Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2020, 17:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

I would suggest to not travel unless its absolutely necessary. Apart from no restaurants being open, one more major issue in road travel would be the vehicle itself. If in case of a breakdown, I doubt if you will have any roadside assistance support. Getting support for fixing a flat tire itself may be a problem.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 17:26   #17
BHPian

I think you need a pass from the state of origin of your journey as well as from the destination state. If there are states in between, these two passes will take care of it.

But this rule might change, after tomorrow. We have to wait and see what the governments are going to decide about interstate travel conditions from 1 June onwards.

Road journey in private cars will be safer for sometime to come.

You can carry disposable plates and glasses for your use, your own bedsheets and pillow covers/pillows if you wish to stay at hotels and eat on the way. Ensure that hotels you want to stay in did not function as quarantine centers, etc.
Old 30th May 2020, 18:44   #18
BHPian

Was going through one article wherin the government of Rajasthan has decided to open the tourist places. This is a pointer that government might open interstate travel.

Secondly, as per my understanding, since truck movement has been enabled, Roadside dhabas would definitely be open to cater to the truckers. Else how do the truckers survive on the road. The max that government would enforce is checking the travelers for their well being at some places. They would definitely be very strict with people travelling to the high risk cities like Delhi/mumbai/kolkatta etc. But am sure that e-pass and other things will be done away with. Even with the railways opening up their operations, am sure that road travel should also open up.
Old 30th May 2020, 19:43   #19
M^3

MHA has issued new guidelines for the next phase of lockdown, allowing unrestricted movement across state lines. However, states can independently decide against the same based on their own risk assessment. We may get a clearer picture in couple of days.
Old 30th May 2020, 19:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
But am sure that e-pass and other things will be done away with. Even with the railways opening up their operations, am sure that road travel should also open up.
Indeed, with new guidelines the Inter State travel has been allowed, without a pass.
Old 30th May 2020, 21:00   #21
BHPian

I was also planning to do Ghaziabad -> Bangalore via road but then dropped my plan as of now. Even when the borders are open, you would not find help on the way. It is quite risky now. You never know what might be closed and considering the safety of your family I would advise you to pick a different time , maybe later this year.
Old 31st May 2020, 00:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Yesterday I did Vadodara-Udaipur-Vadodara trip.
How was your experience on Safety? Have heard horror stories of miscreants attacking cars, including one verified instance.
Old 31st May 2020, 10:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Replies to the point.

If you have some relatives willing to host you for a night or two, that would be the best option. Else sleep in car after parking in a fuel bunk.
This may not be an option. You are allowed to stay only at your destination point. If you plan to stay at your relatives place, you have to follow the quarantine procedure of that respective state.

I had traveled from Pune to KL two weeks back in my W124 (Yes, 1200km in a 24 years old car ). My home quarantine ended only yesterday. We had thought of staying at our relatives place in Bangalore en-route, but had to drop the plan. I had stopped the car by a safe-looking well-lite place near a police check-point and slept for sometime in the night.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 10:21   #24

Hello,

As per the new MHA guidelines, no pass is needed for travel between states however the states may decide on the need for pass, Suggest that you wait for clarifications, which may come in next couple of days.

Have a safe trip
Old 31st May 2020, 10:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
This may not be an option. You are allowed to stay only at your destination point. If you plan to stay at your relatives place, you have to follow the quarantine procedure of that respective state.

I had traveled from Pune to KL two weeks back in my W124 (Yes, 1200km in a 24 years old car ). My home quarantine ended only yesterday. We had thought of staying at our relatives place in Bangalore en-route, but had to drop the plan. I had stopped the car by a safe-looking well-lite place near a police check-point and slept for sometime in the night.
A friend went 2-3 weeks back from Bangalore to Rajasthan..He stayed over for a night at his relative's place in Silvassa. Might not be officially allowed, but he stayed without being quarantined.
Old 31st May 2020, 11:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
A friend went 2-3 weeks back from Bangalore to Rajasthan..He stayed over for a night at his relative's place in Silvassa. Might not be officially allowed, but he stayed without being quarantined.
Of course, you can cheat the rules. No one is going to check whether I strayed to Bangalore to my brother's place to stay overnight or drove straight to KA-KL border. But in times like this, we are responsible too to do our bit to contain this pandemic. What if you are already infected? You don't want to pass it to your host, would you?
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 13:16   #27
BHPian

Interstate travel is now nothing less than a total disorder, thanks to ever changing guidelines and autonomy delegated to individual states. I was supposed to relocate to KL from Delhi by road before lockdown, however i waited over and things got real mess in no time.

Thing are so bad that consider yourselves be lucky if u able to reach your destination even by Air (flight cancellation sufferer myself). Not many people have the luxury like us to still be safe & healthy (away from home) or atleast be at the mercy of good people. I wish the Govt. take the matters in their own hands before it's too late.
Abby92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 10:31   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
How was your experience on Safety? Have heard horror stories of miscreants attacking cars, including one verified instance.
On my usual route of Vadodara-Halol-Godhra-Modasa-Shamlaji-Udaipur, nothing odd did I face. There were very few people traveling on foot. At a couple of places there were some individuals standing on side of highway and demanding money or so, but nothing like blocking of road or stone pelting or anything as such. Overall, safe journey except for lack of traffic which reduces chances of getting help. The traffic might increase as I guess most borders are opened up.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 18:15   #29
BHPian

Re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

I need to travel from Blore to Thane and back to Blore to bring back my parents to Blore.

For travel by road in pvt car, is an exit and entry pass reqd nowadays for KA of traveling from KA to MH to KA?

What about entry and exit pass for MH?

I had applied for KA exit and entry passes and MH entry pass 1 week ago. Only the KA exit pass has been approved till now, other passes not yet approved.

Anyone traveled bween KA and MH recently?
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:27   #30
BHPian

Last week, my uncle left for his heavenly adobe. So, we need to be there.

Me and my family are planning to drive down to Kolkata from Bangalore this weekend.

Also, we plan to have our 1st night halt at Visakhapatnam and probably the 2nd one in Kharagpur, in case not allowed to drive later in the evening.

What is the general opinion here? What can we expect enroute? How safe would it be to stay at any of these hotels?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks