asked my purpose but nothing else.

Was stopped again while entering Udaipur (I reached after 9, given the many stops we took to ensure the baby was able to stretch out of the car seat, wall around etc.). Rajasthan has full curfew so entering cities for food or even help would not work. The road and traffic are pretty awesome except for a small stretch between Shamlaji-Udaipur where 6-laning work makes difficult to drive particularly at night (poor road markings, multiple places where ongoing construction combines with poor visibility due to oncoming traffic and turns). Quite a few dhabas and pumps open along the way.

The route: Mumbai-Surat-Vadodara-Godhra-Modasa-Shamlaji-Udaipur-Nathdwara-Beawar-Ajmer-Jaipur

The Nathdwara to Ajmer portion is a wide 2-lane but the best stretch of the drive. Scenic, very little traffic and awesome driver's with curvey country roads.
Annibaddh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 20:07   #134
Senior - BHPian

I have a query regarding our unskilled labours who live in Salotagi village, Indi Sub-District, Vijaypura District (Karnataka).

We want to summon 8-10 labours from above place to work at MSEDCL substations in different subdistricts of Solapur District (Maharashtra).

They would be entering Maharashtra through NH52 near Dhulked.

As already mentioned by few bhpians and Karnataka State website as well, No Epass is required for travelling out of Karnataka. But what about Entry in Maharashtra State.

Our work is in different Sub-Districts in Solapur District only.

Is it mandatory to quarantine them for 14 days after entering Maharashtra?

The time duration of work at the substations would range from 1-2 days to 10-15days depending on the balance work to be completed at that particular substation.

It is not possible to quarantine them at each substation they would work before they start the work at that substation. It would lead to financial loss for us.

What if the locals complain to the local police station about new people (that too out-of-state) staying at the substation?

Please guide in this matter.
Old 6th July 2020, 10:50   #135

I drove from Bangalore to Nagpur on 26th June with my wife, her sister and our 3 year old. I took the Bangalore->Hyderabad->Nagpur route, passing through Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. I had a Seva Sindhu pass from Karnataka, but it wasn't looked at anywhere.
I was stopped while entering Andhra Pradesh at the border, and was asked to show my Aadhaar card (to check if address is within Andhra I guess), but was allowed to pass thorough without any further hurdles.
Telangana was transparent, and no checks while entering or leaving the state.
At Maharashtra, again I was asked where I was going, and upon telling Nagpur, they noted down my vehicle number, name and phone number.
We've now completed 10 days at Nagpur, and all of us are doing well. Although we declared at Karnataka through Seva Sindhu, and at Maharashtra border, nobody followed up to ensure if we are home quarantined or not.

On the drive side, it was a 1120 km drive. We started at 6:20 AM from Bangalore home and reached at 8:30 PM at Nagpur. I have a few photos and videos from my dashcam, which I will upload in a few days.
Regards,
Abhishek
abhishek.vnit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed