Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2022, 19:08   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walker View Post
I need to travel from Pondicherry back to Bangalore on 23rd Jan (Sunday). The weekend curfew in KA is declared only till 19th Jan, but if it gets extended will I be able to enter Bangalore.

Anyone travelled interstate during the weekend curfew, please advice.
There was no mention about prohibiting inter-state travel and also there is a specific circular on 7th Jan stating "tourists with valid stay proof can travel travel in the weekends" as well.
I am not sure what is your car registration plate, but to avoid any hassle in Attibelle whatsoever just incase, and since you are coming from Pondy to Bangalore, i suggest you take Arcot, Ranipet, Chittoor, Palamaner-Mulbagal-Bangalore route. You wont get stopped. Time your entry into KA post 9 pm, so you should be fine.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 16th January 2022 at 19:09.
Old 16th January 2022, 20:56   #1352
BHPian

Dear Tribe,

I am travelling to Bhubaneswar from Bangalore next week:
Day-1: Bangalore - Tirupati - Vijayawada
Day-2: Vijayawada - Vishakhapatnam
Day-3: Vishakhapatnam - Bhubaneswar

Please help with the following questions:
1. Any restrictions on Inter-State Travel?
2. Is RT-PCR test Mandatory? We are Double Vaccinated.
3. Is e-pass required?

As per ICMR latest guidelines, no RT-PCR negative certificate is needed, but can someone confirm if that is needed in AP, Telangana and Odisha?

Kindly Guide ASAP!
Old 16th January 2022, 21:21   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIL2_HGi10 View Post
Dear Tribe,

3. Is e-pass required?

As per ICMR latest guidelines, no RT-PCR negative certificate is needed, but can someone confirm if that is needed in AP, Telangana and Odisha?

Kindly Guide ASAP!
Any specific reason why you want to have 3 day journey (two stopovers). Vijayawada to Bhubaneswar is easily doable in a day. Sheer waste of time both on day 2 & 3 unless you have some work @ either Vijayawada or Vizag.

I do Hyderabad <-> Bhubaneswar pretty frequently. I have done multiple single day drives (usually takes between 16-17 hours). Usually though we start in the evening and stay @ Vijayawada (4-5 hours) and drive the rest next day.

We did Bhubaneswar to Hyderabad couple of weeks back and there were no checks either on AP or TS border. Keep your vaccine certificates and that should do good.

There is restriction on night curfew post 10 PM which should not be an issue as you would not be driving in the night much.
nibedk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 21:31   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Tribe,

3. Is e-pass required?

Kindly Guide ASAP!
my friend travelled through all these states last week and they didn't ask for anywhere neither there was any stoppage while crossing these states. In fact, his destination was Meghalaya and except Meghalaya, none of the states had any sort of checking.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 22:22   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walker View Post
The weekend curfew in KA is declared only till 19th Jan, but if it gets extended will I be able to enter Bangalore.
Weekend curfew was already extended till end of January.
Old 17th January 2022, 08:17   #1356
BHPian

Dear BHPians

I'm traveling from Hyd to Bhopal tomorrow with wife and 2 kids (1 and 8). I'll cross MH and MP border. Has anyone done this trip recently? Any requirement of Negative RT-PCR report? What about for kids?
Old 17th January 2022, 10:51   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
Any specific reason why you want to have 3 day journey (two stopovers). Vijayawada to Bhubaneswar is easily doable in a day. Sheer waste of time both on day 2 & 3 unless you have some work @ either Vijayawada or Vizag.

I do Hyderabad <-> Bhubaneswar pretty frequently. I have done multiple single day drives (usually takes between 16-17 hours). Usually though we start in the evening and stay @ Vijayawada (4-5 hours) and drive the rest next day.

We did Bhubaneswar to Hyderabad couple of weeks back and there were no checks either on AP or TS border. Keep your vaccine certificates and that should do good.

There is restriction on night curfew post 10 PM which should not be an issue as you would not be driving in the night much.

Thank you for your revert; as I am travelling with senior citizens and 6 year old kids; I am keeping it a little low intense. Plus I do not like to drive beyond 100 kmph.

The situation has drastically evolved in the last few weeks, hence I am looking for the latest inputs, which I am aware is practically difficult to predict.

Yes, you are right, I will not be driving post 10 PM and before 5 AM so am sorted on the Night Curfew part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
my friend travelled through all these states last week and they didn't ask for anywhere neither there was any stoppage while crossing these states. In fact, his destination was Meghalaya and except Meghalaya, none of the states had any sort of checking.
Thank you for your inputs.
Yes, my friend too travelled in the 1st week of January without any restrictions.
I am nervous with the latest developments.

Thank you yet again fellow BHPians for the immediate revert, as always.
I shall look out for any further inputs on the same from any more recent traveler.

Best Regards,
Old 17th January 2022, 11:51   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
Dear BHPians

I'm traveling from Hyd to Bhopal tomorrow with wife and 2 kids (1 and 8). I'll cross MH and MP border. Has anyone done this trip recently? Any requirement of Negative RT-PCR report? What about for kids?
Hello,
I found the following sources:
IRCTC Website: https://contents.irctc.co.in/en/stateWiseAdvisory.html
RedBus Website: https://m.redbus.in/covid-passenger-guidelines
You have State Specific Websites as well; example: https://www.redbus.in/information/ma...-covid-updates

As per this - ePass and RT-PCR Testing is required for entry into Maharashtra.

Hope this helps.

Happy Journey!
Old 17th January 2022, 15:57   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your revert; as I am travelling with senior citizens and 6 year old kids; I am keeping it a little low intense. Plus I do not like to drive beyond 100 kmph.

The situation has drastically evolved in the last few weeks, hence I am looking for the latest inputs, which I am aware is practically difficult to predict.

Yes, you are right, I will not be driving post 10 PM and before 5 AM so am sorted on the Night Curfew part.

Best Regards,
Would still want you to reconsider. As mentioned earlier I did this stretch recently and took around 12 hrs. I never exceeded 100 kmph and the stretch returned an average of 65 kmph and 20 kmpl.

Just take the Anakapalle bypass and you should be all sorted. First day you are anyway doing around 660 kms and another additional 100 kms the next day should be easily doable (770 kms).

Last few times I have been doing this stretch in one go (HYD to BBSR) to avoid staying in hotels.

With the daily Covid numbers hovering around 6 K around during mid of Dec we did a trip to WB & NE and drove leisurely. Contracted Covid and infected another half a dozen. After avoiding it for last 18 months Covid finally caught up with us.

Would suggest you to keep night break over to the minimum. This virus is here to stay and is surely going infect everyone on this planet. Trust me last 3 weeks were horrible. A total of 8 infected and couple requiring hospitilization. I too would should have been in hospital but for the initial tests returning -ve. I finally tested positive but the hard part was already done. Infected few more in the family and went through all the pain thinking its just fever.
Old 20th January 2022, 11:32   #1360
BHPian

Travelled from Goa to Pune yesterday via Belgaum, KA. Was stopped at Anmod ghat entry for RT PCR report. Did not had any. I was asked my destination which was Pune. And then was asked the double dose status.
Then the luggage was checked for any alcohol and we were let to enter.
No checks were there at KA-MH border while entering MH. The other side was a different story though. Huge pile up of vehicles. Not sure if RT PCR report was being checked.

Will be travelling to Gujarat tomorrow and then passing through Rajasthan. Any ideas for these states on the guidelines ?
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 18:02   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Weekend curfew was already extended till end of January.

Karnataka Govt ends weekend curfew
Old 23rd January 2022, 09:43   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcoolhand View Post
Dear BHPians

I did a Hyd to Bhopal last week. Not even a single policeman to check papers or anything. 1600 done on RT-PCR gone to waste but it's alright. Got speed challan at Nirmal bypass. Roads are smooth as butter for most parts. Did entire stretch in 13 hrs with stops.
Old 23rd January 2022, 09:45   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Will be travelling to Gujarat tomorrow and then passing through Rajasthan. Any ideas for these states on the guidelines ?
I have to go to Noida next week from Bhopal and will cross Raj and UP border, any info would be much appreciated.
Old 23rd January 2022, 11:54   #1364
BHPian

Did a quick Bangalore-Mumbai-Bangalore road trip. Started from Vijaya Bank layout on 19th Jan at 6.45 AM and reached Mumbai Renaissance hotel Powai at 9.30 PM same day and no checking anywhere on my way.
I had done my RT-PCR on 18th Jan and since the validity of the report was 72 hours from time of sample collection which would be 9.30 AM 21st Jan,i decided to pass the border on 20th night itself. So left Renaissance hotel at 4 PM and crossed the border at about 11.45 PM and stayed at Sankam Residency Belgavi.
There were about 4 vehicles ahead of me in the queue and when my turn came a ambulance with sirens blaring joined the queue. I was asked for my destination and on hearing Bangalore asked if i am carrying the test report. He didn't check my report as he wanted to clear the queue for the ambulance.

I did see couple of cars pulled aside and cops were checking and talking to the drivers.
Also little ahead of this check-post was a separate check-post for buses where i saw a KSRTC Volvo sleeper and a VRL Volvo being checked.

I felt such a wasted effort around RT-PCR(for me) since the cop didn't even glance at my report. I am not sure if they do check in detail or was it because of the ambulance.
Old 23rd January 2022, 22:44   #1365
BHPian

Just drove back today on Sunday from Thuraiyur (near Trichy) in TN, to Bangalore (Whitefield) . TN is in lockdown but cops were there at exits but not stopping anyone as traffic was sparse all over. Bangalore entry was no fuss, via Hosur-Chikkatirupathi-Whitefield route ( to avoid the Varthur Sunday market, just in case since lockdown in Bangalore is lifted) . To sum it up , was not stopped anywhere

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks